NEW version 3.2 OPEN BETA available

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Ehh...we are ALL TOO good, in the Gabrilduro s Bunch, see?!
Thx guys, precious help as usual, ....and all true, what was said!!
I could add and explain some more things, as well, but is unusefull when a person like Moe:
-talks using wtf and **** (I grew up in the road and poor in Italy, but I never insult and belittle ppl...gimme a break, man!  :???: )
-admits he played such a short time Ohh, jeees....how can u judge the whole thing? Ever sieged a town with ANTIGONOS scenary? Or the many other issues that are in 1755?!

-is noit a modder and knows nothing of what is behind such a stressing activity.
Ever noticed that best grats come from Modders and that worst come from Recruits that spent so short time playing, testing ...and even on my Forums
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=219297

-my free time is really short.

...and also because I am so lucky that my mod got the 1st place in the 2011 ((Sp&Mp Mods)
but expecially because ppl that played it extensively, as my supporters in 1st place, just adore it and speak for me.  :mrgreen:

Anyway, u got even more attention than deserved, that s for sure.
But I dedicated my time ALWAYS to answer questions, even to trolls or un-behaved ppl, and I did it with u, MOE, as well.

Now u have 2 chances: be nicer , play all through the Mods I make and then comment in a CIVIL way.
...or, get lost!

This is nmy Mod, and this is my Home (the Thread I made, I mean).
Anybody can visit and speak in my home, but needs to be civil and in some way positive, otherwise he better stay at HIS own home.
Got it?  :twisted:

Gabrilduro

Moe

Recruit
Best answers
well that was a mad day yesterday i excuse my language once again ... but i am not able to explain the whole situation good just try it because i am bad at speakign english tho, maybe some thigns i wanted to say didn't get through. Ye that are points i didn't see, or asked why so thx for your answers. Anyway i see i have another taste then you guys cuz i cannot say that it is possible to block a bullet with a tomahawk or a pistol, maybe 1 of 1000 bullets will be blocked but well ok thats not my problem i didn't use them anyway just throw away or sold. Sorry again i normally don't post anything into forums, began this last two weeks and noticed that i am no Forum guy cuz all the other people feel attacked without thinking if the person ment it that way. I didn't want to insult you as person but i wanted to show how my point of view to the game is. I will give this one more chance and play some weeks (cuz the whole idea and styles are fitting) and look what it will become further. SORRY AGAIN, i will vanish from this Forum nevertheless.

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Well, see?
Second post was much better, c'mon.  :razz:
Of course u can have different taste, is just a question of how u say things...and that possibly u speak of the good ones, as well.
U don t have to "vanish", we will welcome u again when and if u will be more "expert" on the whole game, ok?  :wink:

Oh, I m not english also, I m from I taly. (ok,... I said that many times...hehehe)
Gab
PS...Watch my "Ferocious Warriors" in the Mod, "white man"...they are pretty dangerous!!  :twisted:

Moe

Recruit
Best answers
well i am a white man in game but i am Long-John Silver too.  I will try to make an alliance with bandits, pirates indains to destroy the "white Legacy" in the ancestral home of those wonderful people. I Love the Possibility to wear Pirate clothes :wink: so thank you for this experience.

MfG Moe.

Heathengel

Recruit
Best answers
I think that this is one of the most authentic feeling mods there are. The dual wielding combo, with the pistol pair in the first slot and the shield/pistol in the second, or similar with axes, is a great way to represent a style of combat that would be very difficult to picture otherwise.

And besides the dual wield combo, Gabrilduro did some very imaginative things to accurately display that period's fighting. Take for example the stats on indian equipment, like the Mohok feathers; It's much higher than one would expect, to account for the psychological effect that the appearence of these warriors had on settlers.

Also a lot of work has been put into the stats of muskets, pistols, bows, or mellee weapons to make an effective balance, so that each choice represents a viable path for the player.

Overall, it's a mod that one should give some time before criticizing; I myself, when I first played it, was bewildered by certain aspects of it, but after "playing it out" I came to realize that a lot of work has been put in its balance.

So, let the mod "work its magic" a while :wink: You won't be disappointed!

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Thx, I think that was very well explained.
I always wanted a different gameplay than Natve M&B and WB.
Too slow and boring...and predictable.
I mean....Talewords did a great Game (capital "C" was on purpose!  :cool: ) and we all, Modders and Players, owe a lot to the main developers.
But after a while, u get used to many things...
Looters, for example, are always wimp and half naked, and troop trees are all very well "balanced" and predictable.
....and most Mods are ALL from Middleages or "medievalic" Fantasy, aren t they?

I wanted to make a Musket era mod, Single Player and HISTORICAL! ...but also...very "athmosperic" about the old frontier, the New World and....the great Indian Tribes that fought proudly and intensively, against the "Europeans"
And I don t see other Mods that have all that in one.

Hah! I have to say that I loved Moe's intention to fight Europeans and their corrupted world, why not?!
I did the same, one time and had the Wild Frontier to overcome ALL the factions (ok, ok...I widely used the "Cannons" issues during battles... :oops: ) and was so much fun! ...even if so un-historical and barely possible...

1755 was my first Mod, and surely my biggest love.
And when I compare it to 1776 and now, to the huge 1860s, I kind of smile on its "rough" look and content...
But when I happen to play it (seldom lately) ...well, I feel so INSIDE" the game and the Old Frontier" that is so hard to quit.
...and it is so true what Heathengel said: u need to let the mod to "work its magic".
Takes its time but I m glad many of u agreed that...is worth it!  :wink:

Thx once again for the much affection and dedication that is given to me and to all the ppl that contributed in many ways to make this Mod....

I talked a lot today on this old mod and topic....and had a nice, strong feeling on the time spent on modding, foruming and sharing things and emotions with so many ppl, through the 2 years spent on TW Topics  :oops:

Lov'ya all !
Gabby :wink:
PS ...I still miss special ppl like the wanderful Crumbs a lot and nothing of 1755 would be so good without his contribution.
Just felt to say that.

PSYCHO V

Regular
Best answers
GABRILDURO said:
1755 was my first Mod, and surely my biggest love.
And when I compare it to 1776 and now, to the huge 1860s, I kind of smile on its "rough" look and content...

Lov'ya all !
Gabby :wink:
Huge fan, any chance of new content for this gem?

Dellivis

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
for the most part this mod is standing as is. With Gab working on 1860s and 1776 as well and this is pretty stable  Its more on the backroad. Eventually Gab may add a new release and I've slowly been doing some tweaks here and there (but RL stuff is taking way too much time from me) for scenes that it may not get an update for quite a while.

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
True. Thx Dell.
Actually, as I said, 1755 is my 1st Love....and we will see if some more strong enthusiasm from Fans will lead me to do some more Updating on it.
Dell is doing some work on it, as he said and my son Gabriele often prays me to change this and that, cuz he still loves 1755 and prefers it to any other mod... :roll:

1860s is my favourite atm...but I got it to a very high level, lately (last 0.99g version is really much better than previous 0.98 and 0.99  :cool: )
Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise...  :twisted:

Awaiting Dell and eventually his work, it might be that we will update again 1755.
NEVER say never!  :wink:
Gab

Bluebarry

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
GABRILDURO said:
True. Thx Dell.
Actually, as I said, 1755 is my 1st Love....and we will see if some more strong enthusiasm from Fans will lead me to do some more Updating on it.
Dell is doing some work on it, as he said and my son Gabriele often prays me to change this and that, cuz he still loves 1755 and prefers it to any other mod... :roll:

1860s is my favourite atm...but I got it to a very high level, lately (last 0.99g version is really much better than previous 0.98 and 0.99  :cool: )
Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise...  :twisted:

Awaiting Dell and eventually his work, it might be that we will update again 1755.
NEVER say never!  :wink:
Gab
"Also, I always wanted to start a Mod on....well, is still a surprise..." :shock: :?: :shock:

Vargur

Regular
Best answers
Just figured out how to DL mods yesterday (this is the first mod I try), and ended up playing all evening yesterday and all day today. I must say this mod is a highly addictive and just plain wonderful. It is amazing that people have taken the time to make a mod from a period that is generally unknown to most people. I could go on and on with superlatives all over the page about how great this is.

From reading through this thread I know little work is being done, so if nothing is changed it is all for me. It is just a few things/bugs that puzzles me a little, so please take this feedback in the positive light it is intended. If this should be posted in a different thread, please let me know and I'll remedy the situation.

- Uncas disappeared from the game after my first defeat at the hands of the savages (Wild Frontiers), and seems to be gone. Travelers cannot give me a clue as to his whereabouts (I haven't traveled extensively in the non-British areas, but roamed a little bit). Is he supposed to be gone, or is it a bug?
- Lilly rides into battle on a wolf. Is he supposed to do that?
- There are some invisible clothes that seem to be bugged. Will make a list as I find them and post it if it is of interest.

Just a few questions about clothes:
- Are there any European uniforms that can compete with the Native Americans? My London-born gentleman does not care too much for a mohawk with feathers, but no tricorne hats I have found so far (come to think of it, there are some pirate hats that are competitive, but equally distasteful to my gentleman character) can compete stat wise with the woodsmen gear.
- Is there a ranger cap in the game? I see the Roger's Rangers have them, but I have a character who has the ranger uniform, but requires a suitable hat :smile:

Also, one final question: Are any of the companions hostile to one another like in Native, or can I just grab everyone I come over?

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to make such a great mod, and hopefully my questions and comments aren't so misplaced that they anger anyone.

Dellivis

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
- Uncas disappeared from the game after my first defeat at the hands of the savages (Wild Frontiers), and seems to be gone. Travelers cannot give me a clue as to his whereabouts (I haven't traveled extensively in the non-British areas, but roamed a little bit). Is he supposed to be gone, or is it a bug?

sounds like a bug. He usually sticks around as a companion unless you let him go

- Lilly rides into battle on a wolf. Is he supposed to do that?

Lilly is the wolf( Gabs actual dogs name). She had a set of invisible armour that allows her to cheat it by making Lilly like a horse with rider( hiding the rider controlling the pet) though talking to lilly is kinda funny seeing a floating head with no body :razz:

- Are there any European uniforms that can compete with the Native Americans? My London-born gentleman does not care too much for a mohawk with feathers, but no tricorne hats I have found so far (come to think of it, there are some pirate hats that are competitive, but equally distasteful to my gentleman character) can compete stat wise with the woodsmen gear.

Statwise no.

To pull directly from the FAQ stickied on this forum:
Why does Indian items have such high armor?
To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

- Is there a ranger cap in the game? I see the Roger's Rangers have them, but I have a character who has the ranger uniform, but requires a suitable hat

I believe theres a ranger hat somewheres it might be difficult to find in shops or random drops (Cheatmenu might have the cap there if you're impatient).

Also, one final question: Are any of the companions hostile to one another like in Native, or can I just grab everyone I come over?

I think the companions minus the name changes are basically the native ones so I would say its safe to assume that they can be hostile to each other.

Glad you're enjoying the mod. Be sure to check out 1776 American Revolution and/or 1860s Old America as well if you have the opportunity, 2 more of Gabs work and both are excellent mods (1860s is Gabs main focus right now and from what I have heard/seen it looks great).

Vargur

Regular
Best answers
Thanks for the reply Dellivis!

Oh, I am so much more than just enjoying this mod. :smile: I am very fascinated with the French and Indian War ( or Seven Year's War as known in Europe), and was actually discussing with friends how awesome an MMO set during this time period would be (as a Dark Age of camelot veteran, I am partial to three-faction warfare, and FIW would fit perfectly), and this is as close as I probably will get (and using the M&B game design makes it all the more better). I will also check out 1776 (already has it downloaded) as soon as I have the time and can get away from 1755. :smile:

Huge thank you to Gabs and everyone that made this mod. I guess this will ruin most of my weekends this summer, and I love you for it!

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Good ol' Delly is one of the people that belonged to my Old Gabby's Team and the only one that still is active helping me out on Forums!  :cool:
As usual he was very exaustive and nice....and is true: I am always happy to see ppl fully and deeply enjoining that "Last of the Mohican " style mod. My first and most beloved one!  :oops:

THANK to U too, actually, for reviving some pure enthusiasm, Man!

Feedback on ur emotions and personal tastes, ok?

...and give a try to 1860s Old America v. 0.99 G....it s HOT !!!  :shock:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america-v-099-g/reviews

GAB
PS ...and keep on watching TLotMohicans...I bet U loved it?!  :twisted:

Vargur

Regular
Best answers
The Last of the Mohicans remains one of my favorite movies of all time, and getting the opportunity to immerse myself in theat time and place is just fantastic.
As others has mentioned is the atmosphere in 1755 just awesome. The music, setting and feeling that arouses from just playing is hard to describe. Superlatives just don't cut it.
I got 1776 DLd and will get to that soon. I will play 1860 down the line when I find the time and the ability to take a break from 1755 (might even cut 1776 a bit short  :wink: ).

As I mentioned am I a bit of a 1755 enthusiast, and the fight scenes in 1755 immerses me in the fights to a scary degree. Too often I find myself opening the battles by looking to my companions to see which way the enemy is attacking from because I cannot see them, and it is too much fun to describe with words.

Once again, thank you for bringing to life a mod that is tailor made for me :smile:

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Ohh...mamma mia....I destroyed another life!!  :twisted:
Ehhh, man...I see that U are one of those really crazy for the time period and most enjoyining the SPIRIT of the work done!
See why I alwasy insist on the NEED to watch and FEEL TLotM movie?!  :oops:

I would love for u to share some "adventuring" during the game....it is my best time while reading my Mods Topics many posts!

And once again, welcome in this family of crazy wild frontiermen that we are!  :mrgreen:

Gabby
PS ....take ur time and apreciate every single mod, mate....tons of things await u in each of them!
Then, once expert, will be a pleasure to ask u to pls help other forumer that need help or ....immersion!  :wink:

Vargur

Regular
Best answers
Thanks for the kind welcome, and I'll be sure to take my time enjoying every aspect of the mods.

Another aspect I loved was the sheer amount of historical personalities included in the mod. It was such fun to run into Daniel Boone, George Washington, Robert Rogers, Edward Braddock, John Bradstreet, and all the other famous people of the conflict. I m certain to meet many more as I get deeper into the mods. :smile:

Captured Joe

Marquis
Best answers
...which reminds me, do these guys have unique facecodes alreadu? If not, I really should take a look at these. maybe.