Newer rig, low FPS!

Users who are viewing this thread

I started playing again to get in the mood for Bannerlord and I find the perormance is really terrible on my fairly recent rig:

Windows 10
Ryzen 5 2600X
16Gb DDR4-3200
GTX 1060 6Gb
A couple SSDs

And on the larger battles, even with the battle size limited to 200, sometimes I get really awful stuttering, low FPS and just horrible performance. I pulled up MSI Afterburner for some more info, and it does appear like the memory and GPU clocks on my video card simply go NUTS while I'm having these problems. One moment they're full speed, the next they look like I'm on desktop idling, and so on, back and forth and everything in-between.

I have set "Maximum performance" in the nVidia CP profile for the game.

Also, I've noticed that even when there are no visible issues, my GPU utilization never goes above 25% or so. The clocks are at normal "boost" clocks, but the GPU only goes to about 25%, 26% and that's it. So at some points I'm getting frame drops with my GPU at 26% load... Sigh.

No other game has done this to my video card, so it's not my hardware!

Anyone have any ideas? TaleWorlds, do you need to put out an update for the Ryzen architecture?

Thanks for reading (and HELPING if anyone's got anything?)

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
The large battles are bottlenecked on the CPU due to some really silly inefficient code and the hit detection. There isn't much you can do about this.

Aw man, but I was sure that my i7 2600k (OC'ed to 4.2Ghz, but still, an older CPU) allowed me to do battles in the 300-400 size range. I think?

Horrux said:
I started playing again to get in the mood for Bannerlord and I find the perormance is really terrible on my fairly recent rig:

Windows 10
Ryzen 5 2600X
16Gb DDR4-3200
GTX 1060 6Gb
A couple SSDs

And on the larger battles, even with the battle size limited to 200, sometimes I get really awful stuttering, low FPS and just horrible performance. I pulled up MSI Afterburner for some more info, and it does appear like the memory and GPU clocks on my video card simply go NUTS while I'm having these problems. One moment they're full speed, the next they look like I'm on desktop idling, and so on, back and forth and everything in-between.

I have set "Maximum performance" in the nVidia CP profile for the game.

Also, I've noticed that even when there are no visible issues, my GPU utilization never goes above 25% or so. The clocks are at normal "boost" clocks, but the GPU only goes to about 25%, 26% and that's it. So at some points I'm getting frame drops with my GPU at 26% load... Sigh.

No other game has done this to my video card, so it's not my hardware!

Anyone have any ideas? TaleWorlds, do you need to put out an update for the Ryzen architecture?

Thanks for reading (and HELPING if anyone's got anything?)

Perhaps G-SYNC monitors will help.

Back
Top Bottom