News for the Mount&Blade modding scene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
There are some good news for us modders that surely may want to know:

Accepted:
tick.png
The next TaleWorlds game will include further race skeletons and animations system.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2431

tick.png
The DesuraNet Team (makers of Indie DB and Mod DB) confirmed me is working together with TaleWorlds for adding Mount&Blade to their new content distribution plaform, Desura. With automatic module installations, auto-updating, hosting and full support for us. All for free.

tick.png
Distribute the uncompiled shaders.
Someone said better water, yet-again next generation graphics? Animated stuff? Scion and mtarini did it in the original game. We should be able to do it in Warband.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3443

Stuff that needs to be done & confirmed:

xmark.png
Placeholder Ground Materials.
What if we could have a more dense terrain palette without replacing existing mats? That can be done. And very easily. By adding a pair of lines.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3355

tick.png
The next TaleWorlds game should have copy > paste functionalities to the in-game editor. It's a great step forward in that subject.
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3457

Let me know if you want to add sth to the list I've forgotten.  :wink:

Adorno said:
To me the phrase "your suggestion is noted for our future projects" doesn't necessarily imply it will actually be done.
I've saw Daegoth in other bugtracker's posts. And if they aren't going to add it. They simply and directly don't reply. Is the standard procedure.
Trust me.

MadocComadrin said:
I'm with Adorno on this one; that statement screams "We'll see, if we have time," not "sure, we'll add it."

Okay. moved to the 'maybe' zone, Are you happy now? :smile:  What about the rest of stuff? Opinions? Something? Unexpected? Boring?
I found your lack of comments disturbing -_-

You know, with my own recent experiences on the Bug Tracker and from some of the comments made, I'll be surprised if we get any more patches for Warband that add much in the way of features.  If we do get any more I suspect they will be bug fixes mostly.  I think they are going to be concentrating on adding new features to Warband 2 instead of attempting to add more to Warband.  Pure speculation on my part for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And some emotes.  Being able to use sword salute as a duel signal in multi-player would be neat.  Also would be neat in single player if NPCs did it, and I'm sure there are RPers that would like something like that.

Hatonastick said:
And some emotes.  Being able to use sword salute as a duel signal in multi-player would be neat.  Also would be neat in single player if NPCs did it, and I'm sure there are RPers that would like something like that.

that is moddable, just add a new animation and a simple code in mission templates to make a key play that animation.

Yup, I know mate.  I just don't want to do it myself.  Got enough on my plate already (at least a solid years worth of modding to go). :wink:

Edit: One thing I would have liked to see added to the current Warband and something I've never understood why it is absent, is the ability to despawn items, props, agent corpses (obviously alive agents are removable) and the like.

I think copy and paste for the editor is loooooooooooong overdue  :shock:

Can't wait to see what they come up with for M&B2. As long as they stick with their current philosophy of making the game highly modifiable, they have me as a repeat customer.

Only thing I can think of asking for is a working z axis on the world map.  Currently, anything you put higher than ground level defaults to ground level unless you use some icon model trickery.

Some quick bump and a fairly cool update: All the Mount&Blade Series are currently being shipped in Desura! At last.

You don't need to buy the game again. Basically, you install the Desura client, it detects your installation and it lets you download and install automatically every mod you want with a click. In the Steam's fashion.

Also, it updates them automatically and makes the modder's work easier. Even more, has seamless integration with ModDB and IndieDB.
Get it here, nao: www.desura.com

This is a new stage for both modders, publishers and players!
:smile:

Even more, the TW developers finally accepted another suggestion, this time releasing the uncompiled shaders of the game.
You can find more info in the bugtracker.

Back
Top Bottom