New patch corrupted my 20+ hr save

Users who are viewing this thread

ViiViiVii

Recruit
I've been having so much fun on this game, I played most of the day on release and had an issue with the game crashing and had to start fresh. I've really put a lot of time into this second save, over 20+ hours, have worked really hard on it and since this patch, it will no longer work? I can load the previous version prior to the patch, however, when I save over them they also become corrupted. I don't even get past the loading screen, it just freezes and crashes when I load the save...Wasn't one of the patch notes from this patch to help players who had corrupted saved play again? Not corrupt the saves that were doing just fine prior.

Consider yourself lucky that you had a 20 hour save file.

Other people still cannot launch the game successfully.

I'd love to even play for 1 minute.

Damn dude is it really that bad?
Thankfully hasn't happened to me yet thankfully, hopefully you'll be able to launch the game soon. Have you tried this post by Callum? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-failing-crashing-at-launch.397007/

Thanks but I've tried every potential fix that was posted on those forums.

There is a group of players like myself that just cannot start the game successfully. It crashes just before the main menu, on the second loading screen. We all have different hardware but our error log looks the same. After testing different fixes we just gotta wait for devs to offer some kind of solution.

I've been having so much fun on this game, I played most of the day on release and had an issue with the game crashing and had to start fresh. I've really put a lot of time into this second save, over 20+ hours, have worked really hard on it and since this patch, it will no longer work? I can load the previous version prior to the patch, however, when I save over them they also become corrupted. I don't even get past the loading screen, it just freezes and crashes when I load the save...Wasn't one of the patch notes from this patch to help players who had corrupted saved play again? Not corrupt the saves that were doing just fine prior.

It might not be the patch. It seems any playthrough can only be saved so many times before the saves eventually all become corrupted. Some players report this limit is 45 saves - that's all you get atm. You might just have hit this limit right after patch.

It might not be the patch. It seems any playthrough can only be saved so many times before the saves eventually all become corrupted. Some players report this limit is 45 saves - that's all you get atm. You might just have hit this limit right after patch.

I generally save every 5 minutes or so, before and after every battle and quest (since several are still bugged). So by now I've saved my game a couple of hundred times and no save corruption so far. I assumed you don't mean 45 different saves games, as who would need that :razz:

Does deleting the saves help?

I'm below 45 saves and my games were still corrupted. I believe around 35 saves is when I started having issues with the game. Do you know if it's 35 separate saves, or saving 35 times in the same slot?

I generally save every 5 minutes or so, before and after every battle and quest (since several are still bugged). So by now I've saved my game a couple of hundred times and no save corruption so far.

Good to know! Then the number 45 is definitely not set in stone. I hope you continue with no issues, but I'm afraid the save corruption eventually gets to us all.

I doubt the amount of times saved is the issue, otherwise everyone's saves has been corrupted. A lot of people (including myself) religiously save not only in Warband but in Bannerlord

I've been mainly playing MP and popping into SP to do a couple quick quests or battles, but at the moment i'm not willing to commit to a SP playthrough until the game has a few more updates under it's belt

Good to know! Then the number 45 is definitely not set in stone. I hope you continue with no issues, but I'm afraid the save corruption eventually gets to us all.

No but the game still corrupts and there are certain bugs that let you progress the way you wanted to. For example I have around 43 saves, I try to consistently save every 30 minutes. Once a save game becomes corrupt you don't know about it, so you're still saving under the impression that you're safe only to find out that out of 10 recent saves, only 3 of them work.

Doesn't seem like a big issue, until you start playing again and all the save after that seems to automatically corrupt and you're not sure what's causing it. For example, almost everytime I try to conquer a specific castle the game crashes. I finally conquer it and then anytime I save after that the game corrupts undoing the progress I had just made. So the solution? Don't conquer that castle. The problem is, I'm still unsure whether or not the bug is due to the castle or some other behind the scene magic, as I've seen some players conquer almost the entire map.

All we can do is wait, I'm sure it'll get patched.

I doubt the amount of times saved is the issue, otherwise everyone's saves has been corrupted. A lot of people (including myself) religiously save not only in Warband but in Bannerlord

Players over on the steam forum have been testing by starting new campaigns and then just saving and loading until, eventually, the files become corrupt. It's probably not gonna be at the exact same number of saves every time, but I think they found 45 to be the limit repeatedly.

It's not like TW hard coded a limit in of 45 saves, but I can believe that due to creeping file corruption, there is some limit for each player atm.

Back
Top Bottom