New version is comming! What should be released first? Multi or single? 09/05/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Are we still expecting an update on the mod tomorrow? Also since I hadnt voted earlier I vote Single Player all the way!

Don't expect the mod to be updated tomorrow. Many European countries use the date format of Day/Month/Year.
Suminagashi said:
That is to say, the thread was created on May 9th, as opposed to an expected release on September 5th. WoYo-Sensei is indeed working on the mod, primarily multiplayer for the time being. However, the lack of a compatible version of WSE is causing a bit of a delay in the development process.
WSE is compatible now, yes, but speaking of multiplayer and all this voting... there's really no point in you guys continuing to vote. The decision to work on multiplayer first was more or less decided some time ago.
woyo-sensei said:
You have a week to vote, that means: May 16, 2012, 07:02:20 PM UTC. I will be very grateful for voting and for explanation of your vote.
Regards
woyo-sensei said:
OK, maybe that poll was unnecessary. Maybe I just want to know how many people are interested in multiplayer/single player. My bad, sorry for that. Now I know I`ve made a mistake on the beginning, but what is done, is done. The true is I prefer release multi first, because I will get more time to fix single. Besides making new features for multi I can include in single player campaign as well.
Although I've stated that I only play the single player so far, I've been waiting on an update for so long that it's really not going to kill me to have to wait for the multiplayer portion to be finished first before getting a patch for single player.

I'd vote for single player as I have noticed mine is having this "stuck in seppuku" scene for the father quest that I see people are talking about.

I assume it's due to my Steam copy of M&B:WB being 1.153.  Just to be clear, my game launch works with the following conditions:
- Steam purchased version of M&B:WB (1.153)
- WSE v3.1.3 used to launch the game (every time, not just the first time)
- Shogun Mod with Patch 1

I hadn't tested it on WB 1.143 so I suppose it may be my computer, but since it seems to be a frequent problem it seemed reasonable that a SP update might fix it.

(Edit: Found a 1.143 DL link, so testing that now... will update with results)

dude24oak said:
Can't wait for release today!
I... what? :lol: I guess your icon of Goku is appropriate to your comment when you think about Team Four Star's exaggeration for emphasis of Goku's personality. Thanks for the laugh.

In case you couldn't be bothered to read the beginning of my previous post, DarthTaco nails the point I was trying to make. I guess that doesn't stop people from overlooking the second point I was trying to make, as seen just moments ago above this post. :???:

Suminagashi said:
In case you couldn't be bothered to read the beginning of my previous post, DarthTaco nails the point I was trying to make. I guess that doesn't stop people from overlooking the second point I was trying to make, as seen just moments ago above this post. :???:

Not everybody spends all day on forums reading posts.  Some people just encounter problems and come to forums to try to solve them.  Demanding that they parse through every thread so they know every single detail isn't realistic.

I don't expect people to read the whole thread, but it just makes sense to me that a person should at least read the last page before posting. *shrug* Your actual problem is legitimate and what I meant was the whole voting thing. It's not a big deal, though, and perhaps the creator of the mod may even still be interested to hear what people have to say about their favored mode of play. Unfortunately, I still do not know a reliable solution to the bug you are experiencing, so I haven't anything useful to add.

I'm still waiting for a way around the "surrender or die/nevermind I'll leave you alone" for fathers friend =|
And the horrible spam of ldr_must_charge or something similar during combat, I cant even see whats going on around me. Everything that does work looks amazing, I'm eager to be able to experience this, I was hoping it would be fixed,I'd rather play it the way it was intended rather than play without WSE, which I think would cut out the spam but also the good features =|

I tried multiplayer, looks good already. Just needs some tweaking.

I am actually voting for single-player. That is because it needs more work, and I enjoy it more than I enjoy multiplayer.

I have a poor connection nowdays, so I cannot sit playing away with lags, hoping that my sword reaches some point.

It'd be really ****ing stupid to make the release in US time 05/09/ TWELVE if the month already passed... Jesus Christ think before you insult people.

On another note, you're argument is invalid, 05/09 is already passed in the year 2012.... And my avatar isn't my personality, it is how I actually look.

Jesus Christ, rude mother ****ers.

The problem lies in that you keep assuming that there was somehow an official statement of a release date, either May 9th or September 5th. Of course it would be stupid to have a release date stated after the time had passed, but again, there was not and has never been a release date mentioned. All the "09/05/12" in the title of the thread is, was the date that the thread was created. If you look closely at the original post, it says, "on: May 09, 2012, 02:02:20 PM," as the posting time.

The reason I mentioned the correlation between your post and your avatar, is because Goku is sometimes seen as a bit spacey, and you had just expressed excitement for a content release directly after my post which had clarified for jakedasnake that there will be no such update. I think you're getting a little too bent out of shape from a comment that wasn't really even insulting. I apologize if you're somehow offended by minor teasing on the internet. I'm a little jaded and cynical after years of talking to some people, but I didn't think my comment was all that bad.

[Edit: Fixed a typo.]

Just a random fact , but I heard goku is japanese for "air" though  at times that seemed to be in his head, his heart was always in the right place. =)
Also, Gohan=cooked rice =)

I also noticed a chance for 1 hit kill skills, it said increased chance by 0% each level of the skill, is that normal for the first few levels of the skill, is it displayed incorrectly, or simply not working? I would try to test it in game, but I cant really play with all the script error spam in the way.
And are people playing on 1143??? or the current version?(Just updated to 1154)

The Instant Kill skill has never worked properly but is supposed to be fixed in the next update, whenever that will be. You should be able to play on 1.154 now as long as you're using one of the latest versions of WSE as well. I couldn't tell you if there are any more bugs presented in playing Shogun on Warband 1.154 as I haven't really tried it much since.

What is the point of making threads and polls if you are going to be arbitrary and biased towards multiplayer anyway? Seems silly to do so.

If you want to do multiplayer version, do that as you will. No need to ask people about what they will prefer, then suddenly turn back and tell them that you won't be doing what they wish, because you prefer something else.

Sure, this is your mod and your creation. You may do whatever you want to do with it. But a modder should at least take some consideration about his fans, rather than cutting off their votes to suit his own mind. There is no point in this silly thread if you first ask them what they want but you don't let them do so.

I can wait for as long as you keep us waiting. I have Shogun II TW to help me keep myself addicted to Japanese history. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom