New skills and powers

Users who are viewing this thread

LazySteve said:
They are upgrade-able because YOU changed the code, at most times, like Nosture said, they are just fodder that clogs up your party space, try fighting any lord (of the regular factions aswell) with just 250 zombies/skeletons, they will just get trampled in seconds.
Secondly, making such a complicated class system might be easy on paper but it's actually a very hard, complicated process, so you can't expect guspav to just start a process like that based on 1 person's comment
(P.s. the DeathBlow sounds useless, when was ever a battle decided by you killing a single guy? (and almost killing yourself in the process))
a)No, I didn't change it, in my versions there were Zombie Knights riding Nightmares and Skeleton Knights doing the same(actually I used cheats to check the full tree).

b)guspav is most likely to do that for two reasons:
1-He said he wanted a class system
2-This is based heavily on Dungeons&Dragons, but also in Heroes of Might&Magic III and Forgotten Realms, and all three of them have Class Systems.

c)Then we may make Death Blow(this is a theory only), an automatic feature that, does not consume health, and, the higher the Death Knight level, the more often it occurs. Let's say starts with 5% possibility to occur and each level increases it with 1%. Either with a dice roll(like classic D&D). But I feel it must be in.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
LazySteve said:
They are upgrade-able because YOU changed the code, at most times, like Nosture said, they are just fodder that clogs up your party space, try fighting any lord (of the regular factions aswell) with just 250 zombies/skeletons, they will just get trampled in seconds.
Secondly, making such a complicated class system might be easy on paper but it's actually a very hard, complicated process, so you can't expect guspav to just start a process like that based on 1 person's comment
(P.s. the DeathBlow sounds useless, when was ever a battle decided by you killing a single guy? (and almost killing yourself in the process))
a)No, I didn't change it, in my versions there were Zombie Knights riding Nightmares and Skeleton Knights doing the same(actually I used cheats to check the full tree).

b)guspav is most likely to do that for two reasons:
1-He said he wanted a class system
2-This is based heavily on Dungeons&Dragons, but also in Heroes of Might&Magic III and Forgotten Realms, and all three of them have Class Systems.

c)Then we may make Death Blow(this is a theory only), an automatic feature that, does not consume health, and, the higher the Death Knight level, the more often it occurs. Let's say starts with 5% possibility to occur and each level increases it with 1%. Either with a dice roll(like classic D&D). But I feel it must be in.
a) Well then you should know that the undead aren't upgrade-able, you can only get zombie knights / skeleton knights with a very high necromancy skill which then requires you to use almost all of your health to summon 10 skeletons/zombies (which only a small part of are knights)
Shadows ARE upgrade-able but summoning them requires even more health for those same 10 troops which is a very risky procedure to do especially in enemy territory (you might get attacked, you'll die in a second).

b) What I meant to say was, you can't just expect him to do it right now just because you said, guspav has his own priority list and he will get to it when he thinks the time is right.

c) To be honest I still wouldn't find it quite useful, a high level character pretty much kills anyone in 1 hit anyway, so what I'd rather see would be a cleave-attack of some sort that would also hurt enemies next to your target.

MasterChaosis said:
Create as many class restrictions would only kill gameplay and fun :wink:

Edit: in new version Faith bar disappeared and I can't use Flame Strike and Heal ability (Paladin, 7 Faith skill level) :sad:
Oops!
My bad, I modified something to the bars code and it was preventing faith from being initialized :grin:
I will upload a hotfix as soon as people find a couple more really urgent bugs.

Since we're discussing necromancy (the only reason I downloaded this mod! Love it! Thanks!), Do the undead consume food units still? If I remember correctly I was running out of food rather quickly yesterday, I'll verify this tonight and see if it's increased with more undead troops.

Also on a side note: Props to whoever mentioned Conquest of Elysium. That game and its counterpart Dominions 3 are some amazing fantasy strategy games.

Ive been playing for a while and I've just realized that I cant use any faith spells. My faith skill is on level 6 now so is not that.
I don't need a spellbook for cleric skills right? Btw I chose paladin class so do I have to "learn" cleric spells? Or do I just get them. I cant open my prayer book with any key. Not sure if it even exists

Oh dammit! I got it from the beginning but when I clicked on a companion I misread and thought that "I would like YOU to follow the ways of magic" (or whatever) simply said "I would like to follow the ways of magic"
So I thought I had to be taught to become a cleric. And so I used the symbol on my companion, who doesnt even have faith skill, so lol. It would be wlrth lvling it up a bit though. Just so they can heal themselves.

At what faith lvl can companions heal?

Is stealth compatible with shield use. I developped the skill shield with kehlti and the drow companions. Am I wrong ?

Xzayler said:
Oh dammit! I got it from the beginning but when I clicked on a companion I misread and thought that "I would like YOU to follow the ways of magic" (or whatever) simply said "I would like to follow the ways of magic"
So I thought I had to be taught to become a cleric. And so I used the symbol on my companion, who doesnt even have faith skill, so lol. It would be wlrth lvling it up a bit though. Just so they can heal themselves.

At what faith lvl can companions heal?
They start healing when their faith reaches a score of 3, at level 1 and 2 they only turn undead.

lesommer said:
Is stealth compatible with shield use. I developped the skill shield with kehlti and the drow companions. Am I wrong ?

Yes it is, stealth is compatible with any shield and armor, just not with horses.

As a newbie necromancer, order of the blazing hand kicks my arse everytime with their some kind of "holy" magic.

First my troops charge in, they can not even scratch their armors with their attacks. Then most of my army gets"purified" by sword. The remaining ones recieve death in an instant (since they are undead, lets say the necromantic essence leaves their rotten flesh) and so do I. Is there any way to counter the blazing hand. Because the dark side feels quite weak that I got defeated even when I have the number advantage. Maybe I just need to sink more into the depths of the dark arts, but can someone point me into the right direction?

I am still exploring this awesomely well made mod and I am at the beginning :smile:

I think the general consensus is that magic users (mages and clerics) need more balancing.  I'd suggest trying to get a bunch of shadow mages or similar and not let your troops close with the Blazing Hand.  Also, depending how you are doing your 'dark side' consider adding orcs or drow or mercs before using necromancy to spam units.

Master Ronin said:
As a newbie necromancer, order of the blazing hand kicks my arse everytime with their some kind of "holy" magic.

First my troops charge in, they can not even scratch their armors with their attacks. Then most of my army gets"purified" by sword. The remaining ones recieve death in an instant (since they are undead, lets say the necromantic essence leaves their rotten flesh) and so do I. Is there any way to counter the blazing hand. Because the dark side feels quite weak that I got defeated even when I have the number advantage. Maybe I just need to sink more into the depths of the dark arts, but can someone point me into the right direction?

I am still exploring this awesomely well made mod and I am at the beginning :smile:

Higher level necromancy allows for summoning of shadows which are on par if not better than Blazing Hand top tier units. That being said even if you do lose half your army, you get it back 50x quicker. Good luck out there on the fields!

I don't fully understand how stealth works. I stab someone with a stealthy weapon from behind when I have points in the stealth skill, and it looks like the same amount of damage as normal.

Epicspencer said:
I don't fully understand how stealth works. I stab someone with a stealthy weapon from behind when I have points in the stealth skill, and it looks like the same amount of damage as normal.
If you do succeed at scoring a sneak attack, a red message will be displayed and you'll cause extra damage. There's a bug in the current version in which you must stay either  mounted or dismounted (just like you were at the beginning of that particular battle) to be able to sneak attack.
Normally, you should only be able to sneak attack if you are on foot.

I stay on foot the whole battle, and it sure looks like I hit from behind, but I'm not getting any kind of red message.

Hey, JW how do I use this entertain skill? want some crazy fans in Wizard tower  :cool: :grin:

Also I believe in Brytonwalda there was a skill for hunting, so im slightly hoping that will be added, I really enjoy the mod so far, I literally made a Forum acc so I could ask questions and hopefully contribute a little bit.

Also maybe their could be a skill for elves called conjuring ( all races could have it but elves get say a start of +3 on it ) where they can summon a(n) animal(s) such as foxes and bucks would be pretty crappy at attacking but eventually you would get Bears and Wolves. And maybe it could depend on where you are so say you are in Sarranid Territory you would get desert critters such as Camels?, and in Vaegir area say Saber toothed Tigers or Snowy owls, and in the area near the coast you could summon seals or sea lions. You get it if you want to add this in you could pick out the creatures lol after all you are the one making it.

Just a thought I hope you can find a way to make it work because this would be the light side of summoning being necromancy is the dark side.

I figured it out nvm, but I failed at casual with level 10 entertainment skill... should that happen??

Starnail said:
"Hey, JW how do I use this entertain skill? want some crazy fans in Wizard tower  :cool: :grin:

Also I believe in Brytonwalda there was a skill for hunting, so im slightly hoping that will be added, I really enjoy the mod so far, I literally made a Forum acc so I could ask questions and hopefully contribute a little bit.

Also maybe their could be a skill for elves called conjuring ( all races could have it but elves get say a start of +3 on it ) where they can summon a(n) animal(s) such as foxes and bucks would be pretty crappy at attacking but eventually you would get Bears and Wolves. And maybe it could depend on where you are so say you are in Sarranid Territory you would get desert critters such as Camels?, and in Vaegir area say Saber toothed Tigers or Snowy owls, and in the area near the coast you could summon seals or sea lions. You get it if you want to add this in you could pick out the creatures lol after all you are the one making it.

Just a thought I hope you can find a way to make it work because this would be the light side of summoning being necromancy is the dark side. "

====
Entertainment is extremely useful, but you will fail about 40% of the time.  I think you need about skill 3 to use it safely, but it still fails at least 1/3rd of the time.  I find the random number generator for fails is not really random enough; if you fail several times in a row your next chance isn't 50/50 you will succeed.  But saying that I usually just keep trying until/unless my morale is below 40.  By 25 you must certainly try "simple" instead of higher choices; getting morale into 16 and under means your best troops leave at midnight.  At skill 5 you can try casual for double the pay && morale; at skill 7 you can try triple pay && morale.  I haven't been charisma == 30 for entertainment 7; I must assume you simply edited the character stats export then imported, so your charisma may have been really low during your test.  But no matter how perfect your stats you will fail every so often.  It also seems like if you play too many days in one spot your rolls get worse; I always ended up moving around every 3rd day.  I tend to play more than fight; I'd prefer for that matter a more economics intensive game so I mostly play to finance businesses in cities, which help offset the large expense of keeping a decent fighting force paid later, even if you don't own any cities etc.

I don't remember hunting skill in Brytenwalda; maybe you're thinking PoP or somesuch.

As for summoning etc -- I personally prefer to see the next update released sooner than later, and don't want 1001 reasons why to delay because some new feature needs debug / playtest.  I'm sure we have 100x more time than Guspav to play balance and test; we just are lazy for feedback.  Less features means sooner release...  As for diplomacy; the entire mod is too much to merge, but from time to time I miss features from Brytenwalda, which I consider near perfection.  Notice the Brytenwalda team got hired for work on BannerLord...  definitely something to it.

I figured it out nvm, but I failed at casual with level 10 entertainment skill... should that happen??

Back
Top Bottom