Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 3 Towns or more

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

To be perfectly honest, the one thing I completely detest about this mod is the size and scale. It is quite impossible to really justify 50+ hours into a character because by that time he will be able to dominate anything inside the game, as the AI is unable to muster any real force against him due to its limited resources. Also, your feeling of power and conquest is diminished as you only have a small world with a few towns to interact with. The Native factions only have a town each, making them very easy to simply knock out of the game. If they had three or more, there could be actual back-and-forth warfare between factions. Would it be that hard to add some relatively content-free towns, just to provide extra playing space? They would only have to be fleshed out a little, as the existing world is already so rich and full. I'm getting really frustrated after my 5+ playthrough, as I keep hitting up against the wall of size, no matter my playstyle.

SirRonald said:
A friend of mine wants me to request that there be an ability to take a pioneer wife, start a settlement (village or whatever), and start a family. Your sons are capable of joining your army or other factions, your daughters can be married off for political reasons.

Id like to see the Navajo with Chief Joseph as their leader. You can have him roll through and take foot in this area of the west in an attempt to out run the US, slightly historical. Or Maybe the French take a foot hold in Mexico.

Overall I love this mod though

By the time your children were adults, the days of the Wild West would be over.

And why do you want Chief Joseph, only a young warrior in 1866, to abandon his Nez Perce tribe in Idaho and go to join the (already beaten in 1863) Navajo tribe? 

And why do you want Chief Joseph, only a young warrior in 1866, to abandon his Nez Perce tribe in Idaho and go to join the (already beaten in 1863) Navajo tribe?
[/quote]

History may be slightly off, and that was a major goof I mixed up the names (both start with N's  :wink:), but he'd be the only one who could move into the area. Honestly Id prefer someone other than another native tribe, but no one else fits the time or territory. Just trying to get ideas flowing.

I think the current map is tried and true. The map is balanced and retains its "western" feel. Why risk ruining all that for the need of adding content? There are many ways to make this mod more fun but i don't think throwing in a few towns and forts is going to help.
In fact i believe it will make the mod MORE boring. Especially if you plan on populating these places with the same Mexicans,Indians, and  or Americans.

EDIT:why not add more scenes like the old cabin or Tull? I think this mod needs more of those type of scenes instead of full blown cities and villages.

^ agreed, The towns and castles are OK, but somehow(probably because US cant get their forces together and form an attack) i just cant feel the action. But whenever i enter tull, duel at the graveyard or attack the bandit hideout etc, i start pumpin adrenaline!

Eh can you guys put some cannon effects, ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT- Could you make a Mohawk tribe or faction?? The Comache and The Apache aren't to big on Extremism... I've played the game and I'm a big fan of you work I'm also new to the Modding world

Ken Yamasaky said:
Eh can you guys put some cannon effects, ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT- Could you make a Mohawk tribe or faction?? The Comache and The Apache aren't to big on Extremism... I've played the game and I'm a big fan of you work I'm also new to the Modding world
They probably won't. The mohawks have no place in the environment.

Obviously the Apaches and Comanches would be smaller thank the USA and Mexico, but they are much easier to conquer. What about adding more forts? The USA and Mexico have 3 towns and 3 forts each, versus just 1 town and 2 forts for the Apaches and Comanches. Perhaps adding a fort to each Indian tribe could balance things out. Personally, I really like the map as it is, so please don't make any major changes!

With the map as it is now, you could put an Apache fort to the north of the Training Field or closer to the river, Northwest of Fort Helena (where all the Confederates seem to gather...)

A Comanche fort could be placed by the Training field (west of Taibo Suku'i and near that big rock), or by the river east of Kuhtu (north of Nuetutsi).

I do like the wide open areas of desert (mexico) and plains (Comanches, east of the river) where you sometimes chase outlaws for a full day. Don't fill up the map too much.

Keep up the great work!

It would be nice if the map was made a little bigger, and along with that it would be very nice if there were more "neutral" places meaning that they don't belong to countries. I think it'd be nice if there were some Confederate camps in the areas far from the main cities and villages.

Wait, who's the original developer? Because I never saw an official announcement that it's dead and people still discuss the mod. (which is good)

Captured Joe said:
Official Announcement in this thread

More clearly, the original developers no longer work on this mod.
But, as you can read on the second page of the linked thread, Yellowmosquito (the main 1866mod developer) has handed over some stuff of his mod to Gabrilduro, who uses it for his '1860s Old America' mod for WB.
maybe a moderator could sticky a thread titled "OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS MOD IS DEAD", then lock it.  then in the thread state something like:  "feel free to discuss the mod and/or period, but please stop asking about updates".

Oh I see then, well I also say that this is probably the most "finished" mod I've ever seen, who knows maybe a modder with nothing to do comes along and decides to continue the mod? :grin:

Robert E. Lee said:
Oh I see then, well I also say that this is probably the most "finished" mod I've ever seen
Agreed on that.

who knows maybe a modder with nothing to do comes along and decides to continue the mod? :grin:
Someone did.
Gabrilduro is going to use stuff from this mod in his '1860s Old America' mod for WB, which will therefore some kind of succession of this mod.

Oh wait, I already said that?

Back
Top Bottom