[NFL] - Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no idea why theres no thread up
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,374513.0.html it says the deadline for week 2 is 19-02 to 25-02 so razer and i need an extension
we're playing on wednesday 28th at 1930 gmt (time isn't 100% yet, day is)

idk where else to put it, charlini told me to post so he can confirm the extension to be granted

I think that when players who have been blamed of aimbot/wallhack for multiple times (and even caught on hacker forums) cannot provide a screenshot, it's quite obvious they are using some form of hack?? A 1 match ban will not make them stop using it in the future, they should either record their entire match or just be banned from the tourny. Three archers were asked for screens, our archer (kane) complied and made it, the enemys 2 archers who have a history of being blamed for hacks didn't...

I also do think stronger punishement needs to be handed out to people who don't comply with these screenshots. As discussed before in many threads, M&B Warband has no anti-cheat system what so ever. The only way we can check for cheats now *Which is quite outdated since people can just hide their cheats perfectly with a press of a button* is to let people make a screenshot that has to have text in it, and you need to have ur weapon out. This is a very easy thing to do, which makes you wonder how all these people always seem to (forget) making these screenshots. There is 7 more people in your team, and possibly more in spec, who also see the request and will probably remind the player, or joke about it.

Seeing as how alot of these people who are thought to be cheating are failing to provide a screenshots time and time again, I think we should have all of these suspicious players record every match and upload it in youtube in private. For this there are alot of good and easy recording softwares to use. My recorder has alot of options so even on the computers with the tiniest amount of storage space should be good enough for a 480p 45 min vid.

If the people do not comply with these, again, very simple demands, I think they should be punished without any mercy. Banning these players from the tournament if they fail to do this again seems most fair in my mind.

^^^

Brothers said it just about right. We miss harsher punishments, I am not sure why some players suspected of cheating for a longer time now, are, after not being able to comply, banned only for 1 match. I would say I am friend with both (Maximou, Kazupa), even though I do bring out some light banter on IG when Maximou is around. Eiher way, I find this situation unpleasent and it should be truly taken seriously and decision made appropriately. Just to point out, most of the new hacks won’t be catchable by simple screenshot... for example, wallhacks and interface work “outside” of the main program, therefore ingame screenshot will show nothing. Second thing is, that interface can be usually hidden. So even if you’d use the windows PrntScrn, it may not help with the case... I would say that recordings are the only way to do this.

Reconsider a harsher punishment please.

Surkan said:
The ban's never been different for failing the screenshot. It's hard to get it right on time and not everyone pays attention to chat.
Maximou typed "XDDDD" stuff like that right after rey sent the message, he definetely saw it. Yet it still took him 3 minutes to take it, that's what's so suspicous about it.

People dont get punished because everyone is worried it'll eventually kill the tournament/scene. The fact that a player signs up for the tournament means more than having a fair match.

Greedalicious said:
The fact that a player signs up for the tournament means more than having a fair match.
So you say it's better to have a cheater playing in the match than actually not having the cheater in the tourney at all?

Yes, all are just assumptions, yet, they actually were asked for something they didn't "manage" to do. Combined with the past tournaments and dramas on this forum, I guess it is just about right to deliver a proper punishment.

EDIT: I respect the decision of the admin team.  I don't want to argue.

๖Kern said:
Greedalicious said:
The fact that a player signs up for the tournament means more than having a fair match.
So you say it's better to have a cheater playing in the match than actually not having the cheater in the tourney at all?

Yes, all are just assumptions, yet, they actually were asked for something they didn't "manage" to do. Combined with the past tournaments and dramas on this forum, I guess it is just about right to deliver a proper punishment.

EDIT: I respect the decision of the admin team.  I don't want to argue.
I believe Greed was being sarcastic with his statement there. I think he and all the other players who do not cheat will agree on having suspicious players record their matches. This way we can all clear our doubts and have fair matches of which we are all sure.

Greedalicious said:
People dont get punished because everyone is worried it'll eventually kill the tournament/scene. The fact that a player signs up for the tournament means more than having a fair match.

In no tournament I've been a part of running has anyone ever worried about not banning cheaters in order to keep the population up. It would be a pretty ridiculous notion to cling to running a competitive scene so much that we ruin the competitive nature by allowing cheaters.

What is the concern is organising systems and using appropriate evidence in order to justify bans, of which there has been precious little. This current drama over screenshots is a good example, the workload involved - referee asking specific players for it, multiple players correctly taking the shot and uploading - is relatively high and ripe for mistakes, whereas the actual effectiveness of it is that it would only catch the low hanging fruit anyway since cheat overlay can be turned off. So we have something very basic that won't catch many people but can cause a lot of "false positive" e.g. people who are in the middle of an official match not pressing the screenshot button. I have been there myself, think I had to ask for the message to be repeated which of course negates the whole point.

I'm still for this feature to be implemented, it has had some success even if it's just catching idiots, but we need to be ready not to immediately declare half the scene cheating too and recognise its weaknesses. Honestly I don't think the vast majority of suspected players are cheating, and I say this as someone definitely guilty of accusing people before. But since that's the case, and with technology having moved on enough that I would say most people have the capability now to record, a forced recording after a failed screenshot seems like a decent approach to me and would clear up any doubt.

DuckTheMean said:
Tbf how hard is it to press F12 and take a ss through steam on time?
To be fair mate, the reason I didn't post my screenshot was because I was too busy eating my mixed fruit crumble and custard. Just a tad hard when you're trying to eat it before it gets cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom