In Progress New update forced in 1.7.1. Game crashes after the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-08-17_21.06.57_d05f646b8fe3505bc1b0558382ea8000
Summary: When I launched my game today I got a random update (I have turned updates off). And now my game crashes at launch. I have tried to change game versions and then change back with it still crashing. I've disabled all the mods that I use and even removed them from the modules with no effect. I stream the game with a Twitch integration that is only updated to 1.7.1 so far, that's why I need to stay in this game version. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks!
-Kvittaz

How to Reproduce: Change your game to 1.7.1
Have you used cheats and if so which: I have not used any cheats.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Gainward GeForce 3080 Phantom
GPU Driver Version: 516.94
CPU: i7-12700kf
RAM: 64 GB
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB M.2 SSD

This is happening for hundreds of people. I'm also using 1.7.1. Wish I could roll back the update!! Please fix Taleworlds !!!

Win 10 / Radeon RX6600 / Ryzen 5 / 32 GB ram

crash report : 2022-08-18_05.19.46_a1ee40b79b2a8c781c1a267e6a2967a2
(With "The Old Worlds" mod pack on.)

Last edited:
Happening to me as well! I'm on 1.7.0 though. I tried disabling all my mods (didn't work) and changed my version to the current 1.8.0 which I was able to get to work, but when I changed it back to 1.7.0 it still crashed like a few seconds after startup. I restarted my computer and checked to see if my graphics drivers were updated (they were). Maybe if there's some way to reverse that forced update? Idk if that's even possible though. Hopefully Taleworlds figures it out and fixes it in the next few days cause I really wanna get back to my singleplayer save lol

Hey, our team is aware of this issue and working on it. Thank you for reporing it in and sorry for the inconvenience.

This is caused by the language_data.xml files added in the update. If you remove them from Modules/CustomBattle/ModuleData/Languages/XX, Modules/SandBox/ModuleData/Languages/XX, and Modules/StoryMode/ModuleData/XX, it will work again. (XX means all language folders present)

I recommend using command prompt:
(Insert your game path if different)
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules"
Press Enter
del language_data.xml /a /s
Press Enter
Done

Last edited:
This is caused by the language_data.xml files added in the update. If you remove them from Modules/CustomBattle/ModuleData/Languages/XX, Modules/SandBox/ModuleData/Languages/XX, and Modules/StoryMode/ModuleData/XX, it will work again. (XX means all language folders present)

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules"
Press Enter
Press Enter
Done
Can confirm. Manually deleting the language_data.xml s works as well.

Press Enter
Press Enter
Done
GEEZ, your method works. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom