NEW version 3.2 OPEN BETA available

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes! I agree. Most people like MM more, but I think it's overrated. :roll:
This mod has single player and multiplayer.
And it's overall more awesome.

Marshal_Ney said:
Yes! I agree. Most people like MM more, but I think it's overrated. :roll:
This mod has single player and multiplayer.
And it's overall more awesome.
MartanCJ and Marshal_Ney, thx for your compliments, but you guys exagerate a little.

Mount & Musket is a Multiplayer real Masterpiece, the first serious and most historically correct musket mod. Period.
Vincenzo, the main developer is the one that started all this musket modding and has all my respect....and has to handle such a jungle like MP players, the most demanding fellows in the world!  :eek:

On my side, well, yes...SP and MP is tiring like drying the Italian sea with a spoon.....and few ppl have the sensibility of Marshal_Ney, and they think I could be superhuman, sometimes... :twisted:

Stay close to me guys....and things will go ahead always more and better :wink:

THX
Gabby

Heya all,

Great mod you have here. I'm still in a dilemma to choose what regiment I'd like to represent for the British! :razz:

In any event I have an issue with equipping my companions and for that matter myself. I've done several tests to be sure it wasn't just a fluke or my imagination, saving and loading to be double sure.

I'm able to take away weapons from my companions but not give them weapons. For instance I cannot give them a tomahawk "shield" for defense in hand to hand combat nor can I give them cartridges, say for Uncas who has a lovely rifle but no ammo. Furthermore, I am unable to acquire any cartridges in the weapon smith shops. I've been all over the map looking in each shop to find some but I cannot. I must loot them from battles. And alas when I do loot them and give them to my companions they vanish.

Any ideas or fixes gents?

Cheers, Meg

Empress Meg said:
Heya all,

Great mod you have here. I'm still in a dilemma to choose what regiment I'd like to represent for the British! :razz:

In any event I have an issue with equipping my companions and for that matter myself. I've done several tests to be sure it wasn't just a fluke or my imagination, saving and loading to be double sure.

I'm able to take away weapons from my companions but not give them weapons. For instance I cannot give them a tomahawk "shield" for defense in hand to hand combat nor can I give them cartridges, say for Uncas who has a lovely rifle but no ammo. Furthermore, I am unable to acquire any cartridges in the weapon smith shops. I've been all over the map looking in each shop to find some but I cannot. I must loot them from battles. And alas when I do loot them and give them to my companions they vanish.

Any ideas or fixes gents?

Cheers, Meg

Hmm that sounds like a new problem not present in older versions. Gab will probably have to edit Uncas's items in Morgh's. You can solve that yourself with Morgh's mod tools for Warband (check the forge) and point the item and troop editor to the text file for troops (there are some good tutorials on it) and add in what you want your party to have. 

There is used to be or probably still is a way to access the cheat menu in "camp" and I think it was Crtl ~ and then you can find items you need. I play NMC based mods so often now (1776 and the test builds for Twilight of The Sun King) that I can just turn on the cheat menu in the mod options to find items that I need right away. Hope that helped a little.

So now one of the Draconian police states have banned a file host for whatever flippant reason they have created this time around, is there another link I can request for this awesome looking file?

Many thanks.

NickyJ said:
First off, I'd like to thank Gabby and his team for their excellent work on this mod. This was one of the first mods I ever used in the game, and I still love it. :mrgreen:

Anyway, while the newer versions of the mod have been great, I actually kind of liked the pre-3.0 versions better. There's nothing wrong with the new versions, I just prefer the older versions. But my problem is that I never saved any of the older versions, and I can't find any downloads of them. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thx for compliments and sorry for deleting ur Topic...but u know that I HATE adding new ones, if things can be said on existing topics, like this.  :twisted:
I m also sorry to say that no dwld is available on older versions.

Gab :wink:

dude are you seriuos, weapons like the tomahawk and the pistols (shield ofc) are completely useless just to block something off and not to attack ? couldn't we just have a second weapon mode for guns to block manually like in F&S and with the tomahawk like always in M&B , seriously who can block overall with just a gun if you cannot block manually why don't you turn on auto block ? my problem with this is that u have to loot carry and sell so much useless crap, overall too much things are double and triple available with sometimes litte differing stats sometimes with just other names and wtf is this double/tripple gun crap, you shoudl at least make a proper model for this one then, like 2 guns or one is all the time in your side ? in my opinion this mod is made very unrealistic and unnatural to handle sorry for that. also there were several Factions thet disappeared at day two is that planned or bug ? and second thing why are the stat numbers that high ? all in one i can say this mod in SP looks like the single player in vikingr, there is none. No love in it just instered all kinds of things.  Maybe u are building too much Mods instzead of finishing one properly ?
Sorry for my language but i see this mod the first ten minutss i thought ok some things i can't appreciate but it looks awesome but then after 20 30 misn i just thought what a heartless **** seriously, i am no modder i can just think of the effort soemone must put in thos, but please thsi is what i am searching for 2 weeks and i LOVE your Styles like the pirate clothes and the indian things, also all other thigns are stylish and this mod has so many potential, someone just has to concentrate on this and take a look how it's solved in F&S i know it's another game but in my opinion they fixed problems very good. If you are ready to change some things i would start to work on it and make suggestions etc but i don't know if you disagree with m point of view...

Please don't say that, that is unnecessary ranting what you do here. Better appreciate all the hard work put in the mod instead of insulting modders who give most of their scarce free time (and sometimes their good health too) for the sake of delivering a FREE mod for everyone to download.

Also, what the hell are you complaining about? I don't get half of what you're saying, and the other half is just trolling/pointless ranting.

Oh Moe...

Shield tomahawks and pistols are because it's the only way to dual wield - and you must agree that a corsair with two pistols is incredibly badass. Many great mods have the shield weapons and I seriously don't see any problem with it. If you think it's unrealistic to block a bullet with tomahawk, please note that shield weapons have almost no coverage and health.

The disappearing factions are multiplayer factions and their disappearance has absolutely no effect on gameplay.

The stat numbers are high because... Well, because it's BETA and because you die about twelve times faster than in vanilla. With high stats you can survive a little longer.

1755 is awesome mod and actually very much finished and as Joe said, Gabrilduro put an incredible amount of effort in it. He is just one guy, while F&S was made by a whole professional game studio.
And BTW, I find 1755 much better than F&S  :grin:.

Ehh...we are ALL TOO good, in the Gabrilduro s Bunch, see?!
Thx guys, precious help as usual, ....and all true, what was said!!
I could add and explain some more things, as well, but is unusefull when a person like Moe:
-talks using wtf and **** (I grew up in the road and poor in Italy, but I never insult and belittle ppl...gimme a break, man!  :???: )
-admits he played such a short time Ohh, jeees....how can u judge the whole thing? Ever sieged a town with ANTIGONOS scenary? Or the many other issues that are in 1755?!

-is noit a modder and knows nothing of what is behind such a stressing activity.
Ever noticed that best grats come from Modders and that worst come from Recruits that spent so short time playing, testing ...and even on my Forums
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=219297

-my free time is really short.

...and also because I am so lucky that my mod got the 1st place in the 2011 ((Sp&Mp Mods)
but expecially because ppl that played it extensively, as my supporters in 1st place, just adore it and speak for me.  :mrgreen:

Anyway, u got even more attention than deserved, that s for sure.
But I dedicated my time ALWAYS to answer questions, even to trolls or un-behaved ppl, and I did it with u, MOE, as well.

Now u have 2 chances: be nicer , play all through the Mods I make and then comment in a CIVIL way.
...or, get lost!

This is nmy Mod, and this is my Home (the Thread I made, I mean).
Anybody can visit and speak in my home, but needs to be civil and in some way positive, otherwise he better stay at HIS own home.
Got it?  :twisted:

Gabrilduro

well that was a mad day yesterday i excuse my language once again ... but i am not able to explain the whole situation good just try it because i am bad at speakign english tho, maybe some thigns i wanted to say didn't get through. Ye that are points i didn't see, or asked why so thx for your answers. Anyway i see i have another taste then you guys cuz i cannot say that it is possible to block a bullet with a tomahawk or a pistol, maybe 1 of 1000 bullets will be blocked but well ok thats not my problem i didn't use them anyway just throw away or sold. Sorry again i normally don't post anything into forums, began this last two weeks and noticed that i am no Forum guy cuz all the other people feel attacked without thinking if the person ment it that way. I didn't want to insult you as person but i wanted to show how my point of view to the game is. I will give this one more chance and play some weeks (cuz the whole idea and styles are fitting) and look what it will become further. SORRY AGAIN, i will vanish from this Forum nevertheless.

Well, see?
Second post was much better, c'mon.  :razz:
Of course u can have different taste, is just a question of how u say things...and that possibly u speak of the good ones, as well.
U don t have to "vanish", we will welcome u again when and if u will be more "expert" on the whole game, ok?  :wink:

Oh, I m not english also, I m from I taly. (ok,... I said that many times...hehehe)
Gab
PS...Watch my "Ferocious Warriors" in the Mod, "white man"...they are pretty dangerous!!  :twisted:

well i am a white man in game but i am Long-John Silver too.  I will try to make an alliance with bandits, pirates indains to destroy the "white Legacy" in the ancestral home of those wonderful people. I Love the Possibility to wear Pirate clothes :wink: so thank you for this experience.

MfG Moe.

I think that this is one of the most authentic feeling mods there are. The dual wielding combo, with the pistol pair in the first slot and the shield/pistol in the second, or similar with axes, is a great way to represent a style of combat that would be very difficult to picture otherwise.

And besides the dual wield combo, Gabrilduro did some very imaginative things to accurately display that period's fighting. Take for example the stats on indian equipment, like the Mohok feathers; It's much higher than one would expect, to account for the psychological effect that the appearence of these warriors had on settlers.

Also a lot of work has been put into the stats of muskets, pistols, bows, or mellee weapons to make an effective balance, so that each choice represents a viable path for the player.

Overall, it's a mod that one should give some time before criticizing; I myself, when I first played it, was bewildered by certain aspects of it, but after "playing it out" I came to realize that a lot of work has been put in its balance.

So, let the mod "work its magic" a while :wink: You won't be disappointed!

Thx, I think that was very well explained.
I always wanted a different gameplay than Natve M&B and WB.
Too slow and boring...and predictable.
I mean....Talewords did a great Game (capital "C" was on purpose!  :cool: ) and we all, Modders and Players, owe a lot to the main developers.
But after a while, u get used to many things...
Looters, for example, are always wimp and half naked, and troop trees are all very well "balanced" and predictable.
....and most Mods are ALL from Middleages or "medievalic" Fantasy, aren t they?

I wanted to make a Musket era mod, Single Player and HISTORICAL! ...but also...very "athmosperic" about the old frontier, the New World and....the great Indian Tribes that fought proudly and intensively, against the "Europeans"
And I don t see other Mods that have all that in one.

Hah! I have to say that I loved Moe's intention to fight Europeans and their corrupted world, why not?!
I did the same, one time and had the Wild Frontier to overcome ALL the factions (ok, ok...I widely used the "Cannons" issues during battles... :oops: ) and was so much fun! ...even if so un-historical and barely possible...

1755 was my first Mod, and surely my biggest love.
And when I compare it to 1776 and now, to the huge 1860s, I kind of smile on its "rough" look and content...
But when I happen to play it (seldom lately) ...well, I feel so INSIDE" the game and the Old Frontier" that is so hard to quit.
...and it is so true what Heathengel said: u need to let the mod to "work its magic".
Takes its time but I m glad many of u agreed that...is worth it!  :wink:

Thx once again for the much affection and dedication that is given to me and to all the ppl that contributed in many ways to make this Mod....

I talked a lot today on this old mod and topic....and had a nice, strong feeling on the time spent on modding, foruming and sharing things and emotions with so many ppl, through the 2 years spent on TW Topics  :oops:

Lov'ya all !
Gabby :wink:
PS ...I still miss special ppl like the wanderful Crumbs a lot and nothing of 1755 would be so good without his contribution.
Just felt to say that.

GABRILDURO said:
1755 was my first Mod, and surely my biggest love.
And when I compare it to 1776 and now, to the huge 1860s, I kind of smile on its "rough" look and content...

Lov'ya all !
Gabby :wink:

Huge fan, any chance of new content for this gem?

Back
Top Bottom