SP - General [New skill] Professions : Salvage and Armourmaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I like Smithing beeing there but I lack other business-opportunities, namely armor improvment and disassembling.

I think low-tier armor with negative modifiers should be void worth(what trader would buy a looter-sweat-stained Linen shirt?!). To make it worth anything, it should be repaired or dissassembled.

[Feature request: Ranked modifiers. Removing a T3 negative modifier should replace it with it´s T2 variant]
[Feature request: More modifiers, positive and negative]
[Feature request: Let negative modifiers have a very significant price-malus - Maybe as big as 80-90% for T3]

SALVAGE(Social?)
It´s all about improving and disassembling armours. It uses something alike Smithing interface and works simelar to it. Option is available in all fiefs

Perks:
  • Reduce the tradegoods-cost for removing
  • Increase the output for dissassembling
  • Unlocks working with higher tier modifiers

Hi!

I like Smithing beeing there but I lack other business-opportunities, namely armor improvment and disassembling.

I think low-tier armor with negative modifiers should be void worth(what trader would buy a looter-sweat-stained Linen shirt?!). To make it worth anything, it should be repaired or dissassembled.

[Feature request: Ranked modifiers. Removing a T3 negative modifier should replace it with it´s T2 variant]
[Feature request: More modifiers, positive and negative]
[Feature request: Let negative modifiers have a very significant price-malus - Maybe as big as 80-90% for T3]

SALVAGE(Social?)
It´s all about improving and disassembling armours. It uses something alike Smithing interface and works simelar to it. Option is available in all fiefs

Perks:
  • Reduce the tradegoods-cost for removing
  • Increase the output for dissassembling
  • Unlocks working with higher tier modifiers
+1

a good smith should remove (or repair) a negative modifier. This could be done by a character with a high smithing level or by paying a smith in a town. This way you can upgrade a weapon (or armor) by paying a smith to apply a positive modifier.

+1

a good smith should remove (or repair) a negative modifier. This could be done by a character with a high smithing level or by paying a smith in a town. This way you can upgrade a weapon (or armor) by paying a smith to apply a positive modifier.

Yes, but should a smith handle light armour pieces? so I think instead of making 2 identical "smithing" skill trees for smithing and Armourmaking, we make the latter into a general refinement skill. Ideally rifining a sword is a smithing skill but atm I don't feel like boosting OP smithing skill :smile:

My idea is to have this skill as an enabler for making bandit-hunting a viable option not early-game a bit into mid-game. They drop broken unmaintained crap but spending time and tradegoods on them can turn into something usable, or return it into dradegoods.

When the skill is on high-tier, it can apply very nice modifiers to high-tier armour.

Optimally, it can also change the visuals of the armour. Make that "superior T6 chain-mail" look like a mail worthy of your Emperor :smile:

Back
Top Bottom