No, Bannerlord is not a grift. It has potential to be ultimate medieval strategy&rpg game.

Users who are viewing this thread

No one ever told me before that I got enough potential to be the ultimate ruler of this forum.
But after I read this thread, I realized that I do have the potential.

Potential only ever becomes reality if there is real motivation and will to make it happen.

TW have made it very, very clear that they are aiming to deliver a product that is 'good enough' in their eyes. And no more than this.

We all know that after this point, it will be the modders who take over to make it something beyond ' good enough '.

I'm sure TW know this. In fact, they're counting on it.

They're depending on it.

Potential only ever becomes reality if there is real motivation and will to make it happen.

TW have made it very, very clear that they are aiming to deliver a product that is 'good enough' in their eyes. And no more than this.

We all know that after this point, it will be the modders who take over to make it something beyond ' good enough '.

I'm sure TW know this. In fact, they're counting on it.

They're depending on it.
Nope, they drew a very different picture from the reality and most of the statements regarding the state of the EA were outright false and little progress has been accomplished since then. We saw Armağan Yavuz pretty often before EA but he just disappeared into the thin air with the EA launch, I don't think even he is satisfied with the result or he simply didn't care? I'll always respect him for giving life to this concept but by disappearing and being dishonest about the EA, I admit it's lesser now than before.
I gotta admit this gave me a laugh. Technically, it IS true that re-adding a removed feature is progress.
Indeed.

*not talking about MW4*
I remember that avatar picture, it's from the MW4 intro. He was a lance leader that lost his lance to poor acting and then sacrificed himself to buy his side 30 seconds which was few hours short of what they needed. But it looked like it meant something if you were not paying attention. :razz:

I remember that avatar picture, it's from the MW4 intro. He was a lance leader that lost his lance to poor acting and then sacrificed himself to buy his side 30 seconds which was few hours short of what they needed. But it looked like it meant something if you were not paying attention. :razz:
If you thought it didn't mean something then you were not paying attention. That lance wasn't the first responders, first responders are the ones who were already fighting during the first comms, the main guard forces already got destroyed, they were merely a scout lance, launched as a last resort. Intro was made more dramatic with most of the lance getting destroyed in the hangar but people won't sit through a 10 minutes intro to see a full lance in action, that's what the game is for, lol. I think acting was good, it's subjective.

A lot of people are pointing out there is (or was) indeed a potential but Taleworlds won't be able to realise it because of their lack of will and competence. Of course there is a possibility that Taleworlds is not going to fulfill potential of this game in future due to their lack of interest, laziness or incompetence. Though I believe the opposite since I think most important thing about Bannerlord is base buildup and they did a great job about that. This game feels like empty-shell content-wise right now but it's solid base game will enable developers to add variety content easily in future.

Game mechanics already presents elements needed for creating Contents like feasts, immersive tournaments, dialogues, siege missions, kingdom diplomacy, dynamic events and schemes. It's not a Cyberpunk case, there won't be development from scratch needed for those features to be realized. Multi-billion $ company like CDPR cannot make a good game out of Cyberpunk right now because it's mechanics are inherently nightmarish and any extra content must be created mostly from beginning. So I think Taleworlds already handled the most important part by developing a solid base game, now they're focusing on stabilizing it. Adding content and making it immersive is matter of time if they don't give up on this game pre and post release.

Game mechanics already presents elements needed for creating Contents like feasts, immersive tournaments, dialogues, siege missions, kingdom diplomacy, dynamic events and schemes. It's not a Cyberpunk case, there won't be development from scratch needed for those features to be realized. Multi-billion $ company like CDPR cannot make a good game out of Cyberpunk right now because it's mechanics are inherently nightmarish and any extra content must be created mostly from beginning. So I think Taleworlds already handled the most important part by developing a solid base game, now they're focusing on stabilizing it. Adding content and making it immersive is matter of time if they don't give up on this game pre and post release.
the-neighborhood-cedric-the-entertainer.gif

I wish i could help you with that but i am not that rich either :razz:
I don't think they care about the negativity in this forum when they have a good steam score and soaring sales, actions speak louder then words after all.
If there was such a job, they wouldn't need to hire me. They have already won my support with countless hours of fun playing both warband and bannerlord!
Isn't the average income in western countries over $70,000 a year? It will be nearly 500,000 yuan in RMB. I have never been abroad, but I think your life is much better than ours, right? You can buy something like a graphics card OR CPU for $3000 and it's pretty good. We spend ¥2,30000 and that's a lot of money. So your hardware is much better than ours, right? Updates will be faster than ours

Isn't the average income in western countries over $70,000 a year? It will be nearly 500,000 yuan in RMB. I have never been abroad, but I think your life is much better than ours, right? You can buy something like a graphics card OR CPU for $3000 and it's pretty good. We spend ¥2,30000 and that's a lot of money. So your hardware is much better than ours, right? Updates will be faster than ours
While that might be true, you are forgetting that life in those countries is also way more expensive. Also, some jobs get you 24k to 30k and taxes are usually higher for higher income. Life is also merciless when it comes to paying bills and mortgages/rent. You can easily be kicked out without any second thought because there will be 10 people waiting in line for your position. All in all it is slightly better but i am sure there are advantages to where you live that are lost to the ages in western countries.

It has potential, sure. I even find the current beta quite enjoyable, but after all these years of development, I had expected something... more. My hopes now rest with the modders. As long as the devs can make the base game a good enough foundation for the modders to build upon, I think we'll see great things from this game. Hopefully, the game devs themselves manage to make a game that's worth playing without mods, but only time will tell, I guess.

The problem with resting all hope on modders for Bannerlord is that the tools provided for them are apparently insufficient, broken, buggy or poorly documented.

Back
Top Bottom