New statement, when?

Users who are viewing this thread

What I'm referring to is what was said in the One Year Recap post regarding their upcoming statement.

And finally, we have a message for those of you that have been following development a little more avidly throughout early access and are more interested in where the game is heading rather than the path it has taken. We felt that trying to squeeze such a big discussion into this particular post would have detracted from both topics, and ultimately, we wouldn’t have been able to give it the attention and respect that it deserves. As such, we decided that we would discuss some of the future plans for the game in a follow-up post in the near future.

Any ideas when this will occur?

Communication is the most important.... not knowing what to expect is what bothers me the most, not the fact that improvements are slow to come.
They could learn a thing or two from companies like Paradox, which have a weekly dev diary. Some weeks its very small, other weeks its a lot to read, but its almost always there.

My guess on that would be that we see something around 1.6 rather than on the upcoming 1.5.10.
But nevertheless, I hope that we hear something SIGNIFICANT sooner rather than later.

It's strange not only that they moved 1.5.9 to stable without releasing a new beta but especially that 1.5.9 has continued to be patched for weeks and it seems, anecdotally, to be the least "stable" stable ever to bear the designation. Maybe they are planning a big jump to a 1.6?

It's fair to assume that once Battle Terrain System and Keep Battles roll to update, they will make a follow up statement. Those are pretty big features they promised to deliver on their previous devlog.

Near future*
How near is it? That's the problem here, it doesn't really mean near, it's just a convenient soothing word.
It's fair to assume that once Battle Terrain System and Keep Battles roll to update, they will make a follow up statement. Those are pretty big features they promised to deliver on their previous devlog.
Don't hold your breath. I'm particularly skeptical about the battle maps.
It's fair to assume that the keep battles will be done at some point, but this has nothing to do with a big statement that may or may not come shortly after.

Don't hold your breath. I'm particularly skeptical about the battle maps.
It's fair to assume that the keep battles will be done at some point, but this has nothing to do with a big statement that may or may not come shortly after.

Why not ? Once they reached this "milestone" they can open up their PR again. Sounds realistic to me, whether it could happen in the next update or not is another story. To be honest I'll start to be skeptical for the near future is this update coming "this week" ( quoting Mexxico on that ) doesn't fix or add anything substantial at all.
I'm not here to freely bash them in every occasions, the reasoning above seems pragmatic enough to me.

Why not ? Once they reached this "milestone" they can open up their PR again. Sounds realistic to me, whether it could happen in the next update or not is another story. To be honest I'll start to be skeptical for the near future is this update coming "this week" ( quoting Mexxico on that ) doesn't fix or add anything substantial at all.
I'm not here to freely bash them in every occasions, the reasoning above seems pragmatic enough to me.
Why yes? They obviously don't want to issue far-reaching statements that are commitments, possibly impossible for them to meet. This is based on their past behavior, and I expect them to keep delaying decisions like this.
Let's wait and see.

The fact that we're excited and thinking of keep battles as a major feature is quite weird when put into context. You know, Armagan probably did that in a weekend 10 years ago so why is it even taking so long now? And why wasn't this there to begin with lol.

The fact that we're excited and thinking of keep battles as a major feature is quite weird when put into context. You know, Armagan probably did that in a weekend 10 years ago so why is it even taking so long now? And why wasn't this there to begin with lol.
It's hard to say. Probably weapons are hitting the walls too often in keep fights and they try to solve this, but fail.
Duh even mentioned they are working on this for months and progress is "ongoing". Why is this so hard, Taleworlds?

Back
Top Bottom