Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rubinsaw

Regular
Returned to following Bannerlord more closely again recently and it's good to see they made some performance increases in 1.6. However I still feel that since beta start though, there has not been enough focus on implementing actual new gameplay "features & mechanics".

I have seen it stated TW main priority is stability and performance and I fully understand the urgent nature of those but all that aside, without a long-term roadmap, we don't actually know what new "features" are coming until they are announced. Why? Is the current strategy *keep adding stuff as you go" before x deadline and we ship the game? Is it a time issue? Are mods seen internally as being the meat on the bones in terms of content and things to do outside of the current battle loop?

I also don't feel "managing false expectations" is a healthy reason to withhold what new features TW plans to implement by final release. No matter how upsetting, 95% of normal minded players can take it if every single feature doesn't make the final 1.0 release, we know this game is being designed as a mod platform and clarity or more hints and teases on what is in the pipleline would be great. Can't we be teased a little?

The sceners & model creators seem to be one of the best teams in TW, making fantastic villages and visually pleasing map so I have confidence the upcoming position based battle maps will be a great addition. Then I assume keep battles will be added in afterwards, then finally the undisclosed feature that has been stopping the addition of banners up to this point.

Beyond that Is there any plan to implement more new features or perhaps highly requested player ones? Maybe even integrate (with mod creator permission/help) the best current mods that should actually reasonably be in base game, into base game. I'm thinking one like RTS mod, refactoring the code if it is using any cheeky shortcuts etc.

Love this game so really hope there will be a big feature dump in future to flesh out the great work the simulation, graphics and scene creators have done.

If they plan to finish the game this year, then probably none
Reading all those devblogs from years ago where they had so much detail in though, It does give me some hope that they will speed up and add more stuff once the game is stable enough and they dont need to keep working on that side of it. Seems like that's what takes up most time rn

Returned to following Bannerlord more closely again recently and it's good to see they made some performance increases in 1.6. However I still feel that since beta start though, there has not been enough focus on implementing actual new gameplay "features & mechanics".

I have seen it stated TW main priority is stability and performance and I fully understand the urgent nature of those but all that aside, without a long-term roadmap, we don't actually know what new "features" are coming until they are announced. Why? Is the current strategy *keep adding stuff as you go" before x deadline and we ship the game? Is it a time issue? Are mods seen internally as being the meat on the bones in terms of content and things to do outside of the current battle loop?

I also don't feel "managing false expectations" is a healthy reason to withhold what new features TW plans to implement by final release. No matter how upsetting, 95% of normal minded players can take it if every single feature doesn't make the final 1.0 release, we know this game is being designed as a mod platform and clarity or more hints and teases on what is in the pipleline would be great. Can't we be teased a little?

The sceners & model creators seem to be one of the best teams in TW, making fantastic villages and visually pleasing map so I have confidence the upcoming position based battle maps will be a great addition. Then I assume keep battles will be added in afterwards, then finally the undisclosed feature that has been stopping the addition of banners up to this point.

Beyond that Is there any plan to implement more new features or perhaps highly requested player ones? Maybe even integrate (with mod creator permission/help) the best current mods that should actually reasonably be in base game, into base game. I'm thinking one like RTS mod, refactoring the code if it is using any cheeky shortcuts etc.

Love this game so really hope there will be a big feature dump in future to flesh out the great work the simulation, graphics and scene creators have done.
with you on this and RTS Mod should be added to base game 100%

Next new big feature what I'm waiting for is pikemen to use pikes in formation... or all siege tower ladders are used.

Seriously, I think of a lot of great things TW could do, but they want to make Bannerlord run on Game Boy.
So our expectations are pretty low, I just wish they deliver a game with a better battle simulation on "release".

Bannerlord , if actually done well, could be one of those games people are still talking about in 15 or 20 years.
BUT that would require too much time and money. They will make a "decent" game and then leave it to the modders to make it really good.

So is this taking advantage of the community and the modders? Yes, it is.

Is it a really sad and cynical approach? Yes, it really is.

Are they still going to take this path? Yup, 100% they are. Because instead of being a true 'labour of love', Bannerlord really is all about the money. It's a TW cash-cow first... and a good game second. It should be the other way around.

But I do have faith that the modding community will indeed put things right. It's just sad that we are going to need them so much.

Last edited:
Bannerlord , if actually done well, could be one of those games people are still talking about in 15 or 20 years.
This is what is frustrating. This game reminds me of classic Dynasty Warriors Empires style game, but set in more western lore.
But I do have faith that the modding community will indeed put things right. It's just sad that we are going to need them so much.
Do you think it still can be that iconic top 20 played steam game with only modders work? I never played Warband this was my first game in the series, but videos of those grand scale mod like Prophecy of Pendor look insane but i hear they took ages. Especially the multiplayer, made me excited to think about bannerlord custom MP servers. So we will have to wait for 1 or 2 more years after release until massive mods like that or the one with ship combat brytenwalda comes to bannerlord?

Thats another point actually, ship combat that I have seen was in the previous games, is not yet in Bannerlord and I havnt seen anywhere they plan to add it.. So you can only use ships if you download Brytenwaldas mod? Doesn't seem right.

Well obviously one of the main thing still missing is the banner(lord) system....
Duh said many times that banners are part of a specific features...

Well obviously one of the main thing still missing is the banner(lord) system....
Duh said many times that banners are part of a specific features...
Yes that is one of the most egregious missing features, it's in the name of the game! I hope whatever the undisclosed feature they've said is holding up banners being put in, will blow us away, but i'm not sure what that could even be..

I also have to give special mention to your mod Mr Spino, i've said it before that the sceners seem to be some of TW most effective teams and I think what you are doing, creating new things to do in these lovely towns & places they made, should be given more attention.

I hope you will keep up your work on this and even expand on this concept in future outside of roguery type gameplay. Please keep going with this great start, it has much potential!

At some point they're going to have to implement the functionality of assigning your companions to lead different sections of your army. I'm looking forward to that because it will improve the performance of the troops and give us a reason to recruit martial companions, as well as add value to family, spouces...etc.

Once they finish seige ai, battle maps, keep battles, and the feature i just mentioned, I'll be pleased because combat will be completely transformed from Warband.

Do you think it still can be that iconic top 20 played steam game with only modders work? ...
So we will have to wait for 1 or 2 more years after release until massive mods like that or the one with ship combat brytenwalda comes to bannerlord?
Both are definite "yes".
It's not what Taleworlds deserves, but this is exactly what will happen.

let's just hope the game flops on console
They won't care much, I don't it's a big market for them.
My hope for karmic justice is for their next game. People who saw what happened with Bannerlord won't rush to throw their money at Taleworlds on trust. And seeing they have serious problems developing games, it's likely their next game will be a late, unfinished mess too.

Yes that is one of the most egregious missing features, it's in the name of the game! I hope whatever the undisclosed feature they've said is holding up banners being put in, will blow us away, but i'm not sure what that could even be..

I also have to give special mention to your mod Mr Spino, i've said it before that the sceners seem to be some of TW most effective teams and I think what you are doing, creating new things to do in these lovely towns & places they made, should be given more attention.

I hope you will keep up your work on this and even expand on this concept in future outside of roguery type gameplay. Please keep going with this great start, it has much potential!

Thanks for this kind attention!
It is a clumsy attempt from my side, to learn a little about coding and modding... I'm really limited by my lack of knowledge/skills but I will keep trying to find funny ways to "invite" the player to visit the different scenes of Calradia :wink:
BUT that would require too much time and money. They will make a "decent" game and then leave it to the modders to make it really good.

So is this taking advantage of the community and the modders? Yes, it is.

Is it a really sad and cynical approach? Yes, it really is.

Are they still going to take this path? Yup, 100% they are. Because instead of being a true 'labour of love', Bannerlord really is all about the money. It's a TW cash-cow first... and a good game second. It should be the other way around.

I personnaly don't understand and don't agree with the idea of "TW is making money because of modders".
I started with 156 and enjoyed every hours played on it, unmodded. No need to say that the gaming experience has improved since then...
Yes it is TW that receives money, but it is TW that had to bear all the initial investments and risks... It is a private company that needs to ensure its business. Let's just hope they don't finish to be too eager (release of DLC's with poor contents, etc...).
Modding is just about sharing...

Back
Top Bottom