New system of military formations

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone, I need help. In patch 1.7.0, a new system of formations was introduced, now you need to choose a formation and captains before the battle, it's very convenient, BUT! Let's say I have 10 warriors with a shield and a sword and ten warriors with a two-handed sword, how do I make them split into two squads correctly. They all belong to melee, I create a second squad, also melee, I start moving the sliders and the wars in the two squads are mixed. Previously, I could assign a figure to the squad before the battle, but now it has been canceled and it's just a disaster, warriors with shields should go in the first line, and I have mixed. Maybe I didn't notice something? Thanks

There's little icons when you go to add to another group, you click them to give a preference to what you are sending, like one is for shield I think, you could click it and send mostly shield to one group and leave the 2 handers in group 1.

There's little icons when you go to add to another group, you click them to give a preference to what you are sending, like one is for shield I think, you could click it and send mostly shield to one group and leave the 2 handers in group 1.
I tried to sort out these little icons. I have only two warriors with two-handed swords in my squad right now and they cannot be separated into a separate squad. There is no small icon with two-handed swords. I tried to make the first squad an icon with a shield, but it doesn't help. Apparently it doesn't work on such small groups
There is another disadvantage in this approach - often I have recruits in the army and I want to pump them on looters, before I could select all the recruits to a group and push them into battle only. I understand that this is a bit stupid, but now it will be more difficult for small-level troops to gain experience in battles, because more experienced troops (for example, with throwing weapons) will take all the experience

I tried to sort out these little icons. I have only two warriors with two-handed swords in my squad right now and they cannot be separated into a separate squad. There is no small icon with two-handed swords. I tried to make the first squad an icon with a shield, but it doesn't help. Apparently it doesn't work on such small groups
There is another disadvantage in this approach - often I have recruits in the army and I want to pump them on looters, before I could select all the recruits to a group and push them into battle only. I understand that this is a bit stupid, but now it will be more difficult for small-level troops to gain experience in battles, because more experienced troops (for example, with throwing weapons) will take all the experience
Yeah I used to do the same thing with separating all the recruit or low level troops form fully cooked ones and sending them to level on bandits.
There's a hot fix coming Monday maybe they will add something about this.

I tested a little in custom battle. The opportunity to choose a formation before the battle begins with 21 people in the squad. I chose two types of troops with shields (battanian picked warrior, battanian wilding) and two types of troops with two-handed swords and polearm weapons (falx. Before the battle, I clicked on a small icon with a shield and the warriors were divided correctly into two squads.
But there are two problems:
1) I can't check what will happen if, for example, there will be much more warriors with shields than warriors without shields, whether the units will be divided correctly. The features of custom battle do not allow me to do this
2) I need to divide the warriors as accurately as possible every time, for example, the screenshot (https://postimg.cc/CRpjWFnn) shows that I made two divisions of 15 by 5, I have 10 warriors with shields and 10 warriors without shields. And it is clear that the warriors without a shield moved to the first line to the warriors with a shield. It turns out that I need to cut off warriors without shields very accurately every time with the slider before the battle

Back
Top Bottom