NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

Users who are viewing this thread

Leifdin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hi everyone! Here is new test release: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B051nyWTKgRdY3BQMzRUdDI5enM
If you'd like to help testing, feel free to download and play. Thanks to Kirkusmaximus and Androme1, this is much more polished that it would be, so you should be able to get relatively smooth playing experience.

What is new:
-overhauled troops - should be balanced now, at least roughly
-overhauled bandits - now there are more difficult bandit encounters on harder difficulties
-new recruit system - t1 to t3 are peasant recruits, t4 to t6 are mercenary recruits, t7 are veteran recruits; t5 and higher units require either affiliation, mercenary chapterhouse or both
-new abilities - field surgeon and drill sergeant
-new quest - fight in a duel
-game should be  much harder on hard and very hard difficulty  - bandits are more difficult, you get slightly less loot, there are fewer recruits available, etc

What needs to be looked at:
-troops, obviously
-items - there are many changes, so there may be very imbalanced weapons or armors
-overall difficulty - is the game too easy or too difficult?

You can send your feedback here, or to my Github:
https://github.com/Leifdin/Silverstag
If you have feedback or bug report  concerning changes I've done in this release, please post them here. If you have bug reports from earlier releases, please create Github ticket.

I receive a

"WSE ERROR on operation face_keys_set_face_texture: invalid register -1; Line NO: 27;
At script [1188] doghotel_combat_loop
At script [1188] doghotel_combat_loop
At script [1188] doghotel_combat_loop"

spamfest when using brainy bots. No errors with brainy bots off. Just a heads up if someone wants to use it.

I've been wondering if archers having no melee weapon is by choice? It seems there are quite the number of them. As it stands currently by default if the archer finishes his arrows he will run into melee and try punching people in the face due to reassignment.

Jaymyyed Voulgier gives the following error message while looked at in reference material:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 20:
At Script [884] trees_stamp_requirement_info.

Rhodok Pikeman - Savagery gives a 0% bonus
Rhodok Ranger - Has no horse archer points

Is it okay that the Rhodoks lost most of their board shields they are known for? I feel their Hedge knight needs a side arm and board shield to really be representative of the style. On a related note, is it ok to let the vaegir's not have a tier 7 archer?

I've been wondering if archers having no melee weapon is by choice? It seems there are quite the number of them. As it stands currently by default if the archer finishes his arrows he will run into melee and try punching people in the face due to reassignment.
Yes, it is intended. I'll have to set default re-assignment to disabled.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 20:
At Script [884] trees_stamp_requirement_info.
Strange, this script has nothing to do with party ID. Are you sure it's not trees_stamp_ability_info?

Rhodok Pikeman - Savagery gives a 0% bonus
That's quite strange, the bonus should never be 0%. This was probably just a typo in visual display, I may have fixed it.

Is it okay that the Rhodoks lost most of their board shields they are known for? I feel their Hedge knight needs a side arm and board shield to really be representative of the style.
Did they? They have I4 Vanguard, perhaps they could use higher tier shield unit. However, they are less shielded units through all factions.

On a related note, is it ok to let the vaegir's not have a tier 7 archer?
Yes - as you probably noticed, tier 7 units require veteran recruits, tier 6 generally not. This is a huge advantage. He also has a very powerful bow which isn't accounted for due to tier system limitations.

Thanks for your work.
i wish you good luck to solve the tournament's weapons bug :grin: because nobody have weapon except me and my companion. Easy win but not funny :smile:
The 1h sword is invisible.
Error (tpe design): An invalid item type (normal type weapon) is detected.

I think vaegir peasant is perhaps too powerful with their throw weapons, some vikings fall against a group of them :grin:

I got some RGL Warning :
Couldn't load "Textures\helm_tyrk_detali_b.dds

So this is rather bizarre, but I went to Praven, talked to Guild Master, took the new "duel quest", was informed I need to defeat those 10 fighters and then went to the Arena... Which wasn't there.

