New Settlements - what do they do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Saxon1974

Veteran
So I'm finding lots of places like Monasteries, Armories etc...but in all of them when I talk to them they say something like "What can I do for you?" and only response is "Nothing-thanks".

Are these not complete yet or do I need to do something to use them?

I think they are there to provide an additional income bonus to the settlement they are attached to. If you own a city you can build one yourself, if there hasn't been built one already.

ah thanks

Some of them are quite nice. Too bad there is no reason to enter them.

Why dialog at all if its pointless?

Saxon1974 said:
ah thanks

Some of them are quite nice. Too bad there is no reason to enter them.

Why dialog at all if its pointless?

to upgrade it to a fortified manor
to collect your taxes
to set taxes to goods or gold
to fight bandits if the manor is infested by them

Ok thanks drThomas.

I don't own a village yet. Once I have ownership of a village that is where I can upgrade to fortified manor?

Is the village where I can fortify preset when I start a game or based on the first village I own?

Yes, once you are the lord of a village you can upgrade it to a fortified manor. Could be that you have to build a regional manor first if the village doesn't already has one - and from that regional manor near your village you can create a fortified manor. No, it is not present when you start the game but I don't know if this is valid for the option at game start 'whom do you want to serve', where you can choose the faction you want to serve from the very beginning. However, if you own a village or some villages either as lord or king you can upgrade 1 of them into a fortified manor. Doesn't necessarily have to be the first village you got awarded.

Back
Top Bottom