New war laws need to be reformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fenix_120

Sergeant
This is directed towards the NA server, and Ill try to keep this short.

The law that says that you cannot slay someone who is not in faction clothing needs to be rethought-out or done away with.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people abusing this system, one time we were besieging a castle and a faction member(but not in faction clothing) of the one who we are attacking rides up, we tell her to go away and she says "you kill me ill report random!" and of course in the excitement that is melee combat she dies.

Second, people have actually started to CHANGE THEIR ARMOR into a neutral set when people besiege their castle just so that they can escape(which is actually fine by me) or worse attack us randomly(which is not fine by me).

I hear by propose two new rules to help counter this shame-full and honor-less behavior.

1: when a faction declares war all non faction members(be they in neutral armor or brigands) must immediately drop what they are doing and leave the castle otherwise they will be considered combatants.

2: All faction members must wear faction armor and shields at all times, if a war begins and a person kills a member of an enemy faction and he is not wearing heraldic armor and using a heraldic shield it will be considered randoming, non-heraldic armor and shields are to be for Commoners and Brigands only.

EDIT: I mean two to work both ways, if the faction member kills a non-faction member and if the non-faction member kills the faction member it will be a random instead of being one sided as it is now

To me, if someone isn't wearing faction armor that tells what faction they are on, they cannot attack someone in the opposing faction without first stating that they are part of the faction and plan to fight/kill the person.

That is, a person wearing armor and shield that shows no faction cannot just ride up and lance Jimmy, who is in the opposing faction and is wearing heraldic armor and heater shield. The person would first have to tell Jimmy, "I am a part of so-and-so faction and I am going to be killing you now." Otherwise I would consider it a random.

It's a ****ty loophole, in my opinion and shouldn't be allowed.

But, please do not create new threads for suggestions. There is already a thread for suggestions concerning the NA server.

I agree with this apart from forcing people to wear heraldic armor. Can't we identify eachother by face? Reputation?
All these rules are starting to limit our fun on the mod

UBERMANN said:
Well if people RPed instead of treated this like some RPG then we wouldn't need these rules.

If people "roleplayed" instead of treating this like some ROLE PLAYING GAME than we woulnd't need these rules.

Do you read what you type before you hit Post?

Roleplaying isn't only limited to what is typed in the chat windows.  Roleplaying also heavily involves seeing what is going on around you and being observant to your surroundings. 

This rule does need to be re-done.  I don't think people should metagame, but when it comes to enemy faction members if you are close enough to read they are an enemy, you should be able to treat them as such.  It's still smart to run around in a sterile (non-identifying) armor so that ranged units have a harder time telling who you are.  But you shouldn't be able to run around without worry of being attacked by the enemy and cry to the admins about metagaming/randoming when you inevitably die in a warzone.

I made a specific thread about this earlier in the week that has yet to be addressed.  And I've seen people post complaints about it in other thread as well.  The rule needs to be revised and it should have been done months ago.

First of all RP and RPG are different.

As in RP you only take IC information in, and actually develop and act like your character.

In an RPG you just farm gold, get the best gear, and try to kill everything.

Also names above players should be removed, because that is metagaming. As your character has literally no way of knowing who that person is. But you metagame to get that information.

Iam sorry but recognise by the characters face lol good luck with that.
I agree with everything the OP says. It is broke, the rules don't work and need to be changed.

Also if this was a pure RP server how come so many people run around with stupid names?
Also having a War is a big part of this mod and the rules need to be addressed because some people use the rules as a shield IE Chricton, he is always what I feel is randoming but what he does is clever, he Rps a little but doesn't give you any chance to RP back he just kills you and says "I roleplayed" for example he said to me as I was getting off my horse "I think I will have that Horse" so I got back on to it and 5 secs later he killed me giving me little chance to RP. oh and he was a commoner at the time as was I.

The no Heraldic rule is a pain in the ass, you can have an enemy chase you around but you can't kill them unless they attack you first, bull**** lol.

Some guy kept following me around for a good while, I turned my back around for a bit and he tried lancing me, of course I killed him but not being able to attack him when I wanted to doesn't make sense, kinda unbalanced to be honest.

If they don't want to represent there faction and wear there faction armor, then they shouldn't be in it.

krummy said:
The no Heraldic rule is a pain in the ass, you can have an enemy chase you around but you can't kill them unless they attack you first, bull**** lol.

Some guy kept following me around for a good while, I turned my back around for a bit and he tried lancing me, of course I killed him but not being able to attack him when I wanted to doesn't make sense, kinda unbalanced to be honest.

If they don't want to represent there faction and wear there faction armor, then they shouldn't be in it.

or you should be able to "recognize" they are in the enemy faction when you get up close enough to see the floating name...like an ethnicity sort of thing...regardless of what armor they are wearing.  I can understand if you're both in town and he's wearing a sterile uniform I probably won't attack him.  But if it's a seige or a warzone/battle scenario you should be able to attack someone who you can see is your enemy (unless they are dropping their weapons and running away, but that's a personal preference, not a server rule). 

Sir Gwain said:
Also if this was a pure RP server how come so many people run around with stupid names?
Also having a War is a big part of this mod and the rules need to be addressed because some people use the rules as a shield IE Chricton, he is always what I feel is randoming but what he does is clever, he Rps a little but doesn't give you any chance to RP back he just kills you and says "I roleplayed" for example he said to me as I was getting off my horse "I think I will have that Horse" so I got back on to it and 5 secs later he killed me giving me little chance to RP. oh and he was a commoner at the time as was I.

Commoners can't rob people according to the rules.  And if the rules are taken literally I don't think they can steal either (which is bull**** anyone should be able to steal and have to deal w/ the consequences of their actions in game).  He shouldn't be able to kill you for getting on the horse that you own.  But say he jumped on your horse you should have every right to kill him and take it back.  I don't think you should be able to call for an admin if someone takes your horse either.  Same goes as a commoner (or anyone) who steals a money bag off a corpse they did not kill, that makes them fair game to the person who had rightful claim to the money bag, and I don't think either party should be able to call an admin to intervene.

All this seems like pretty common sense stuff...not sure why the rules wouldn't reflect basic common sense.

No rule can be perfect.
Admins use the rules as a guide, not as the law.
Also yes, it is traditional for people to not walk around when people are slicing each others heads off. More than once I've gotten complaints that commoners or even enemy faction members were killed during a brawl. I tell them to keep away from the fight and dismiss them.

If you see a non-heraldic player running around with a band of heraldic players you can assume that they are with that faction.

Yeah, just do away with this rule. I remember I let someone go in neutral armor and they turn around and lance me on the back...

You would recognise your fellow soldiers in a siege, and an armed person in sterile armour (In the enemy faction) you do not recognise as one of your faction in a warzone can be killed, because no OOC information was used while figuring out that he doesn't seem to be helping you and your soldiers, he is armed, he will pose a threat and you don't recognise him as one of your faction.

I argued with Huseby when he talked about him KoSing enemy faction members even if they don't have any faction logo on, however, at the time i thought you ment you KoSed them even if it wasn't in a warzone, for example in a town, where your character have no way of figuring out an armed man with sterile armour is your enemy. In a warzone there are ways of finding this out.

I also agree that commoners and even faction members should be able to rob, steal and do anything an outlaw can. Like it used to be on V3.5 and back. This is to avoid metagaming against outlaws.

Rasorath said:
I argued with Huseby when he talked about him KoSing enemy faction members even if they don't have any faction logo on, however, at the time i thought you ment you KoSed them even if it wasn't in a warzone, for example in a town, where your character have no way of figuring out an armed man with sterile armour is your enemy. In a warzone there are ways of finding this out.

The problem with this is that nobody will use heraldic armors, because if they do then they can get KoS in town, while you are not allowed to defend against the attackers without heraldic armor.

Imo, you should be able to use the nametag to distinct friend from foe, no matter if the person have any recongnisable heraldries on him.
IRL, you would probably know if he was your enemy by his behavior, dialect/language, appearance etc.

Eragon91 said:
Rasorath said:

The problem with this is that nobody will use heraldic armors, because if they do then they can get KoS in town, while you are not allowed to defend against the attackers without heraldic armor.

Imo, you should be able to use the nametag to distinct friend from foe, no matter if the person have any recongnisable heraldries on him.
IRL, you would probably know if he was your enemy by his behavior, dialect/language, appearance etc.

Maybe you should, but at this moment you can't. I see your point however.

Back
Top Bottom