Courser- 170 (because of OP menav bs)
Cataphract- 220

Vlandia-
Arbalest- 140
Sharpshooter- 190
Vanguard- 150
Knight- 230

Khuzait-
Steppe Bow- 120 (Worst of all the archers tbh)
Khan's Guard- 170
Nomad- 150
Lancer- 230 (glaive and armour but worse armour than heavy cav brings it down a bit)
Mounted Archer- 170 (Shooting from horse needs to be more accurate otherwise wtf is the point?)

Battania-
Ranger- 140
Fian- 180
Mounted Warrior- 150

Sturgia-
Hunter- 140
Raider- 150
Druzhinik- 210-220

Changes-
-Make xbows take longer to reload, the incredible damage is fine but when combined with relatively fast reload speeds is silly
-Stop making siege cav friendly with ramps up to G etc, just stop it. Why on earth are cav given a ramp down to the spawn to spawn-kill?
-Add a heavy inf to Aserai idk what reasoning there is behind it but it means the faction has a lack of variety and people with money's only option to use it is cav. This class should look like a dismounted mamluke with 30-40 armour, a Tabar (small bardiche), decorated oval shield and a sabre
-Add tk (I know there was a problem with this but it would help to balance the game)
-One of the desert maps has the spawn right next to G with easy access for archers to flank G but it's impossible to get to them this should be reworked a little

Last edited:
I do agree that heavy cav needs to be 230 so only if the enemy has 380 he can go for heavy + light cav. That way cav will be less desirable and light cav at 150 is perfect. It's a broken class anyways for the archer I don't agree archer is not that OP to get money increase.

[...]
Courser- 170 (because of OP menav bs)

According to NIN3 this unit has been stripped of the menavlion, which I am glad to see. Check this:
NIN3 said: We will remove the menavlions from the empire light cav.

-Stop making siege cav friendly with ramps up to G etc, just stop it. Why on earth are cav given a ramp down to the spawn to spawn-kill?
[...]
I absolutely agree.

The way the maps are laid out favours this zerg effect where the cavalry rampages uncontrollably up to the main points where, in my opinion, the fight should be exclusively melee/ranged.

We all know about the sieges in warband and the totally secondary role of cavalry in them. In Bannerlord, on the other hand, devs have opted for easily climbable ramps and stairs.

wqAlL.jpg
5VlBcG.gif

Personally I would reduce the up/downward movement speed on short stairs (the horse necessarily has to walk slowly to climb them) and on steeper ones (like for example the one in the G stairs of skala landings) directly block the passage for cavalry (the rider will have to dismount)... and ofc no "backward" tricks.

Because real horses go up and down like this

Cav is getting cost increase for siege iirc
Exactly, here is the dev's commentary.
NIN3 said: Also cav prices are gonna be higher in tdm and siege.
+
AVRC said:
For TDM and Siege cavalry costs will be 200 and 350 gold instead of130 and 200.
Also lots of changes are coming affecting cavalry gameplay.

-Make xbows take longer to reload, the incredible damage is fine but when combined with relatively fast reload speeds is silly
-Add tk (I know there was a problem with this but it would help to balance the game)
+1

Last edited:
According to NIN3 this unit has been stripped of the menavlion, which I am glad to see. Check this:

I absolutely agree.

The way the maps are laid out favours this zerg effect where the cavalry rampages uncontrollably up to the main points where, in my opinion, the fight should be exclusively melee/ranged.

We all know about the sieges in warband and the totally secondary role of cavalry in them. In Bannerlord, on the other hand, devs have opted for easily climbable ramps and stairs.

wqAlL.jpg
5VlBcG.gif

Personally I would reduce the up/downward movement speed on short stairs (the horse necessarily has to walk slowly to climb them) and on steeper ones (like for example the one in the G stairs of skala landings) directly block the passage for cavalry (the rider will have to dismount)... and ofc no "backward" tricks.

Because real horses go up and down like this

Exactly, here is the dev's commentary.

+

+1
The cav cost increase is good news

Aserai not having a heavy infantry would be okay if the devs were to buff the Veteran's Heavy Mace, cuz I feel like treating their heavy archer like a medium infantry should be a valid tactic.

Back
Top Bottom