NEW version 3.2 OPEN BETA available

Users who are viewing this thread

for the most part this mod is standing as is. With Gab working on 1860s and 1776 as well and this is pretty stable  Its more on the backroad. Eventually Gab may add a new release and I've slowly been doing some tweaks here and there (but RL stuff is taking way too much time from me) for scenes that it may not get an update for quite a while.

True. Thx Dell.
Actually, as I said, 1755 is my 1st Love....and we will see if some more strong enthusiasm from Fans will lead me to do some more Updating on it.
Dell is doing some work on it, as he said and my son Gabriele often prays me to change this and that, cuz he still loves 1755 and prefers it to any other mod... :roll:

1860s is my favourite atm...but I got it to a very high level, lately (last 0.99g version is really much better than previous 0.98 and 0.99  :cool: )
Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise...  :twisted:

Awaiting Dell and eventually his work, it might be that we will update again 1755.
NEVER say never!  :wink:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
True. Thx Dell.
Actually, as I said, 1755 is my 1st Love....and we will see if some more strong enthusiasm from Fans will lead me to do some more Updating on it.
Dell is doing some work on it, as he said and my son Gabriele often prays me to change this and that, cuz he still loves 1755 and prefers it to any other mod... :roll:

1860s is my favourite atm...but I got it to a very high level, lately (last 0.99g version is really much better than previous 0.98 and 0.99  :cool: )
Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise...  :twisted:

Awaiting Dell and eventually his work, it might be that we will update again 1755.
NEVER say never!  :wink:
Gab

"Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise..." :shock: :?: :shock:

Just figured out how to DL mods yesterday (this is the first mod I try), and ended up playing all evening yesterday and all day today. I must say this mod is a highly addictive and just plain wonderful. It is amazing that people have taken the time to make a mod from a period that is generally unknown to most people. I could go on and on with superlatives all over the page about how great this is.

From reading through this thread I know little work is being done, so if nothing is changed it is all for me. It is just a few things/bugs that puzzles me a little, so please take this feedback in the positive light it is intended. If this should be posted in a different thread, please let me know and I'll remedy the situation.

- Uncas disappeared from the game after my first defeat at the hands of the savages (Wild Frontiers), and seems to be gone. Travelers cannot give me a clue as to his whereabouts (I haven't traveled extensively in the non-British areas, but roamed a little bit). Is he supposed to be gone, or is it a bug?
- Lilly rides into battle on a wolf. Is he supposed to do that?
- There are some invisible clothes that seem to be bugged. Will make a list as I find them and post it if it is of interest.

Just a few questions about clothes:
- Are there any European uniforms that can compete with the Native Americans? My London-born gentleman does not care too much for a mohawk with feathers, but no tricorne hats I have found so far (come to think of it, there are some pirate hats that are competitive, but equally distasteful to my gentleman character) can compete stat wise with the woodsmen gear.
- Is there a ranger cap in the game? I see the Roger's Rangers have them, but I have a character who has the ranger uniform, but requires a suitable hat :smile:

Also, one final question: Are any of the companions hostile to one another like in Native, or can I just grab everyone I come over?

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to make such a great mod, and hopefully my questions and comments aren't so misplaced that they anger anyone.

- Uncas disappeared from the game after my first defeat at the hands of the savages (Wild Frontiers), and seems to be gone. Travelers cannot give me a clue as to his whereabouts (I haven't traveled extensively in the non-British areas, but roamed a little bit). Is he supposed to be gone, or is it a bug?

sounds like a bug. He usually sticks around as a companion unless you let him go

- Lilly rides into battle on a wolf. Is he supposed to do that?

Lilly is the wolf( Gabs actual dogs name). She had a set of invisible armour that allows her to cheat it by making Lilly like a horse with rider( hiding the rider controlling the pet) though talking to lilly is kinda funny seeing a floating head with no body :razz:

- Are there any European uniforms that can compete with the Native Americans? My London-born gentleman does not care too much for a mohawk with feathers, but no tricorne hats I have found so far (come to think of it, there are some pirate hats that are competitive, but equally distasteful to my gentleman character) can compete stat wise with the woodsmen gear.

Statwise no.

To pull directly from the FAQ stickied on this forum:
Why does Indian items have such high armor?
To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

- Is there a ranger cap in the game? I see the Roger's Rangers have them, but I have a character who has the ranger uniform, but requires a suitable hat

I believe theres a ranger hat somewheres it might be difficult to find in shops or random drops (Cheatmenu might have the cap there if you're impatient).

Also, one final question: Are any of the companions hostile to one another like in Native, or can I just grab everyone I come over?

I think the companions minus the name changes are basically the native ones so I would say its safe to assume that they can be hostile to each other.

Glad you're enjoying the mod. Be sure to check out 1776 American Revolution and/or 1860s Old America as well if you have the opportunity, 2 more of Gabs work and both are excellent mods (1860s is Gabs main focus right now and from what I have heard/seen it looks great).

Thanks for the reply Dellivis!

Oh, I am so much more than just enjoying this mod. :smile: I am very fascinated with the French and Indian War ( or Seven Year's War as known in Europe), and was actually discussing with friends how awesome an MMO set during this time period would be (as a Dark Age of camelot veteran, I am partial to three-faction warfare, and FIW would fit perfectly), and this is as close as I probably will get (and using the M&B game design makes it all the more better). I will also check out 1776 (already has it downloaded) as soon as I have the time and can get away from 1755. :smile:

Huge thank you to Gabs and everyone that made this mod. I guess this will ruin most of my weekends this summer, and I love you for it!

Good ol' Delly is one of the people that belonged to my Old Gabby's Team and the only one that still is active helping me out on Forums!  :cool:
As usual he was very exaustive and nice....and is true: I am always happy to see ppl fully and deeply enjoining that "Last of the Mohican " style mod. My first and most beloved one!  :oops:

THANK to U too, actually, for reviving some pure enthusiasm, Man!

Feedback on ur emotions and personal tastes, ok?

...and give a try to 1860s Old America v. 0.99 G....it s HOT !!!  :shock:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america-v-099-g/reviews

GAB
PS ...and keep on watching TLotMohicans...I bet U loved it?!  :twisted:

The Last of the Mohicans remains one of my favorite movies of all time, and getting the opportunity to immerse myself in theat time and place is just fantastic.
As others has mentioned is the atmosphere in 1755 just awesome. The music, setting and feeling that arouses from just playing is hard to describe. Superlatives just don't cut it.
I got 1776 DLd and will get to that soon. I will play 1860 down the line when I find the time and the ability to take a break from 1755 (might even cut 1776 a bit short  :wink: ).

As I mentioned am I a bit of a 1755 enthusiast, and the fight scenes in 1755 immerses me in the fights to a scary degree. Too often I find myself opening the battles by looking to my companions to see which way the enemy is attacking from because I cannot see them, and it is too much fun to describe with words.

Once again, thank you for bringing to life a mod that is tailor made for me :smile:

Ohh...mamma mia....I destroyed another life!!  :twisted:
Ehhh, man...I see that U are one of those really crazy for the time period and most enjoyining the SPIRIT of the work done!
See why I alwasy insist on the NEED to watch and FEEL TLotM movie?!  :oops:

I would love for u to share some "adventuring" during the game....it is my best time while reading my Mods Topics many posts!

And once again, welcome in this family of crazy wild frontiermen that we are!  :mrgreen:

Gabby
PS ....take ur time and apreciate every single mod, mate....tons of things await u in each of them!
Then, once expert, will be a pleasure to ask u to pls help other forumer that need help or ....immersion!  :wink:

Thanks for the kind welcome, and I'll be sure to take my time enjoying every aspect of the mods.

Another aspect I loved was the sheer amount of historical personalities included in the mod. It was such fun to run into Daniel Boone, George Washington, Robert Rogers, Edward Braddock, John Bradstreet, and all the other famous people of the conflict. I m certain to meet many more as I get deeper into the mods. :smile:

Captured Joe said:
...which reminds me, do these guys have unique facecodes alreadu? If not, I really should take a look at these. maybe.

Not sure, to be honest. Major Robert Rogers has a green uniform, but other than that most officers look pretty much the same. The ladies might also benefit from an overhaul since they retain their Native appearance. Things that would improve, but not vital if you are busy with other projects. :smile:

my god my last post was on the first page and since then this mod made ​​incredible advances.
My last version was 2.8, 3.2 and will test this soon I'll post some reports

I want you to know I absolutely love this mod. Also the Revolution and 1860! These are seriously the mods that keep me coming back to M&B. Thank you so much Gab for these wonderful mods.

Ok got some problem to play this mod so i came here to help the ones who got the same problem. If you got a MEDIUM PC that runs BRYTENWALDA FINE, and crash on OLD FRONTIER OR AR 1776 on MIDDLE of BATTLE... Then follow this steps:
1-  Download this Version of the game. Wont overwrite your STEAM ATUALIZED VERSION... Just donwload it and install it on any place! 

http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe
http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

Both links works.

2- Put the AR 1776 and OLD FRONTIER on the MODULE FOLDER of that warband(OLD VERSION, NO STEAM).

3- Have fun baby, the game will run off steam. Your STEAM VERSION ACTUALIZED will work totally APART. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD you can run amazing 200 vs 200 battles :smile:

LONG LIVE TO GABI!!!!

Back
Top Bottom