No Appearance at PC Gamer 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Kortze26 said:
Kehlian said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
I can't go into any detail but we are extremely busy at the moment and all hands are needed on deck.

No but this quote means the game won't come out before pcgamer, because they are working on the game during that time.

This quote also raises my hype for a release in the next months (as in last rush before release hands on deck), but I shouldn't do that, as nothing was said clearly
Agreed...  I'd say this is a pretty good indicator of a crunch time.  There were comments about updating, possibly finalising, the world map.  That means, as was eluded to in the last interview that the main story can finally be written and implemented, since locations dictate the story, not the other way around.

yeah hope so too, the game Feature and the basical game should be already finished. I hope they are working at the moment only on the Story and some bug fixing. Anyone knows that the Player in M&B create his own Story so i thing that we are Close for a release  :grin: :grin: ... maybe?  :???: ... please  :ohdear: ... god dam it ...  :meh:

We would be the first to admit that we announced the game too early and we have apologised for this on multiple occasions. We truly are sorry for building up people's hopes so early. We have explained that we had a few bumps along the way, especially early on in development, but we are well on track now and we are almost on the home straight. - Callum

This quote from Callum this morning on the Steam forums, hopefully, means they are on track for that early 2nd quarter (April) release window.

+Kortze26
I just hope they didnt rush anything in order to be "back on track".
Here my voice Callum and devs !
If that is the case I would rather have you "not back on track".

On track can mean alot of things. The game might be on track to released in 2019.

At least it is positive news that they aren't experiencing any major issues at the moment.

jackalj said:
On track can mean alot of things. The game might be on track to released in 2019.

At least it is positive news that they aren't experiencing any major issues at the moment.

:lol: literally this!  "On track" from a group of people who said "soon" more than a year ago means **** all hahha.  On track for the next ****ing decade

Crowcorrector said:
jackalj said:

:lol: literally this!  "On track" from a group of people who said "soon" more than a year ago means **** all hahha.  On track for the next **** decade
Hahaha lol guys, like, **** taleworlds how could they think they were going to release the game but ended changing their minds so they can make the best game possible!!!  :iamamoron: :iamamoron: instead of supporting them let's just act like spoiled 12 year olds and make stupid jokes from 2 years ago xDxD.
Jackasses

Nymeris said:
Crowcorrector said:
jackalj said:

:lol: literally this!  "On track" from a group of people who said "soon" more than a year ago means **** all hahha.  On track for the next **** decade
Hahaha lol guys, like, **** taleworlds how could they think they were going to release the game but ended changing their minds so they can make the best game possible!!!  :iamamoron: :iamamoron: instead of supporting them let's just act like spoiled 12 year olds and make stupid jokes from 2 years ago xDxD.
Jackasses

Take a seat and keep growing old fella

Kortze26 said:
We would be the first to admit that we announced the game too early and we have apologised for this on multiple occasions. We truly are sorry for building up people's hopes so early. We have explained that we had a few bumps along the way, especially early on in development, but we are well on track now and we are almost on the home straight. - Callum

This quote from Callum this morning on the Steam forums, hopefully, means they are on track for that early 2nd quarter (April) release window.

"but we are well on track now and we are almost on the home straight".

Key note everyone, they aren't actually on the home straight, they are perceiving that they are almost at the point where they are on the home straight.

Still probably 2020.

"on track for the home straight" could mean anything. It could just mean that they havent hit roadbumps lately but the timeline is still long for all we know. And how long is "the home straight"? These things are 100% up for interpretation. People need to stop looking so deeply into the things TW says. Theyve given us multiple possible dates and said that theyre putting the finishing touches on the game as well months ago. The only thing you can trust is a definite "releasing X day" announcement.

It sounds negative i know but its better than getting your hopes up. You can argue for years over what these little statements actually mean but who cares?

KhergitLancer80 said:
Vlandia is your typical western european medieval kingdom.
Knights, 2h swords, bastard swords etc.You know like those standard kingdoms you get to see in cartoons, movies even fantasy movies like shrek, the kingdoms in it resemble these type of kingdoms.It may have been interesting if it wasnt overused.

The most unique faction is probably Khuzaits.

Wow couldn't I say the Khuzaits are just your typical eastern nomad people? Light cav, horse archery, tribes and mongol like horde? So unique

Dethikus said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
Knights, 2h swords, bastard swords etc.You know like those standard kingdoms you get to see in cartoons, movies even fantasy movies like shrek, the kingdoms in it resemble these type of kingdoms.It may have been interesting if it wasnt overused.

Wow couldn't I say the Khuzaits are just your typical eastern nomad people? Light cav, horse archery, tribes and mongol like horde? So unique

It is unique because among the rpg games we do not have any games to play as an eastern medieval faction(correct me if I am wrong) except mount and blade. Btw, in history Turks and Mongols had the cav unit which is equivalent to the knights. I mean they also have heavy cavalry.

bjorntheconquerer said:
It is unique because among the rpg games we do not have any games to play as an eastern medieval faction(correct me if I am wrong) except mount and blade. Btw, in history Turks and Mongols had the cav unit which is equivalent to the knights. I mean they also have heavy cavalry.

So because there isn't a huge market full of Mongolian games, it reduces another factions/cultures and its peoples uniqueness?

There also isn't any RPG's set in/around carthage, so by your logic that makes eastern asian culture and mongols generic and bland too.

Dethikus said:
bjorntheconquerer said:

So because there isn't a huge market full of Mongolian games, it reduces another factions/cultures and its peoples uniqueness?

There also isn't any RPG's set in/around carthage, so by your logic that makes eastern asian culture and mongols generic and bland too.

My friend, I did not say this reduces other factions uniqueness as in my earlier post I said playing as one of eastern faction is unique.

I for one think this is good news. It tells me that the developing team is on full steam, and that they have a schedule to meet. We all would like to know the schedule, but at this point i'm happy to know that they can't take time off developing and into PR.
I would even go so far as predicting that the next event they appear in will be basically pre-launch. If they appear at all.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Balexander said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
vicwiz007 said:
Thats actually what i was thinking of as i wrote that... I honestly would love to know what he was thinking as he wrote such a response lol how could someone have no feelings whatsoever toward any of the factions?

He couldn't pick just one because they are all equally awesome. :smile:
nah Vlandia is the best  :shifty:  :lol:

Ofc uniqueness doesnt mean best but if you look at the history the largest and most feared medieval empire, Mongols are under Khuzaits belly.

I like typical western medieval knights. I will be mad if there wasn't atleast one faction like that.

It doesn't seem they will be attending, I don't take it as a bad thing.  It does take resources to make polished demos and they've done several in the last year or so.  I would rather they keep giving 100% to finish the game.

Octaviux said:
It doesn't seem they will be attending, I don't take it as a bad thing.  It does take resources to make polished demos and they've done several in the last year or so.  I would rather they keep giving 100% to finish the game.

I'm okay with it as long as BL doesn't turn out to be full vaporware.

OnionKnight said:
I like typical western medieval knights. I will be mad if there wasn't atleast one faction like that.

Ofc they are a must. Still, cant say the most interesting simply because they are overused in pop culture.

Dethikus said:

The game is covering the most major six cultures of the medieval times. Ofc we arent going to receive some -unknown to most- culture among these six cultures.

Also how many times have we witnessed good movies based on steppe people ?
Even though historically Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan and other less known examples played big roles I have only witnessed one bad Attila movie(not mentioning the ones in 20th century) and another not known much Genghis Khan movie made by Japanese.
I mean the guy founded the largest medieval Empire in history and has a very interesting life with treasons and slavery but only one movie ?

Now for the other factions; Vlandia is obvious, they are everywhere. Let alone the historical movies, Shakespeare influenced ones and all, it is the first thing to come to people's mind when you say medieval. It is soo common that when I was a child I remember I thought knights were a thing in my history as well.

For the Empire, to be honest I think history of the Byzantine empire was always under-appreciated but their culture, because it is not very different than other mediterannian empires notably Roman Empire and because of their long stay in history they are also well known.

Battanians resemble Celts and they are well known. Braveheart etc. Also you can find influences of it in many fantasy settings.

Aserai resemble Arabs. They are known mostly thanks to the crusades. By being the enemy of the crusaders they get mentioned in some movies like Kingdom of Heaven or Assassins Creed, they also somewhat influence fantasy settings. Also there are some cartoon movies like Aladin.

Now only Khuzaits and Strugians are left on the list.
For the Strugians, yeah they arent also mentioned a lot in mainstream stuff but they are European after all. They are settled people with not much differences from other European factions, ofc they are unique in their way too

but Khuzaits are bizarre-ly unique.
They are nothing like other people. They arent even living in houses but oogy-boogy yurts which are basically those circular tents and they can migrate anytime they want.
Their warfare is also very unique (and successful considering all their achievements in history). Nothing like other people. They have horse archers and hit and run tactics.

because like I said they arent mentioned a lot in neither movies, nor cartoons anything.
Hopefully the attention on them will increase nowadays as people get to know more about history. We have already received Dothraki from GoT.
Dothraki from GoT, one Attila movie, one Genghis movie, a Total War video game(TW:Attila)
and thats about it.Now compare these to hundreds of thousands of history movies, animations, fantasy kingdoms etc.

Dethikus said:

No, another faction's culture being overused in many movies, cartoons, fantasy settings over years is the thing that reduces their uniqueness totally irrevelant with other cultures being more or less presented.
I didnt understand your example but I would love to see more about Carthage.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Also how many times have we witnessed good movies based on steppe people ?
Even though historically Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan and other less known examples played big roles I have only witnessed one bad Attila movie(not mentioning the ones in 20th century) and another not known much Genghis Khan movie made by Japanese.
I mean the guy founded the largest medieval Empire in history and has a very interesting life with treasons and slavery but only one movie ?

It must be your youth or a dread of John Wayne's terrible accent as Genghis Khan.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2013/may/03/the-conqueror-hollywood-genghis-khan

PS by the time BL's released this might be out of copyright, letting TW use John Wayne sound clips for voice overs.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom