Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually think the way we're implementing is so much better than a pre-rendered video. With this, you'll actually see your own clan members, friends in the world(high relation) in the audience and your own wife/husband next to you in the scene.
That's the best, just make sure if the player character is ugly to use a full face helmet.

I actually think the way we're implementing is so much better than a pre-rendered video. With this, you'll actually see your own clan members, friends in the world(high relation) in the audience and your own wife/husband next to you in the scene.
Wow, thanks for sharing Mr MRay! Sounds like a fantastic addition, I think I can say on everyone's behalf it's so appreciated you are giving that immersion/cinematic side of the game some attention. Giving some minor payoffs like this with an animated visual feedback and tiny breaks in the action would really give a lot of weight and feeling of accomplishment and "milestone complete" to the game. Brilliant!

If I could make one tiny suggestion for your consideration ?, I noticed you said "scene", assuming this is still in the "execution animation window" it would be fantastic if it could be blown up as LARGE as it can be, even fullscreen if possible! (assuming it isn't already an entirely new "scene"). I just think any of these type of animated events deserve to be large and centre-screen so we can admire your work and our characters accomplishment properly!

(p.s. Kings Court scene pleaseeee) :ROFLMAO: Thanks again for sharing, love to see it!

i remember they upload a vieo some years agor saying something as battle replay, sadly i could not longer find that video i hope they could do something similar, maybe at least for MP matches, coul be great as a machinima tool

I'am not sure if this even something @MRay can comment but i Wonder if there will be at least some improvement to dialog options and generally story-telling content in the forthcoming patches? Or this is the very last thing in the queue?

This sounds interesting!

Could you tell us which kind of event would lead to this kind of popup?

Weddings I suppose, but I have to be honest I don't see which ones otherwise?

This sounds interesting!

Could you tell us which kind of event would lead to this kind of popup?

Weddings I suppose, but I have to be honest I don't see which ones otherwise?
Every single dialog scene will be played as a cutscene with different camera angles and scripted movement.
Except for weddings, childbirths and coronations. For those you'll get a pop-up message saying "congrats lol".

Joining or creating a kingdom, death of a clan member or death of the main player, wedding, child born etc. comes to mind. There are more.
Did you consider voting in the throne room, feasts, and other proposals that have been posted here? I mean what you just said is so heartwarming. I think I cannot express enough - how important this communication is to us. Thank you @MRay!

Joining or creating a kingdom, death of a clan member or death of the main player, wedding, child born etc. comes to mind. There are more.
oh those look great! the mainquest could also use some unique animations from time to time or at least some unique scenes in the quests, it's basically all generic hideouts here, there, everywhere and battles in normal terrains.

One example of this could be an animation of the player kneeling and delivering the dragonbanner to his chosen monarch or another scene of some nobles or soldiers kneeling/cheering to the player while he wields the dragonbanner if you decide to keep it and form your own kingdom, there are lots of cool posibilities :grin:

oh those look great! the mainquest could also use some unique animations from time to time or at least some unique scenes in the quests, it's basically all generic hideouts here, there, everywhere and battles in normal terrains.

One example of this could be an animation of the player kneeling and delivering the dragonbanner to his chosen monarch or another scene of some nobles or soldiers kneeling/cheering to the player while he wields the dragonbanner if you decide to keep it and form your own kingdom, there are lots of cool posibilities :grin:
These additions include main story quests. Those will have additional scene notifications as well.

I want to see a siege overhaul. They all play the same, the AI is broken, and the sieges can lag the game because of the AI acting up. I want the walls to not be the only part of the battle. I want to see troops push into the settlements, fortify alleyways and streets, cover those retreating to defend the keep and let the streets rain blood and fire. The sieges are too tame. I don't expect Total War, because then it would be a good siege, but I expect something not so anti climatic like it still M&B 1.

After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, If they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

1.6.2 - Spear bracing, with troop trees reorganized to make it fit in well as a mechanic.

1.6.3 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

1.6.4 - Minor Faction bases. These were shown in the 2016 demo, and looked kind of like bandit hideouts for minor factions. It would be good if minor factions had a permanent location to hire their own troops and for the player to make contact with them.

1.6.5 - Feasts. The ability for nobles and the player to hold feasts during peacetime, which raise Influence, increase relations, and give you the opportunity to talk to lots of nobles at the same time, along with the immersion benefits. Was in Warband.

1.6.6 - Deserter enemies (military-grade bandits) spawned from low morale parties, Manhunters that spawn in areas of high bandit activity and have a recruitable troop tree focused on blunt weapons, training peasant women into Sword Sisters, Book Merchants who sell skillbooks, Hitmen/Belligerent Drunks who attack you in settlements, all of which were in Warband.

1.6.7 - Lord Duels. The dialogue option to insult a noble and start a duel, or Lords who dislike you occasionally challenging you to a duel. This would return the Denounce Lord/Defend Honor quests from Warband.

1.6.8 - Pre-battle army placement in field battles.

1.6.9 - Criminal Enterprise: TW has mentioned this in the past and still advertises "make a Criminal Empire!" on the Steam store page, but we have still not seen them. In theory, you can take over alleys from gangs to start a "criminal enterprise" of your own there (black market?) which works just like a workshop, but with much higher profit, at the cost of raising your criminal rating, and having to fight off other gangs every now and then (implemented).
With this feature, alleys would finally have a purpose.

1.7 - Secessions/Civil Wars: The larger a kingdom gets and the more vassals it has, the more likely one of its AI vassals is (if they have low relations with the ruler, are different culture, or are devious) to try and convince other AI vassals to secede with their fiefs, starting a civil war.
Warband had civil wars, though the player had to kick them off. If TW had time to add AI-driven secession, it would give the player an endless source of enemies in the end-game (making the dynastic mechanics relevant), and solve the problem of faction imbalance and boring diplomacy in the late-game, by reintroducing defeated cultures as breakaway factions.

That would be all the major features I'd want. Obviously the game's existing features would still need improving, but the content base would have succeeded in delivering on TW's feature promises and making a great sequel to Warband.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom