Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Fantasy League

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Normal Tournament

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello.

I was thinking of hosting a Nation's Cup but have received very mixed responses to the idea. Some hate it while others really want one. So just dropping this poll to see what people actually want to play. You can vote for all of them if you don't mind.

fyi winning the poll doesn't automatically assume I will do that one, so if Fantasy has like 10% more than NC I will probably just host an NC anyway.

Please also write opinions below so I can read them to take them into account and hopefully there will be drama by page 2.

Personally I think a Fantasy league would be ideal. It gives everyone a chance to play where a NC is mostly just for the best of players and some of the community miss out. A fantasy league would be great to involve everyone and get to mix around with the community so people can play with others.

I'd like a fantasy or scramble league because if it was a Nations Cup I don't think Ireland (where i'm from) would have enough players, at least that I know of. And like was mentioned above the pro players would get into teams while the less pro players would have to watch.

We talked through the Matchmaking battle, Nations Cup will only be doable if you allowed a ****ton of alliances, Italy has some layers but I don't trust them with activity.. Potesty you are not stupid and with other 2 smart guys doing a scramble league would be fun, with players based on tiers and yada yada

Imagine being Irish and wanting to host an NC
Strongest squad to ever grace this game.

On a serious note, fantasy/scramble league is the best choice out of the four for the community in its current state. As aforementioned by others, it gets all kinds and calibre of players involved. You anti-social ****s also get to talk to people outside of your malformed social circles. And the bidding stream and prices get to feed or crush all of our deprived egos that drastically need nurturing before if ever, we decide to stop playing this game. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Potesty you are not stupid and with other 2 smart guys doing a scramble league would be fun, with players based on tiers and yada yada
So definitely not with u xdd

@AnFhile
About the format, if u decide to host NC u can already name it Turkish Cup cuz they are only one nation in this game who can field more than 6 players rn i suppose. But its still better idea than playing another fantasy which is just boring. Maybe u can host it in 6v6 anyway. Instead of making that poll u should ask people who were captains in last NC or team captains from past tournaments if they can gather people up for it. Just host normal tournament or nc.

Last edited:
NC doesn't work, not enough active players to do it properly where u can involve more of the community by having divisions and multiple teams per nation and shutting out half the community at this stage is pointless.
Fantasy league over scramble league because scramble just has people leaving because they don't like their team (yes this happens in fantasy but not to the same degree) and warband players are too anti social for it. At least in fantasy they can have a good chance of being in a team with a friend (ooo warband friend!)
So i guess best thing is either normal league or fantasy and idc which. (Either that or make up a new format)

If you really wanna host tournament, host normal 8v8 WNL or something like that.Half of the players won't even turn up for Fantasy League after they see how much they got paid for + finding captains will be hard.

DO NOT MAKE A FANTASY LEAGUE

If you really wanna host tournament, host normal 8v8 WNL or something like that.Half of the players won't even turn up for Fantasy League after they see how much they got paid for + finding captains will be hard.

DO NOT MAKE A FANTASY LEAGUE
Don't think people are up for another clan tourney. The last tourney wasn't even finished properly. No awards nor even a single thread or post.

fantasy league :poop:

Had this discussion numerous times; fantasy leagues are tried and tested and have countlessly failed even with a much larger player base, I doubt it would even finish this time around. If you're wanting a tournament which just sticks players in teams, then for sure scramble is the better choice because people will just play rather than sign up to see how much their ego gets boosted or slapped.

Had this discussion numerous times; fantasy leagues are tried and tested and have countlessly failed even with a much larger player base, I doubt it would even finish this time around. If you're wanting a tournament which just sticks players in teams, then for sure scramble is the better choice because people will just play rather than sign up to see how much their ego gets boosted or slapped.
I dont think it will be good idea since ppl cant stand with ppl who they dont like xd

Had this discussion numerous times; fantasy leagues are tried and tested and have countlessly failed even with a much larger player base, I doubt it would even finish this time around.
wdym, the last one was great, and was finished although there were some default wins.
Almost all the teams were well balanced, first 2 weeks matches scores were mostly like 7-9, 9-8, 8-8, later on they began to differ more and more, either due to morale drop in teams, or just other teams improving.

It should probably be Fantasy League, as others pointed out why NC cant work, and Scramble League is gonna be just embodiment of Fantasy League bad traits (people leaving cause they dont wanna play). Normal 8vs8 tournament feels too repetetive with people playing in same teams and same teams winning/dominating others. Also because of the shrinking playerbase it keeps getting harder to balance out the teams and divisions.

wdym, the last one was great, and was finished although there were some default wins.
Almost all the teams were well balanced, first 2 weeks matches scores were mostly like 7-9, 9-8, 8-8, later on they began to differ more and more, either due to morale drop in teams, or just other teams improving.

It should probably be Fantasy League, as others pointed out why NC cant work, and Scramble League is gonna be just embodiment of Fantasy League bad traits (people leaving cause they dont wanna play). Normal 8vs8 tournament feels too repetetive with people playing in same teams and same teams winning/dominating others. Also because of the shrinking playerbase it keeps getting harder to balance out the teams and divisions.
Fully agree, it was a very organised and balanced and was alot of fun to play in. Another one made just like that would smash imo.

When I said in game that you should make a tourny Potesty I said it with the aforethought that you'd actually take a logically approach towards it. But a NC would be the worst tournament format you could go with. A fantasy league would probably fail, but based on current votes it seems what most people want. (if you get a fantasy league going please make sure you ask certain people beforehand on steam if they're up for being captain, rather than just starting the tourny and pray enough captains will signup).
Also, the most obvious option is left out, which is a regular 6v6 tournament. More teams would form and It's just the better format right now considering there's hardly any players.

Also, the most obvious option is left out, which is a regular 6v6 tournament. More teams would form and It's just the better format right now considering there's hardly any players.

I didn't mention 6v6(not even for NC) as I feel that format just makes archers even more OP than they already are and I personally have never enjoyed playing it.

From everything I've read so far I think an 8v8 normal tournament is the best bet as a Scramble League is literally every issue with a Fantasy League x10 and Fantasy Leagues are mostly just people picking their friends anyway (with the odd different player or two). And if people lose interest in a regular tournament I don't really see how they will keep interest in other formats. Also I feel most tournaments these days are fantasy and something different will be fun.

So yeah I'm thinking of a normal 8v8 WNL type tournament based on the poll and what people have said in this thread, if you want to sway this decision just flame me below as to why dumb and wrong.

Back
Top Bottom