It appears that in Praven at least, the Overhaul Arena is missing. I checked what happens if I set it to Native Arena, and then it works perfectly, but if I set it to the Overhaul Arena, instead I spawn in a field with every fighter right next to me along with the usual battle chest and the Arena master aswell.

I think the Arena switching script could be at fault, as I even copied the "scn_town_X_arena_alternate.sci" files over from a previous release (0.26), and it still caused the same issue.

On further testing I saw that it's not always the same field, sometimes its hills, etc so the game clearly hands it over to the random battlefield selector script. Went over to Suno, same issue.

I imagine this would have been mentioned before what with Duels being a big part of this release, so it's probably an isolated issue, though I'm not sure what to make of it or how to fix it, as WSE_log.txt didn't provide any error messages or the like.

Any ideas?

Indeed. That is quite interesting. Does it happen in tournaments, too? And what about original Silverstag? It may have been issue there as well.

Just to test it, I restarted the computer with UAC disabled, and this time the Arena appeared, however, this seems to have opened a whole new box of worms, as while being in the arena I can see people run around fighting on horses with various weapons, etc, if I actually join the tournament, I'm the only one who spawns with a weapon.

I think I saw one of the other characters put away a shield, but there were no horses (In Suno, where with my settings there certainly should have been at least a few people on horses).
Also, on the second and third round I spawned with what I think was an invisible sword. The range and animation definitely suggested a sword, but there was no mesh (and/or texture) available for it.
If it helps, this time around I did get WSE spam a quick block of errors, which I'm almost certain is it having an issue with giving the NPCs weapons. Oddly however, when looking at the wse_log.txt just now, I discovered it didn't actually show any of the errors I encountered during gameplay (they were something along the lines of "couldn't find (normal weapon)".

What WSE version do I have to use for this to work? Currently I'm using WSE v4.3.3 for mb 1.168. Stuff like character creation is clearly modded but there's big empty landmasses for example under Rhodok lands, which are properly modded things not loading properly :/
So yeah, any help with the installation would be appreciated.

EDIT: ok so I think I got confused because the loading screen and the main menu are both from Vanilla and I though the mod wasn't loading properly. Everything seems to be working just fine for now however I'm confused about the extra empty space on the map and the lack of tier 8, 9 or 10 troops while their columns are still present in the troop tree view.

The empty map space is allocated for future factions.

There will be an upgrade system in next releases - each unit will have veteran and elite counterpart, each one tier higher than previous one.

Hey there,

I love the new troop trees!
Don't know where to post bugs, so I will post them here:
- After completing the quest where you should kill bandits given by your advisor in a town, a script can't be triggered - script is called something with consequences
- Tourmanent weapons & horses don't work, only a spear or shield and club work for the player if you randomize your equipment (makes it very easy because hits with the fist don't deal damage/maximum 1 damage
- The greatsword & claymore have better thrust than swing damage - intended?
- prices are very high, especially if you order a weapon
- bandits begin to spread like hell later on (example: at Uxkhal there's a forest where bandits set up a camp, usually it respawns 10 seconds after you destroyed the last one) + 200 men bandit parties
- helmet_tyrk_a/details.dds can't be loaded (I think it's the name) - happens especially at the beginning of fights with bandits
- some Ladies & Lords don't wear Clothing, only underwear

And I got a few questions:
- Are you planning to use the latest WSE version?
- Why is the Oathbound system not continued but this new version is out? There are now 3 versions (v 0.27.2, 0.26 and 0.30.2 - why?)
- Are you working in team with Windyplains? I'm a bit confused because I never saw that more then one works on the mod.

Sry for the wall of text. And thanks for this version. :grin:

Thank you for your feedback.

- Are you planning to use the latest WSE version?
Probably no - I only found it on some Russain forums and I don't speak Russian.

- Why is the Oathbound system not continued but this new version is out? There are now 3 versions (v 0.27.2, 0.26 and 0.30.2 - why?)
Windy worked on Oathbound, while I worked on new troops/items. He went inactive quite some time ago, so I decided to go ahead and release my changes as 0.30.2 - it's straight to 30 because I hope to finally polish troop system and items.

I've been running through the new release.

Light War Bows have no Power Draw requirement, which makes Short Bows and Nomad Bows unattractive.

Gameplay-wise, I had an Elite Courser hit for 60 damage by a rock, and my rider hit for 48.  That seems a bit extreme, especially thrown by Looters.

I virtually cannot damage heavy-armoured troops in melee, with 2 Power Strike and the Light axe that does 21 Piercing (with 6 Strength, that's a decent weapon).  Actually, it's hard to damage them with a full charge on horseback, I get a lot of glancing blows for zero damage.  I don't know whether this is intentional, because I understand that there was meant to be a change, but it is certainly different.

I'll also leave a quest error with the understanding you have said you cannot address them yet.  If I help plant a Field of Grain and then get the Tools event, instead of my Engineer's name being on the reports screen when planting after delivering the tools ('Artimmenner reports that we are 11 days ahead of schedule', etc) I get a text string about the last book a party member read, in place of his name.  It doesn't seem to affect the completion of the quest, but some register is being overwritten, I guess.  And the error:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2322: Invalid Troop ID: -1; Line No: 1:
At Menu [279] menu_qp5_craftsman_knowledge_progress.

Cheers and good luck.  I admit I'm more interested in the gameplay additions Windyplains was into, but balance is necessary to a gameworld as well.

edit:

Amended with a few more observations:

Highland footwear may be given the right armour ratings, but they are incredibly heavy at 3 and 5 weight.

The Caravan Guard line of robes are nice... maybe a little too nice?  They're great wear for the lower strength/dexterity characters by all means, but they are effectively a top-end medium armour at the weight of a light armour, and not too expensive either.

There is a Woolen Hose with Kneecops (Kneecaps?) at 15 armour and 1 weight for cheap, and an identical one for expensive.  I guess the cheap one is in by mistake.

I do not see the 'Multicultural' ability in this build.

Please change the spelling of the word to 'Sergeant', or even 'Serjeant'.  'Drill Sargeant' hurts my eyes.  :lol:

More of a personal view than a bug report but some of the bandits seem a bit too skilled with ranged weapons for my taste.  Getting one-shot while dodging semirandomly at high speed on a horse is something that should happen once in a blue moon if at all.  Since it happens more often, I assume the bandit weapon proficiencies were increased, but maybe a bit much?  I know that's hard to gauge.

I have started a Vaegir playthrough and this is what I have come across so far:

-When I joined a feast some Lords and one Lady were naked:
  Lady Tabath
  Boyar Nelag, Kumipa, Belgaru, Harish, Harish, Valishin, Vlan (probably a cloth the Boyars wear?)

-In the recruitment menu
  I2 Vaegir Spearman has a ranged rating while A2 Vaegir Bowman does not. I think you have swapped
  their descriptions by mistake.

-Armor Shop
  Some helmets' icons are upside down. The ones I have spotted so far are:
  Royal Desert Helmet
  Grandmaster Helmet
  Helmet with Turban
  Elite Desert Helmet

- "WarHorse".. You forgot the space in between "War Horse".

-Apart from the "Drill Sargeant" there is also a "Sargeant Gambeson" that needs its spelling
  corrected.

-After clearing a Bandit Lair the loot menu appears extremely fast just after killing the last enemy.

-In the "Savage" ability's description you state there is a 10% change. You don't state what changes
  though. Same for the "Drill Sargeant" description. I guess it is morale but it should be more clear.

-Also I saw that in the Troop trees, the troops do not get upgraded. I guess this was just for testing
  purposes or else it abstracts a lot from the mod. It removes the joy of upgrading units after battle while
  it makes acquiring Veteran Recruits harder once we can't release our upgraded peasant/ mercenary units
  (not getting them as easily might be ok though once it would make it more challenging).

-While I was fighting as Vaegir vs Khergits (I cant remember if it happened with other factions as well) I received an error message: "Missing textures(or cannot load textures): helm_tyrkdetali_a.dds". 

-Of course the rest of what has already been said above with more importantly Tournament participants not carrying weapons.

-I love the changes you have made with the troops. In my save although I haven't participated in many fights, Vaegirs defending very well against Nords, Khergits got Durquba twice from the Sarranids 50 days in. Also Swadia has a very tough time. We have taken 2 castles from them, Dhirim is on Nords hands and they haven't sieged back anything.

I will provide more feedback if I come across anything. Any ETA of your update? I like your mod more than anything else (and I have tried more than 10 - 15 modules).

-In the recruitment menu
  I2 Vaegir Spearman has a ranged rating while A2 Vaegir Bowman does not. I think you have swapped
  their descriptions by mistake.
No, these are generated automatically, which means that Vaegir Bowmen are missing either bow, power draw, or bow proficiency points.
  Lady Tabath
  Boyar Nelag, Kumipa, Belgaru, Harish, Harish, Valishin, Vlan (probably a cloth the Boyars wear?)
Thanks for writing these up, it will make my search for why is that much easier.

-Also I saw that in the Troop trees, the troops do not get upgraded. I guess this was just for testing
  purposes or else it abstracts a lot from the mod. It removes the joy of upgrading units after battle while
  it makes acquiring Veteran Recruits harder once we can't release our upgraded peasant/ mercenary units
  (not getting them as easily might be ok though once it would make it more challenging).
This is intentional since it makes balance changes easier (by 2/3)

-While I was fighting as Vaegir vs Khergits (I cant remember if it happened with other factions as well) I received an error message: "Missing textures(or cannot load textures): helm_tyrkdetali_a.dds". 
Can you pleas check whether you have the file in your Textures folder?

I will provide more feedback if I come across anything. Any ETA of your update? I like your mod more than anything else (and I have tried more than 10 - 15 modules).
I think that now I have sufficient feedback. I will get down to bug fixes in a week or two,depending on how busy I'll be. Also huge thanks to everyone for this feedback.

PS: Sorry for sargeant. I thought it was the historical spelling, which it is obviously not. Swadian stuff will be probably renamed to Serjeant, which is the proper historical spelling. Other things will be renamed with proper spelling.

Leifdin said:
Can you pleas check whether you have the file in your Textures folder?

It isn't in my textures folder, or in the previous Silverstag's folder, and I couldn't find the name searching on the forums here (I presume you got it from an OSP).  I am unable to lock down which helm it is, as I get the error even when I take the helms off my entire party (all companions), and fight different groups of enemies who have completely different headwear.  It made me wonder if the piece calling that file is even a helm in the first place. :razz:  The other 'tyrk' pieces are Steppe Lamellar of various types.

I did find in Morgh's that item # 635 Heavy Conical Helm uses a mesh named 'tattered_steppe_cap_a_new' which seems odd, but that helm looks fine in game to me.

Edit:

I checked into the mod named Nysne and it has these files.  I copied them into Silverstag/textures and the issue seems to be gone.

helm_tyrk_detali_a.dds
helm_tyrk_detali_b.dds

Cheers.

You couldn't find it easily because of how Warband models work. You have a textures. Then you have a .brf file that holds model and reference to textures. An item that holds this is called mesh. It may or may not be called similarly to texture files. And then you have item. Item holds a reference to a mesh. Again, their names may or may not be the same. In Silverstag's case they usually aren't.

Update:

-No signs of the file helm_tyrk_detali_a.dds or helm_tyrk_detali_b.dds in the Textures folder.

-Arva the Pearled One wears no clothes either.

-When I am playing as a companion (after I have died) they all get the same face. A white red hair guy with a
  beard.

-Although I have a Riding Penalty due to encumbrance I can still start a battle riding a horse I should not
  anymore. When I go on foot I cannot ride it again though.

-Royal Horse is a bit too cheap? Shouldn't it be more expensive due to its value and its relatively low riding
  skill?

-Iron War Axe has Penetration damage. Shouldn't it be Cutting? (I guess that could be intentional).

**Request**
I remember on Floris you could start a battle as a companion. Any chance this could be added? I am not sure if everyone enjoyed this but I liked it once I could gain xp and upgrade my companions much faster.

Back
Top Bottom