News 1.391 Multiplayer Addon Pack. Screenshots and surprisses

Users who are viewing this thread

BRYTENWALDA TEAM present...

You have long fought for supremacy in Britannia and Hibernia.

You have fought against the best warriors ... you can still feel the scar on your back caused by King Penda's axe, or the scar that crosses your thigh caused by Brytenwalda Oswald's shamelessly short sword, or the scar hiding by your hair caused by the spear of the son of Cadwallon.

You are strong, you know, but new challenges await. Men and women as hard as you, who have won the laurels of victory and want to meet new battlefields.

Here it is, multiplayer comes ...  Are you ready to experience the most ferocious war?

Autor pictures: Adorno

the horn sounds ... you're calling the war

Holy guacamole, this looks spectacular. I'm truly going to enjoy lopping off some heads in this setting.  :twisted:

thecalaquendi said:
Will the special attacks work? Like hitting from behind doing more damage? Or the falling when walking backwards?
Without revealing too much: yes.
I have tried to talk Idibil out of implementing 'falling when walking backwards', but in the end it's his decision.
Sorry, Idibil, I just hate it.  :smile:

Adorno said:
thecalaquendi said:
Will the special attacks work? Like hitting from behind doing more damage? Or the falling when walking backwards?
Without revealing too much: yes.
I have tried to talk Idibil out of implementing 'falling when walking backwards', but in the end it's his decision.
Sorry, Idibil, I just hate it.  :smile:

I second this even though I won't be playing MP. (Just can't stand MP in general) But the whole falling backwards is a bit annoying especially when it happens 3, 5, 10 or more times in a single battle. :grin:

You can avoid falling backwards by holding down the walk button (default is shift, you can map zoom to another key if you like leaving it only for walking). Seems realistic, implying you're taking your time and being careful while moving backwards carrying all those weapons and heavy equipment. Makes sense, but I can understand why people might be impatient with it. But again, you can avoid it completely by walking instead of trying to backpeddle like an nfl defensive back.  :razz:

The thing is you fall when pressing S key shortly, which equals taking a step (or few steps) back.
And that's something practically all warriors do in battle - is it not a normal part of all combat?
It's ridiculous to fall for making a simple evasive maneuver.

And when you don't fall while backpeddling for hundreds of meters the whole thing becomes silly. 

Dooz said:
You can avoid falling backwards by holding down the walk button (default is shift, you can map zoom to another key if you like leaving it only for walking). Seems realistic, implying you're taking your time and being careful while moving backwards carrying all those weapons and heavy equipment. Makes sense, but I can understand why people might be impatient with it. But again, you can avoid it completely by walking instead of trying to backpeddle like an nfl defensive back.  :razz:

True, but you can also find yourself overwhelmed quickly by walking backwards. But like I said, I don't really mind the feature I just don't like how often it happens during a single fight. I kind of like to think my veteran warrior who has fought in countless battles already knows how to move backwards while fending off attacks by now, without worrying that grass leaf will trip him up :wink:. Now if it raining or something during the fight then yeah, I would expect a higher increase in falling backwards - but - during the day, in the sun, on a flat open battlefield? Hm, not so much so then. :grin:

Also what Adorno said. The randomness is crazy. You could walk/run backwards and not suffer any sort of fall. Next thing you know you fall down two or three times in a matter of steps.

Initialy, like Adorno said, you have speacil hits (attack by behind by example) in multiplayer, but we havent add walk backwards (I like it, but I know that lot of players no. However, it was implement for advoid kill AI too easily in single player, in multiplayer you fight vs other player)

Back
Top Bottom