New Pendor Trade Route

Users who are viewing this thread

Have high trading and assess the prices in every town for a while, a pattern should become visible.

My observation about 3.6 is that some cities are for buying and others for selling. It was just a case of knowing what to buy where, and free money appears!

I would be surprised if there was time to fiddle too much with the economic model for 3.7, so while locations may be different I'm pretty sure the pattern remains. Playing a combat monster for once, so I dont have the trading or the resources to check it out.. Yet.

Javiksholm still seems to sell really cheap Flax, but Avendor no longer seems to buy it at a high value like before, but I haven't tested it enough to be sure. It could have been an abnormally low value in Avendor when I went to sell at the time.

Avendor still buys flax at a decent price, but I haven't seen them buying it at much more than 220 or so at the highest so far. 

Which, I don't think is very far off from before.

depending on the region you're at, go to a village and ask villagers as well for a quick idea.

But usually, at least on some items:

Senderfell- Buy all iron under 200
Pointsbruck?- Buy furs under 200
Javiskholm- Flax (try to keep it under 100), also villages usually have A LOT as well and you can buy in bulk and they stay at the same price.
                  - Flax seems to sell well only into avendor however.
Laria- Oil, not sure price range, but under 300-400, but keep it @4-6 units, not worth after that.
Singal & villages- DATE FRUIT UNDER 70, usually 40-50, holy crap this is the BEST thing ever, when you go into d'shar lands, stock on these as they sell for over 160 on almost every other town.

Then you have velvet&dyes, but honestly these are only worth buying in low quantity as the return is quite low...

Buy salt from Nal Tar or Torbah and sell it into any other town other than d'shar, these also sell well, buying from as low as 120 and selling up to 370.

Do remember you need a good trading skill for most of these to be worth it, if not, stick to date fruit, flax and salt routes, the rest give little return.

AGAIN: DATE FRUIT SO FREAKING GOOD TO TRADE EARLY ON, almost all d'shar villages have crapton of it so buy for 50-60 max, I don't even bother buying from towns since they increase in price quite a lot. And make a killing of a profit selling it slowly to other towns (don't dump it all into 1 town).

Lenthal said:
depending on the region you're at, go to a village and ask villagers as well for a quick idea.

But usually, at least on some items:

Senderfell- Buy all iron under 200
Pointsbruck?- Buy furs under 200
Javiskholm- Flax (try to keep it under 100), also villages usually have A LOT as well and you can buy in bulk and they stay at the same price.
                  - Flax seems to sell well only into avendor however.
Laria- Oil, not sure price range, but under 300-400, but keep it @4-6 units, not worth after that.
Singal & villages- DATE FRUIT UNDER 70, usually 40-50, holy crap this is the BEST thing ever, when you go into d'shar lands, stock on these as they sell for over 160 on almost every other town.

Then you have velvet&dyes, but honestly these are only worth buying in low quantity as the return is quite low...

Buy salt from Nal Tar or Torbah and sell it into any other town other than d'shar, these also sell well, buying from as low as 120 and selling up to 370.

Do remember you need a good trading skill for most of these to be worth it, if not, stick to date fruit, flax and salt routes, the rest give little return.

AGAIN: DATE FRUIT SO FREAKING GOOD TO TRADE EARLY ON, almost all d'shar villages have crapton of it so buy for 50-60 max, I don't even bother buying from towns since they increase in price quite a lot. And make a killing of a profit selling it slowly to other towns (don't dump it all into 1 town).

+1 to you sir!
also if you look at a merchandise price in your own inventory (outside of market) you can see its regular price. helps to work out which stuff is being sold lower than regular and which isn't
(for example flax is worth 150)

also, when assessing prices it usually says something like "buy X and sell at Y for Z profit per item" so that's a lie :razz:
so you buy a bunch of X's and their price increases every time. to find the sweet-spot of how many to purchase you should simply reduce double the amount increased from Z every step.

example: buy FLAX and sell at SOMEWHERE for 50 profit per item
flax prices are: 100, 106, 112, 118, 124, 130. (six steps +6)
profit prices are: 50,  38,  26, 14, 2, -10. (six steps -12)

in this example the sweet-spot was 5 units of flax.

Yea there is some small math behind it, but I wanted to keep it general, obviously never trust the "assess item price" as those are only for 1 item, and as you pointed out they increase in price the more you buy and likewise decrease the profit the more you sell.

But the DATE fruit is just so damn cheap, last time i found it at 23/unit in Singal and villages was 33 IIRC and villages DON'T increase when you buy more than 1, and these are safe bet for buying in large quantity as ALL other towns offer max price for it, which is 163 IIRC, always above 150, so there is always profit.

And its a good way to keep you moving, maybe finding some more parties to kill along the way when you sell your date fruits. I can't believe how profitable this actually is, the rest of the trade routes are like a "bonus" in comparisson.

Date fruit is 100% the MAIN trade route for me, and I usually only bother with flax and iron from there on, sometimes furs and OIL.
Salt also works nice but you can only truly buy it from towns and they can increase in price quite a bit... Sometimes you can get lucky however and buy it from villages.

either way, Date fruit is king, along with his "prince" Salt, the rest are ..."side deals" xD.

Depends on your game and where you roam the map. Dates are cheap and you can sell them for up to 100 denars net profit. Which isn´t too bad either but it does not beat flax with a 200+ margin. Same goes for fur and salt, but you don´t get it in these large quantities.

Simply get an olive oil press, manually fill it up and sell the stuff for awesome profits.

sher said:
Considering rarity of bandits in 3.7 trading may become a viable option.

Just make sure you don't eliminate the camps you find and there will be plenty of them to pick on.

Nal Tar was buying Salt/Wool/all kinds of things at good-great prices and I could buy a few things of spice for ~580-600 and sell it for 800+ at the other cities I would visit to buy things like iron/flax. Nal Tar is a good stop on the date-train.

I think more isolated cities tend to have the best deals. Nal Tar with the spices, Poinsbruk, and Cez were cities I was happy to add into my merchant's run.

Lenthal said:
sher said:
Considering rarity of bandits in 3.7 trading may become a viable option.

Just make sure you don't eliminate the camps you find and there will be plenty of them to pick on.

Don't camps respawn pretty quick? I usually pick a region clean of bandits + camp, move to the next, and it will be back in time for the next rotation.

Back
Top Bottom