No.504 Squadron R.A.F - IL2: Cliffs of Dover Roleplaying Squadron

Users who are viewing this thread

My perspective during this evening's (first) flight:

InHckRe.png

7aq9OWp.png

6QAKFiY.png

rAf6iRH.png

If you are forced to bail on SoW, do not under any circumstances whatsoever ever and never end the flight nor respawn before the chute (or your body respectively) has hit the ground.
Doing so will end the career, no matter the outcome of the jump.

I got lucky yesterday as I was the first 504 to do so and reddog showed mercy and will revive my career since none of us were around when they introduced this change and it worked differently in the past.

I wanted to relearn the RAF phonetic alphabet, and I stumbled upon this. Thought it was nice, so I cut out the relevant parts and cleaned it up:

VDmMqZu.png

A new thing for me is the numbering system. I know that they used "owe" in, for example, 013: "owe, one, three degrees". I suppose "zero" wasn't used at all, not even for 310: "three, one, owe".

Also, I wonder if "niner" was in common use... The chap in the video simply says "nine".

What you're reading there Porky is the accepted pronunciation at the time for broadcast - Received Pronunciation. If you think of BBC productions of the time, or your standard RAF officer quip, that's where the additional stress appears at the end of each word. I suspect that you are not hearing it properly, or that none of us (maybe Richard?) can produce the sound all right and proper 'cos none of us are from down South. It's a breathless 'er' sound at the end of 'Nine' to give the proper punch over comms.

So eversince I got myself a new computer that can handle CloD I've been looking to try out SoW. Alternatively, just people to join on sorties with. My navigation is mediocre at best but air combat, gunnery and all of that is decent enough. Formation flying and plane ID'ing is also decent-ish.

Do you guys still fly SoW, or fly at all? I'd love to try and fly with you guys if you're still doing so.

1C Game Studios to Cooperate with Team Fusion on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title. Such cooperation was made possible only recently as full ownership rights to Cliffs of Dover was returned to 1C Company after many years. We can now allow Team Fusion to continue their work more comfortably and help turn Cliffs of Dover into the product is was intended to be. 1C Game Studios recognizes the hard work and passion that Team Fusion has exhibited in improving Cliffs of Dover and we welcome their continued dedication to the product. We also welcome them to the 1C Game Studios family of developers who help make the combat flight-sim genre and IL-2 Sturmovik series so compelling.
In the coming weeks and months, Team Fusion’s work will be offered as an official content update and patch for Cliffs of Dover on Steam. This update will merge all the current changes and fixes into one update. The update will initially be optional. Not long thereafter, the update will be codified by Team Fusion and officially entered into the source code and file system for the product itself. The title will then be permanently updated through Steam negating the need for a separate patch.
Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements. There is a possibility that other theaters will be developed in the future pending the outcome of this first add-on. More information about the North Africa add-on will be made public in the coming weeks.
The Cliffs of Dover product line will be distinct and separate from the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad line produced by 1C Game Studios. Both game engines will be developed separately by each team with the announced IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban development schedule unchanged and unaffected by this announcement.
Cliffs of Dover and its add-ons will be sold on the official IL-2 website (www.il2sturmovik.com) and through Steam. There are no current plans to incorporate Cliffs of Dover into the existing 1C Game Studios user account system. Players will continue to manage their Cliffs of Dover install through Steam just as it is done now.
We hope you find this announcement to be exciting and re-assuring that your favorite hobby will continue to grow and flourish. 1C Game Studios and Team Fusion ask for your support as this new era of cooperation and development begins!
The 1C Game Studios Team
Discussion of this announcement can be found here in a new section of the Sturmovik Forum: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/104-il-2-strumovik-cliffs-dover/

On the one hand.. great! I remember talking about this in a rather large circle on the SoW server, in a wishful thinking atmosphere, a good year or so ago.

On the other hand:
So TF 5.0 is going to be commercial then? And now we know why Colander kept holding back the release of the basically finished patch... :???:

Ah well, a fixed up CloD is still something to be happy about.

Yup, the scripted campaign for BoS is decent, and I recall them still talking about doing a campaign generator still

DX 11 has been a huge performance thing, and VR support finally actually being a thing will make me shell out for a oculus.
Big improvements all around.

Campaign is pausing as the organisers are fed up with CloD being CloD and even before that most of us succumbed to flight-sim fatigue a while back.
I for one am going to check it out once TF is part of the base game or failing that when the Africa campaign is out. I mean... if it ever bloody comes out in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom