News Multiplayer campaign: New Gamemode. What is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

brytmultipromo2.jpg

Well, next multiplayer campaign will have a new gamemode called Warlords

The idea is that players are able be lords with their armies (they can choose be elite troops without troops too), in a type of game where they lead their troops.

In the testing we have done, with the invaluable help of clan Tercio, we saw that the land, the type of troops we choose, the money we have to invest in them were very important factors. But the tactics of each team were most important for winner in the battle.

For example, in one case, one team (Team 1) use one of their lords (with his troops) to attract the attention of the enemy (Team 2, consisting of 2 lords with their troops and other player with a champion).
While the lure attracted the enemy player, the rest of Team 1, used to flank and attack the enemy's rear, won the battle.

In other cases, the players took to hide their cavalry behind hills, as they advanced with the infantry into a defensive position, making the enemy believe that they were outnumbered and suspicious for combat. When the enemy advanced on them, confident of victory, received a cavalry charge from the rear.

Cases like these, with the most varied strategies, it happened in the days of testing.

thump_4687921shieldwall2.jpg

It's time to go re-read your book of sun tzu.

For some basic information about both types of player troops can choose, I post here game panel about this gamemode:

How does the gamemode Warlords Battle work?

1. If you are lord, then in the inventory menu you can choose the type of troop command you'd like. If you have more money than usual it's because you need to pay your troops.
What does this mean? That all the money you don't spend on buying equipment will be used for wages to battlefield troops (more money = more troops).

Each basic troop normally costs 150 coins, but if a unit is powerful, it costs +100 coins. And if a unit has horse +50 coins. Keep this in mind when designing your army. Do you prefer quantity over quality? .

2. If you are an elite troop no need to worry about recruiting troops, spend all your money equipping the best gear; you have to be a battle champion, someone important, so your performance in battle is essential.
Killing, healing allied troops, exploring the territory, taking orders from lords, is all crucial. Also, if the lords fall, the task of leading the troops will fall upon you.

Too, you can choose be a dena captain (and lead dena pirates), a Frank Mercenary Lord (with your franks warriors), or lead scoti invasors, Frisian mercenaries, or cantabrian veteran soldiers.

Logo.png

:shock: Multiplayer!  This is a pleasant surprise coming back to the forums to see multplayer was added.  Warlords sounds great, I can't wait to play it.

excuse me, did I get it right? you can either lead a bots warband while your other allies are leading other warbands, or just playing a hero with no command, against an enemy army of bots also led by human players either as warlords or as heros? with up to 900 combatants?

was it possible before, in any other mod? then I did not know.
and it appears here just so, with no shine, no applauses, almost no answers? damn, this is a revolution.  :shock:

God, give me time to play this one. Please.

Beron said:
excuse me, did I get it right? you can either lead a bots warband while your other allies are leading other warbands, or just playing a hero with no command, against an enemy army of bots also led by human players either as warlords or as heros? with up to 900 combatants?

was it possible before, in any other mod? then I did not know.
and it appears here just so, with no shine, no applauses, almost no answers? damn, this is a revolution.  :shock:

God, give me time to play this one. Please.

idea is try something similar to single battles, with players like lords command their armies  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom