Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humlenerd

Knight at Arms
Well, say what you mean, should the EU server use another map for the sake of the mod, or should we keep the map?
All I have to say is that the amount of players have dropped by 50% since we changed to "New Spain".

Humlenerd said:
Well, say what you mean, should the EU server use another map for the sake of the mod, or should we keep the map?
All I have to say is that the amount of players have dropped by 50% since we changed to "New Spain".

The map has been set on the server yesterday.
We can't really know if that's the cause of the problems.

Anyway, we're open for every suggestions.
This poll will probably help use.

Humlenerd said:

What did you think would happen when you put an unfinished map on a server. Constant resets and bugs/Glitches etc. come with a map in the process of creation.  EUs fault since they decided to put it on. That's why NA is on frontier till beta3 (when map should be polished)

SirKnightSK said:
Humlenerd said:

What did you think would happen when you put an unfinished map on a server. Constant resets and bugs/Glitches etc. come with a map in the process of creation.  EUs fault since they decided to put it on. That's why NA is on frontier till beta3 (when map should be polished)
We should do the same.

Mustang678 said:
Can we just get a third server for the beta testing of these maps?
Excactly! This  map has tons of faults, for example the colonists-spawn where you'll get murdered when spawning if it's a raid. Also, the server has only ~50 players now. Can a map-change really make thing any worse? This map has killed half of the player base!
I'm playing on the NA server till the EU server changes map again  :cry:

Humlenerd said:
Mustang678 said:
Excactly! This  map has tons of faults, for example the colonists-spawn where you'll get murdered when spawning if it's a raid. Also, the server has only ~50 players now. Can a map-change really make thing any worse? This map has killed half of the player base!

We're currently going to put an update of the map for tomorrow.
The map will be changed after few days of tests if the results is most of people dislike it.
You current thread is really helpful to us, the poll would have been better if it was 2 options.
Anyway, thanks for telling us your opinion about the EU server, we'll do our best to keep it enjoyable for the majority of the community.

Humlenerd said:
Mustang678 said:

Well if the EU admin staff would have just let us test it on our testing map, as we continue to do, instead of putting it up there wouldn't have been any issue. Switch back to the frontier map. Things will continue to change for the New Spain map as Venezia and I work and play with it and the final version will not be released until Beta 3 is out.

i think some of the player fell off because. everyone kept attacking the colonist, and killing them in the spawn. I thought the factions needed the colonists. The damn british soldiers spawn on that ****ing hill and its impossible to take. The mine is too far from the settlement. The dock is undefendable from outlaws.

Why do admins want to keep this map? Is it something magical? Most people don't want it, but you still try to defend it. Its horrible, nearly no faction is conquering anymore as its pain to get from point A to B, this map really sucks, I hope the update fixed this because if not, I can't keep playing on EU, I will probably switch to NA. Having 170 ping is better than having a ****ty map like New Spain.

It is very unfinished.

On the negative side:
Especially the broken barriers irritate me the most, also there is no way for colonists to get iron.
The vein close to them depletes instantly.
There is also a native faction without process wood table.
Paths are kinda unclear and dont really look like paths.

On the positive side:
Moving bridges are epic.
Lots of detail is put into it.
Map looks nice.

GoldenEagle said:
Why do admins want to keep this map? Is it something magical? Most people don't want it, but you still try to defend it. Its horrible, nearly no faction is conquering anymore as its pain to get from point A to B, this map really sucks, I hope the update fixed this because if not, I can't keep playing on EU, I will probably switch to NA. Having 170 ping is better than having a ****ty map like New Spain.

We're absolutely not defending it.
The thing is the map has been voted, 50% for New Spaun and 33% for Frontier.
Since players seems to have changed their minds about the map, we're seriously considering your opignion and your wish to change back to Frontier.

Please, keep mind that admins are on your side.
We're here to make the game more enjoyable for you,
we react in function of what the majority of the community think.

Frontier is still the best and most finished.

The other two have potential but need quite a bit of work.

Also, frontier could be improved on but I think the owner doesnt have the time now. I think the british mine could be expanded on as that is where a lot of the action is. Also, it needs to bring the chest back in the colony! That was the most interesting bit.

GoldenEagle said:

You really need to stop flaming the map as it is a great map just needs terrain tweaking etc. Every single one of your posts is just a flame post and contains no constructive criticism.

Bristol said:
GoldenEagle said:

You really need to stop flaming the map as it is a great map just needs terrain tweaking etc. Every single one of your posts is just a flame post and contains no constructive criticism.

Too bad, go and cry in a corner.

Ra'Jiska said:
GoldenEagle said:

Since players seems to have changed their minds about the map, we're seriously considering your opignion and your wish to change back to Frontier.

Thanks, nice to know! :grin:

GoldenEagle said:
Ra'Jiska said:
GoldenEagle said:

Thanks, nice to know! :grin:

No problems.
I think this poll is going to make all the idfference.

Ra'Jiska said:
GoldenEagle said:

You mean the poll  that was started before anyone played the map? My entire regiment disliked the map in its current staye, and many players do too. Changing it back should be fite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom