New Wandering Parties?

Users who are viewing this thread

cartonofjuice

Sergeant at Arms
I want to add a few wandering parties throughout the map, similar to the manhunters and looters. How can I do this and how can I limit the amount spawned on the map. Should I try and replicate it or are there other factors that are needed to allow them to function correctly?

1st do you have modsys/etc.? If not, you'll  need those in order to make any mod.

Beyond that, if you're happy with your new parties acting exactly as the bandits/manhunters, all you have to do is copy the code, change the name, and possibly where/how many they spawn (depending on what you want).  If you want to change how they act, i.e. which parties they will attack, if they will attack settlements or not, etc. then yes you will have to probably come up with your own code.

Roccoflipside said:
1st do you have modsys/etc.? If not, you'll  need those in order to make any mod.

Beyond that, if you're happy with your new parties acting exactly as the bandits/manhunters, all you have to do is copy the code, change the name, and possibly where/how many they spawn (depending on what you want).  If you want to change how they act, i.e. which parties they will attack, if they will attack settlements or not, etc. then yes you will have to probably come up with your own code.
Yes, I do have modsys. I just want the parties to spawn in really. Nothing too crazy after that.
So, I should just copy the "parties" code for the manhunters and just rename/edit that until I get what I want?

A bit of a threadjack but I came across a small problem.
I added some custom hero parties using the custom battle characters, and all was fine, they would spawn around the game-world, I could interact with them, more or less, but once I began adding new companions, these custom battle characters' parties got mixed up, so, for example, Hegen's party was now led by Rodrigo de Braganca, whereas Rodrigo's party was lead by Merchant of Sargoth (for example). What gives?

Corbul said:
A bit of a threadjack but I came across a small problem.
I added some custom hero parties using the custom battle characters, and all was fine, they would spawn around the game-world, I could interact with them, more or less, but once I began adding new companions, these custom battle characters' parties got mixed up, so, for example, Hegen's party was now led by Rodrigo de Braganca, whereas Rodrigo's party was lead by Merchant of Sargoth (for example). What gives?

Did you use the module system to make the changes?  Did you add the new companions right below the existing companions?  Did you start a new game after making the changes?

Redleg said:
Did you use the module system to make the changes?  Did you add the new companions right below the existing companions?  Did you start a new game after making the changes?
Yes, yes, and yes. In fact, i also tried adding the new companions separately, just to see if it made any difference (naturally, the game didn't "see" them as new copanions, but at least i cheked). I'm currently trying to kinda start over with these custom parties. First i'll add all the new companions i want, then i'll try adding the new parties and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom