Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't it's a big market for them.
But wasn't there a feeling around here before, after mexx showed some ideas rejected at meetings, things were being kept mechanically less complex, FOR that very planned expansion beyond PC market, then mods were for PC complexity?

At some point they're going to have to implement the functionality of assigning your companions to lead different sections of your army. I'm looking forward to that because it will improve the performance of the troops and give us a reason to recruit martial companions, as well as add value to family, spouces...etc.
Wasn't Martials and other hierarchy roles like that in Warband too if im not mistaken? I agree and it should really look like - Clan hierarchy, determined by renown like it is now, then they could add within the existing "Clan Role" menu, more hierarchical relevant roles like council members, similar to other games in genre like Totalwar Three kingdoms. The more I wrote that though the more I guess it sounded like a job for modders.That kind of ties into one of the other issues I have that is really effecting everyones immersion.
I will keep trying to find funny ways to "invite" the player to visit the different scenes of Calradia :wink:
Thanks to the great @Terco_Viejo for this spot-on concept image, why there is not more cinematic, fullscreen events like this is really upsetting. I know the topic of king & vassal gameplay and being able to hold/attend court is already well discussed but I just had to state, I would count giving the game a one-time "cinematic pass" as a huge feature.

I think i even saw Callum mention they will add more mini event animations to things like weddings, but it would be more like a large notification using the current mini-animation window that's used for executions. I will take that at this point, but i hope modders can replace these with full scenes like the court image above.

Lastly, and maybe I am being too fanciful here, maybe you've all seen Bannerlord is supposed to be working fairly close with Nvidia being one of the first games integrated with Nvidias "Omniverse Machinima" which basically enables the creaton of in-engine cinematic cut-scene creation using game assets. Maybe we will see the ability to integrate these into the game code for generic events, now THAT is what I call a feature!

Gosh watching those again does stir the excitement. @Callum any chance you could shed any light on possible official "Omniverse Machinima" integration being used within the game, perhaps for in-game events? Please, manage my expectations quickly!

Y'all think after beta they'll still work on the game? Like adding new features that most of us suggested?
Third-party DLCs would add those. But it's possible that game mechanics from the DLCs may be patched into vanilla Bannerlord.
I think they will leave a skeleton crew to maintain Bannerlord with fixes, tweaks and small additions. If they had big post-release plans for Bannerlord, they would have said that, so far it's just the generic "we'll support it in an unspecified way".
But wasn't there a feeling around here before, after mexx showed some ideas rejected at meetings, things were being kept mechanically less complex, FOR that very planned expansion beyond PC market, then mods were for PC complexity?
Yes, but the size of their expectations is not related to the limitations on performance, they still have to make sure it runs on consoles (even if they are expecting to sell one copy), and maybe more importantly, low-end PCs, which should be more important for them. So maybe Mex mentioned consoles because he was frustrated with his bosses, but optimization also affects PCs,
For comparison between PC and console players, I have only Warband forum activity to gauge the difference in players.
Here's consoles: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/console-plaza-console-discussion.421/ (11 FAQ pages in 5 years)
And SP only: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-warlords-den-singleplayer.162/ (240 FAQ pages in 10 years)
(it's imperfect since SP includes consolers)

Or to put it in another way, if your major selling point is mods, then your real customers are the Master Race.

Last edited:
mexxico clarified this one, saying that they managed to improve calculation without dumbing down the AI.
check here
I think i even saw Callum mention they will add more mini event animations to things like weddings, but it would be more like a large notification using the current mini-animation window that's used for executions. I will take that at this point, but i hope modders can replace these with full scenes like the court image above.
TW will probably add more by using the same kind of animation that is used for the intro video.
check here

Wasn't Martials and other hierarchy roles like that in Warband too if im not mistaken? I agree and it should really look like - Clan hierarchy, determined by renown like it is now, then they could add within the existing "Clan Role" menu, more hierarchical relevant roles like council members, similar to other games in genre like Totalwar Three kingdoms. The more I wrote that though the more I guess it sounded like a job for modders.That kind of ties into one of the other issues I have that is really effecting everyones immersion.

Thanks to the great @Terco_Viejo for this spot-on concept image, why there is not more cinematic, fullscreen events like this is really upsetting. I know the topic of king & vassal gameplay and being able to hold/attend court is already well discussed but I just had to state, I would count giving the game a one-time "cinematic pass" as a huge feature.

Lastly, and maybe I am being too fanciful here, maybe you've all seen Bannerlord is supposed to be working fairly close with Nvidia being one of the first games integrated with Nvidias "Omniverse Machinima" which basically enables the creaton of in-engine cinematic cut-scene creation using game assets. Maybe we will see the ability to integrate these into the game code for generic events, now THAT is what I call a feature!

Gosh watching those again does stir the excitement. @Callum any chance you could shed any light on possible official "Omniverse Machinima" integration being used within the game, perhaps for in-game events? Please, manage my expectations quickly!

I only played about 5 minutes of vanilla warband before discovering Viking Conquest, so I can't really say what was in vanilla.

In Vc you could recruit martial lords but couldn't assign them to command your infantry, cav..... From what I understand, once you can they're skills will effect troops under their command, so having a companion with high riding skill will improve the riding skill of the troops hes commanding.

It should be a game changer because now people will have a reason to recruit/develop companions and spouses for the sole purpose of them being Battlefield commanders.

We will continue to support the game for years to come.

giphy.gif

That's good - so I assume this also means there will be expansions for years to come?
Not only expansions, but also free DLCs, cloth maps of Calradia, replica menavlions, discounts on Turkish baths (happy ending massages not included) and many other freebies obviously synonymous with "support of the game".

giphy.gif

It certainly would have been humorous... I guess it's too late now and it's lost the ephemeral funnyness that the meme is supposed to have :iamamoron: .
This is what I thought... it was quite late yesterday even considering my little time advantage over Espana. I know it is not the level of your mastery and high Love™ standards but still couldn't resist the temptation... :iamamoron:

ESO9Q.jpg

Bannerlord should have a workable Court system and Senate etc .. but they are not required before the game is officially released. The game is a simple strategic game for young players. If you want depth, like me, we'll have to wait for MODS .

This is what I thought... it was quite late yesterday even considering my little time advantage over Espana. I know it is not the level of your mastery and high Love™ standards but still couldn't resist the temptation... :iamamoron:

ESO9Q.jpg
It has enough homoerotic quality to be to Vader's liking :lol: :iamamoron: ?.

mexxico clarified this one, saying that they managed to improve calculation without dumbing down the AI.
check here

TW will probably add more by using the same kind of animation that is used for the intro video.
check here
Thanks for referencing the links to what I was talking about Spinoz, although @MRay stated that new events animation system will be using the current execution animation window, not the intro video style.

"it will use the same system as executions in the party screen. We hope to share more on this soon™"

Whilst that will be a great step in a much needed direction and will be hugely appreciated, im afraid it could pale in comparison, considering what you suggested having the "intro video" quality, or perhaps even "omniverse Machinima". Would love to know if that actually possible.
That's good - so I assume this also means there will be expansions for years to come?
I also just watched this interview from 2019 before beta with callum where he said its somewhat feature complete, ofc things can change over 2 years but quite interesting. The Elephant leak does also make me happy to know they are indeed working on stuff we still have no idea about that could come soon.

Wait a minute.....What if....hear me out fellas.... Implementing Elephants properly into the base game is the big issue holding up implementing banners?!?!

I'm still waiating for banners to be properly implemented and I hope they do it soon as the banner mods are not being supported anymore.

b5f6ea51fd3326e6a001b73f9f90795c.jpg
I recently decided to only play early game, nothing above mercenary level.
Mainly because vassal and king level seem to need more balancing and improvement.
And also because major features are still missing, hence banner feature.
Though I have no clue about what system is behind this, what kind of impact it will have on game experience...
Will we be able to collect banners after winning a battle for some additional prestige?... Or is it just about better recognition on the battlefield (morale effect)...

Whilst that will be a great step in a much needed direction and will be hugely appreciated, im afraid it could pale in comparison, considering what you suggested having the "intro video" quality, or perhaps even "omniverse Machinima". Would love to know if that actually possible.
I actually think the way we're implementing is so much better than a pre-rendered video. With this, you'll actually see your own clan members, friends in the world(high relation) in the audience and your own wife/husband next to you in the scene.

Back
Top Bottom