New skills and powers

Users who are viewing this thread

I apologize if this has been mentioned/addressed elsewhere...

Regarding entertaining, I have just a couple of questions.

1.) Does your reputation with the Town have any effect on success and/or rewards? If not, I think that should be a factor. If you're in your capital city and make a speech, and you have a reputation above 40, it would make sense to have this affect the acceptance of your speeches. Also a small boost to the chance of gaining Right to Rule.

2.) Does persuasion have an effect on entertaining? I think it makes good sense to have this work in your favor. If you are very persuasive -and- entertaining, when making a speech, I believe that would greatly affect the outcome of your results. (I saw that this was mentioned in this thread, but if you have a little more specific information on how persuasion affects entertainment, I'd appreciate it  :grin:)

If either of these are untrue, I would be happy to move this to the suggestions thread. Historically speaking, leaders who are both persuasive and entertaining have had a profound affect on their constituents. (Think what people like Hitler and Martin Luther King Jr. could do with mere words) - Please don't take Hitler out of context. Evil? Perhaps...Effective? He turned an entire country into a frenzied mob who thought genocide was the right thing to do!

Thanks for your time! Keep up the great work!

Hi, just downloaded and watched a youtube video on the mod.

My question is does power throw increase the damage of thrown magic or is that just for mundane weapons?

Thanks for the mod.

Been reading more and found the answer. Thanks.

I was wondering at what point does the game compile your magic strength?

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) but the cumulative affect of robes, hats, and staff, enhance your magic power against your enemies.

However, if you take these things off after the battle has started does your magic strength decline accordingly?

For that matter, if you cast a spell of fireball or shield and it removes the item in their respective slots; have you lost the magic enhancement of a staff if it was in that slot?

I'm trying to play a battlemage type character but I kinda need the armor.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
I'm trying to play a battlemage type character but I kinda need the armor.

There are a few armors that don't negate (but don't add much) to magical ability, check here, under Enhanced Magic:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276440.0.html

There are also some with a middle ground, mail shirts, I agree we could use a few more armor types though just for varieties sake across the board. Mage gear and warrior/mage gear, but I wouldn't want the balance to change too much.

It stops you playing a full warrior AND full mage. If I put on archmage gear I am getting a bonus 31 to magic (not including the staff). If you want to be more of a mage but still with some warrior abilities, I recommend the healing ring and vampiric sword, far from the best sword in the game it is still good, and will heal you every hit, and it'll put you in the thick with your troops. If you add some faith (even if you don't plan to be a full cleric) just for the emergency heals or cursing the enemy, you won't go down much with archmage gear on. The healers ring helps too, and a unicorn regeneration helps even more, that way armor is less of a concern (all this takes many levels to achieve however). You could instead go for the really high armored horse and an additional 12 armor on gauntlets but I do prefer the extra healing when trying to be a true mage/warrior hybrid.

Your other option is to use even more armored gear, twilight armor, with less magic bonus gear. Which makes you more melee or cleric, less mage, but still with mage options. So you can tweak your build to suit, that's one of the things I LOVE about this mod :smile:

I am not sure on the staff bonus, I always assumed as long as it's in your equipped slots, like the gear then you get the bonus, as every spell takes it out of your hand almost.

If I could ask for anything else, and I know I offer a lot of suggestions but that's merely excitement at loving this mod :smile: It'd be some weapon that drains or recharges mana while equipped, maybe something I could use instead of a shield (very low coverage 1 but very high durability so it doesn't break mid game easily), forcing me to choose a shield or the extra mana.

A Swadian Lord walks in the room, dressed in decent mail armor, and a hard helmet, made of fine steel.

when is this mod gonna get updated? I've been waiting for an entire year! It could have at least, some bug fixes? Or a tiny bit more dialogue? Oh, and i've been getting morale problems cuz there are nord units hiding within my ranks somewhere, but i don't know where they are, or who they are.

jl0905 said:
A Swadian Lord walks in the room, dressed in decent mail armor, and a hard helmet, made of fine steel.

when is this mod gonna get updated? I've been waiting for an entire year! It could have at least, some bug fixes? Or a tiny bit more dialogue? Oh, and i've been getting morale problems cuz there are nord units hiding within my ranks somewhere, but i don't know where they are, or who they are.

Check out the Currently working out forum : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,279776.0.html

There are  A LOT of new features

jl0905 said:

I once had the same problem. Except with Swadians amongst my Nord ranks!

On the note of new skills and powers: What shall we call the next update? The Awakening, The Resurgence, Holy Wars, or maybe War of the Gods? I mean with all the new skills/powers coming into play I feel like calling it .numbersomething would be doing it a disservice :wink:

Phantasy Calradia: The Shattering Rebirth of the Old World: The Next Generation: Ghost Protocol: Revengance.

Bound to be good.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it's regarding the deactivated spell Diamond Skin. Was just thinking if it was possible to implement it by increasing the armour of the caster to something suitably high? I guess you wouldn't be invinsible, but the damage you take should be reduced significantly.
Just a thought, I don't know if it would be doable/efficient. :smile:

Ulvebane said:
I wasn't sure where to put this, but it's regarding the deactivated spell Diamond Skin. Was just thinking if it was possible to implement it by increasing the armour of the caster to something suitably high? I guess you wouldn't be invinsible, but the damage you take should be reduced significantly.
Just a thought, I don't know if it would be doable/efficient. :smile:

Armor values cannot be modified while on missions (while running around scenes). I have made the code work by doing some funky-fancy coding. It still needs some testing, but so far it doesn't look bad.
What it does is that it practically makes the caster invulnerable to damage for a few seconds.

SmurfInHell said:
jl0905 said:

I once had the same problem. Except with Swadians amongst my Nord ranks!

On the note of new skills and powers: What shall we call the next update? The Awakening, The Resurgence, Holy Wars, or maybe War of the Gods? I mean with all the new skills/powers coming into play I feel like calling it .numbersomething would be doing it a disservice :wink:

Hm, a name for the update...
THE..
the..
poo.
THE POOPOO!

I'd really like a Vampire quest line/option. Basically be a middle ground between staying human and becoming a full Lich. Maybe throw in a few abilities that are like anti-paladin spells, such as Drink Blood instead Lay On Hands, and fewer penalties when interacting with the living because you can "pass" as human. Thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, this should be in a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom