or
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxj34_tFq3g

17330938420130904143800034.jpg

1733093842013090414374208.jpg

17330938420130904143553093.jpg

17330938420130904143910062.jpg

17330938420130904143838043.jpg

1733093842013090414381704.jpg

As can be seen from the video and screenshots above, the game is copying the game mode of M&B, even using the same skeleton animation and similar maps.

Tips: Tencent is one of the biggest IT company in china and has been notorious for copying other software and ideas. Actually, their core product qq is a copy, more precisely, a refined version of MSN.

Actually, I'm wondering what armagon will do with more m&b-like games in the market, like chivalry and the war of roses(but not this one, another Tencent's inferior copy). After all, these games post threat to the position of m&b,especially when players have used to what the current version of m&b can provide.

So, in a word, and with all due respect, can we have sth new about M&B2?

Their graphics looks like models from pretty much each MMO of the same theme and setting. I actually wouldn't have anything against it, if not all that hype that screams from each corner. You almost expect the anime-ish panda jumping through the screen after you achieve fifth kill.

actually it is a threat.. IF this is the dynasty warriors game. lol best game ever all I remember as a kid
chinaman with sword = dynasty warrior

Not really an issue to be honest. It looks unique enough, and atleast it is not a clear copy with similar factions. Besides, there are loads of games creators that could claim M&B is a copy. Let's face it, this kind of idea has been popular for some time.

Have you not read ANY part of the thread? We are not complaining that they are similar, the issue is that they stole map designs, hell the arena one even has the same inner walls, trap doors at the same places.

I don't like Japanese games, and this one looks like it.

I had a time when I was 15-19, where I liked Samurai and Katanas and Wakizashi and Samurai Plate Armor and all that, but the Japanese Dev's have taken games overboard - shiny, overloaded from Information (tons of textbars, numbers flying, and so on), just too fast and arcade.

I turn off many infos in Warband as well, like unit banners and damage info and hit difficulty, even these few infos are too much for me if they flash constantly.

Graphics seem to be 25% improved, not much. And the model textures seem the same quality.

The engine and background meshes are stolen, as you can see at the "castle storming" sequence; anims are also almost 100% identical, the guy with the sword looks like those ludicrous FinalFantasy chars (Cloud was his name?) with his 1/2 ton steel sword, which he wields like butter knife.

Back to the topic: Chinese + Jap sre nown for stealing any idea that is not "protected" enough, and they even steal ideas from Apple and other big ones on a daily basis.
It is stolen content - text above units, lance holding and riding + riders animations, health bar placement, castle siege, arena stuff - all stolen content.

I'm suprised that they didn't do it sooner, but oh well, I guess M&B is not popular enough to general public to be stolen sooner :roll:
They have stolen Facebook, Y!m, twitter, youtube, Amazon, Ebay; supressed Google and Microsoft to "protect" their clones of search engine, video sharing site and games, cloning and copying everything, etc.
M&B is not really an exceptional case here.

Ehh, it's like saying Medal of honor copied Wolfenstein. It's just the same genre, you can't just copyright the entire genre. Good things that Taleworlds stepped out and created new one. And then we have War of the roses, it's not mount&blade, but it's the same genre.

And about the game: if there aren't repeating crossbows, flamethrowers and rockets, it's just pointless.

That game has nothing on MB, it looks so unreal and doesnt generate the same feeling of immersion that MB does.

damn the arena one of the siege maps that cant come to my mind.... One thing I got to say is I dont really like the feel to the game.... It feels....like it should be mroe simple. But hey thats just me. Probobally warbands most strongest aspect is its community. I have found nothing like it. It is so strong. I have 532 hours. I know many players that play on some of the servers I like going on and all of them have almost the same as me if not more. Hell JackieChan has 3000 hours. It is amazing how great the community is and how much fun you can have with the people. There is not many six year olds in warband, like in Team fortress 2 or lets say Call of duty

Mr_hankie_elite said:
damn the arena one of the siege maps that cant come to my mind.... One thing I got to say is I dont really like the feel to the game.... It feels....like it should be mroe simple. But hey thats just me. Probobally warbands most strongest aspect is its community. I have found nothing like it. It is so strong. I have 532 hours. I know many players that play on some of the servers I like going on and all of them have almost the same as me if not more. Hell JackieChan has 3000 hours. It is amazing how great the community is and how much fun you can have with the people. There is not many six year olds in warband, like in Team fortress 2 or lets say Call of duty

There are, but they are wise beyond their years.

Mr_hankie_elite said:

Shhh keep the children out of this, simply talking about them or even a peep may make us prey of the unknown evil they posses....

Back
Top Bottom