New to modelling, armor Is invisible in game

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
I have generated the Tpac files etc in the editor After opening and exporting from blender, but my armor appears invisible in game?

Not really sure what I’m doing wrong, I’ve tried a few times, even tried just exporting armor to blender from the game and importing it back and the same thing happens.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Someone finally figured it out.
I extracted form Tpac as .dae and set to rigged.
Then I DO NOT import the full body model to use as reference as it also imports a skeleton which conflicts with my .dae file, even if you delete the skeleton it still causes errors, just a general error from having 2 skeletons present and connected. (at least that’s how it was explained to me)
So:
Extract from Tpac as .dae setting on rigged, make edits I want, change skeleton name by adding “_not used” and also in the submenu of “human_skeleton” change the other “human_skeleton” by adding “
“_not used” to that too.
Change the name of the helm so it doesn’t conflict.
Export as .fbx file to my mod folder under assetsources.
Open mod tools and import assets.
Create item in .xml and Change name of the “mesh” in .xml to the name of the file that appears in the mod tools (not the fbx, the name I changed the helm to in blender).

Seems obvious now, everyone was telling me to import the male body skeleton as well as exporting as .dae from Tpac.
I think maybe they haven’t used the latest version or something but basically it was down to having 2 Skeletons on the model which it couldn’t handle so when you reach the game I guess it doesn’t know what to do and doesn’t show anything? Not really sure.

I had tried the .dae before on its own but I think I exported it as static which didn’t work.
Glad you got there. :smile:

BTW @John_M 's documentation advised the _not_used renaming.

Upvote 0
Someone finally figured it out.
I extracted form Tpac as .dae and set to rigged.
Then I DO NOT import the full body model to use as reference as it also imports a skeleton which conflicts with my .dae file, even if you delete the skeleton it still causes errors, just a general error from having 2 skeletons present and connected. (at least that’s how it was explained to me)
So:
Extract from Tpac as .dae setting on rigged, make edits I want, change skeleton name by adding “_not used” and also in the submenu of “human_skeleton” change the other “human_skeleton” by adding “
“_not used” to that too.
Change the name of the helm so it doesn’t conflict.
Export as .fbx file to my mod folder under assetsources.
Open mod tools and import assets.
Create item in .xml and Change name of the “mesh” in .xml to the name of the file that appears in the mod tools (not the fbx, the name I changed the helm to in blender).

Seems obvious now, everyone was telling me to import the male body skeleton as well as exporting as .dae from Tpac.
I think maybe they haven’t used the latest version or something but basically it was down to having 2 Skeletons on the model which it couldn’t handle so when you reach the game I guess it doesn’t know what to do and doesn’t show anything? Not really sure.

I had tried the .dae before on its own but I think I exported it as static which didn’t work.
Hey,

I have similar problem as you - my model is invisible both in model viewer and in game (it was crashing too upon equipping it + empty item icon).

As I understood, the problem you faced was the exported Rigg from Tpac Tool that was causing problems?

I export mine (from tpac) as .dae, Type Rigged and then I export (from 3ds max) by having Rigg and skinned items selected (..and _notused suffix at root dummy object and 1st root bone).
I don't understand the part with two skeletons.. did you import body and head into your software to get two?

Upvote 0
Hey,

I have similar problem as you - my model is invisible both in model viewer and in game (it was crashing too upon equipping it + empty item icon).

As I understood, the problem you faced was the exported Rigg from Tpac Tool that was causing problems?

I export mine (from tpac) as .dae, Type Rigged and then I export (from 3ds max) by having Rigg and skinned items selected (..and _notused suffix at root dummy object and 1st root bone).
I don't understand the part with two skeletons.. did you import body and head into your software to get two?
I honestly don’t remember as it was a while ago now, it was something to do with importing 2 skeletons by accident and then exporting both as I didn’t know what I was doing at the time

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom