No Appearance at PC Gamer 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

bjorntheconquerer said:
Eurepans was in the core of action.

Thank you. This is the only point I was trying to convey, and it seemed like you were denying it with this

bjorntheconquerer said:
The European Renaissance was started internally is the most ridiculous sentence I ever heard

So you retract this statement then? You say not just internally, which is true, there were many other factors including some influence from the east. But the renaissance is largely and mainly attributed to internal Europe, right?

bjorntheconquerer said:
Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi
Also F this guy, hundreds of years later hes giving me headaches with his algebra. Yeah thanks a lot guy :meh:

History of west can not be explained by just history of west and same goes also for history of east. Yeah, that statement is rude but I used it beacause Crowcorrector used the phrase of pig-**** and you said "Lol obviously you have a boner for the mongols" (Btw, Honved did not just meant Monghols, I guess) so action-reaction. I should not have triggered and I should not have said that in the way I did.

bjorntheconquerer said:
History of west can not be explained by just history of west and same goes also for history of east. Yeah, that statement is rude but I used it beacause Crowcorrector used the phrase of pig-**** and you said "Lol obviously you have a boner for the mongols" (Btw, Honved did not just meant Monghols, I guess) so action-reaction. I should not have triggered and I should have not said that in the way I did.

True, all of mankind's history is tangled and intertwined with each other. Yeah np man we all get heated time to time lol. But saying he has a boner for mongols isn't meant to be rude, that means someone likes it a lot. I have a boner for Vlandia, the empire and battanians and I'm proud of my boner  :lol:

Well, just want to point out something you are completely getting wrong.

You quoted Europeans were “rediscovering” the old Greek/Roman ways of thinking styles. The major point that has to be made here, is that these “Europeans” that were around continent of Europe around 15th century, are not the “Europeans” that were around at the classical times. Most of the European nations are were in fact created after barbarian invasions (Franks, Visigoths, Lombards, Anglo-Saxons, etc, etc) and almost NONE of them are Romans, nor they were so keen on embracing roman ways of thinking.(well, assuming they even could if they wanted to)

The only, somewhat “pure” thing that is left from all that barbarian migration mess is the Greek culture, and ancient stuff, documents, “ways of thinking” were mostly preserved and advanced by Arabs and Byzantines, since Europe at those times was kind of a ****hole.

And, Greeks are not to be put in the same category with “Europeans”. Byzantium, is also not the “Europe”.

“Italian” culture after the Lombard invasion is not the same. Certainly, not Roman.

So uh, just wanted to clear that up.

Anani said:
Well, just want to point out something you are completely getting wrong.

You quoted Europeans were “rediscovering” the old Greek/Roman ways of thinking styles. The major point that has to be made here, is that these “Europeans” that were around continent of Europe around 15th century, are not the “Europeans” that were around at the classical times. Most of the European nations are were in fact created after barbarian invasions (Franks, Visigoths, Lombards, Anglo-Saxons, etc, etc) and almost NONE of them are Romans, nor they were so keen on embracing roman ways of thinking.(well, assuming they even could if they wanted to)

The only, somewhat “pure” thing that is left from all that barbarian migration mess is the Greek culture, and ancient stuff, documents, “ways of thinking” were mostly preserved and advanced by Arabs and Byzantines, since Europe at those times was kind of a ****.

And, Greeks are not to be put in the same category with “Europeans”. Byzantium, is also not the “Europe”.

“Italian” culture after the Lombard invasion is not the same. Certainly, not Roman.

So uh, just wanted to clear that up.

I don't see your point tbh. Europeans were rediscovering the old Greek and Roman ways? Because they're not direct descendants to the exact same dude hundreds of years ago is the problem you're having with that statement?

You're coming off rather nitpicky, were they not Europeans living on a continent named Europe rediscovering old European history? I'm getting a headache saying European so much  :???:
Also couldn't it be said that there was a lot of mixture between Romans and the invading barbarian tribes? I mean they were literally "Romanized". It was actually common for Roman generals to have barbarian ancestry.

& come on man, Greece is in Europe? They're southern Europeans.
Thanks for "clearing" it up, by clearing it up I mean restarting this mess.

Back
Top Bottom