News 1.391 Multiplayer Addon Pack. Screenshots and surprisses

Users who are viewing this thread

F.F.C._fritz said:
This will be a worthy rival to Vikingr.  :shock:
I'm looking forward to play it, I'd love to see all those beautiful high medieval stuff without bloody lagging.

No, there are no rivals. It is rather a supplement with Vikingr. You can play multiplayer all the years of Dark Ages, with Brytenwalda since  Athur times until near viking times arrive, and with Vikingr: since Vikings invasion until  Norman arrive.

Idibil said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
I'm looking forward to play it, I'd love to see all those beautiful high medieval stuff without bloody lagging.

No, there are no rivals. It is rather a supplement with Vikingr. You can play multiplayer all the years of Dark Ages, with Brytenwalda since  Athur times until near viking times arrive, and with Vikingr: since Vikings invasion until  Norman arrive.

Just a way of saying because of the grim shieldwall based combat both the mods focus on. I'll be happy to play both the mods, of course.  :wink:

F.F.C._fritz said:
High medieval? This is early Medieval - or Dark Age.
I have been very careful in choosing/making the scenes for multiplayer (MP) so that there should be no lag.
Some scenes in single player are very big and players have reported lag, so they have not been converted to MP.

I appreciate any feedback on performance when we launch  :smile:

Adorno said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
High medieval? This is early Medieval - or Dark Age.

Got your point, I used the wrong expression. It is just for a matter of different definitions used by different countries, I didn't know it differed in english  :grin:
In Italy we use to say high middle ages (alto medioevo) for 476-1000 (ca.), central middle ages for 1000-1348 and low middle ages for 1349-1492. Also we call "modern" the early modern history and "contemporary" the later modern history.

Adorno said:
I have been very careful in choosing/making the scenes for multiplayer (MP) so that there should be no lag.
Some scenes in single player are very big and players have reported lag, so they have not been converted to MP.

I appreciate any feedback on performance when we launch  :smile:

Don't worry about lagging issues, I was referring to my own performances. In Bryt's big battles, with full details (even without the HDR) my pc lags due to performance issues because of the great number of combatants. In MP a battle with 50 people is kinda rare, go figure a battle with 150 (that's why I shouldn't have problems :grin:)

Oh okay. Actually in England historians are also now using the term early Middle Ages about what used to be the Dark Ages.
So you expressed yourself correctly  :smile:

About performance: I'm taking no chances. The scenes must run perfectly.
(I have a high end PC and never have lag with max graphic settings, so I rely much on feedback from players.
Although most of the lag in large battles is the highly detailed armours and weapons and less the scene itself).

Back
Top Bottom