New wanderers do not appear on encyclopedia on the Beta 1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Reckiario

Recruit
As the title says, 228 days into the game and the wanderers that appear on the encyclopedia are the same as on day 1. They are around if I visit the taverns, but they do not appear on the encyclopedia.

Don't think specs of my computer are related to this issue, so i'm skipping that part.

Now that I've gotten my old save back and decided to go get myself some new companions I noticed the game (1.3 beta) isn't creating new companions. At this point in game time in my other save (1.2) there were dozens of companions in the game already. This save seems to have exactly the same wanderers it started with.

I noticed there are new people showing up at taverns. They're probably supposed to be new wanderers because of how they're named, but their name is white (not green) on city tab and they won't really talk. Wanderer creation script is probably bugged.

Confirmed. They appear in white colour and altough you can talk to them, you can not recruit them. So this one is an annoying issue.

It also clasifies them as type "unknown", and this appears to be the issue, since the others have the type "wanderer". Hope it gets corrected with the next patch.

Last edited:
Confirmed. They appear in white colour and altough you can talk to them, you can not recruit them. So this one is an annoying issue.

It also clasifies them as type "unknown".
I really hope they can come up with a fix for existing saves. This one is my best game so far and I've played it for a while. Too bad there aren't new wanderers.

Oddly enough, I have been able to recruit those companions as long as they appear and I recruit them before reloading a save game. After I reload a save game, they're no longer recruitable. Even when recruited, they won't appear in the encyclopedia. What's really cool, is that if you recruit them this way, you can assign all of their stats. For instance, they come at level 11 or so, but all of their state points are not assigned so you can allocate them however you want. To be honest, I prefer being able to assign their stats and wish that was standard and intended. It solves the problem of them having idiotic stats.

Oddly enough, I have been able to recruit those companions as long as they appear and I recruit them before reloading a save game. After I reload a save game, they're no longer recruitable. Even when recruited, they won't appear in the encyclopedia. What's really cool, is that if you recruit them this way, you can assign all of their stats. For instance, they come at level 11 or so, but all of their state points are not assigned so you can allocate them however you want. To be honest, I prefer being able to assign their stats and wish that was standard and intended. It solves the problem of them having idiotic stats.
All this, the "hidden" and unrecruitable wanderers and the possibility to distribute their points, might be a sign of changes to come. I hope so.

Does anyone know if this bug happens in every 1.3 play through because I want to try and start a new game but do not know if I should go back to 1.2. I hate that you need to play for hours before knowing if the bug is happening. Yea I have actually noticed both that sometimes I can recruit them and other times I can not so thanks for explaining it is due to loading saves. But I can confirm the encyclopedia does not update and that if you can hire them all the stats are unassigned. It makes it annoying because I had no steward or trade wanderers available at start and just randomly hoping to run into one has proven futile. I am at a point where that is important because I have caravans and settlements now. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to train companions in stats like those. There should be a way to train because right now you can only narrowly focus your companions and also it makes the lady or lord needs a tutor quests impossible to complete if the lord is high level because you can't focus on his low level skills.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this bug happens in every 1.3 play through because I want to try and start a new game but do not know if I should go back to 1.2. I hate that you need to play for hours before knowing if the bug is happening. Yea I have actually noticed both that sometimes I can recruit them and other times I can not so thanks for explaining it is due to loading saves. But I can confirm the encyclopedia does not update and that if you can hire them all the stats are unassigned. It makes it annoying because I had no steward or trade wanderers available at start and just randomly hoping to run into one has proven futile. I am at a point where that is important because I have caravans and settlements now. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to train companions in stats like those. There should be a way to train because right now you can only narrowly focus your companions and also it makes the lady or lord needs a tutor quests impossible to complete if the lord is high level because you can't focus on his low level skills.

I have played 3 games on version 1.3 and this has happened in all of them. I also agree that the "needs a tutor" quest is too risky to attempt due to often getting high level lords..

I can confirm that you can change the stats of new wanderers that don't appear on the encyclopedia as long as they appear on the same save while you don't load the game.

Back
Top Bottom