New Paradox Games

Users who are viewing this thread

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?843-Project-Nero

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?844-Project-Armstrong

As always when they announce new games, Paradox have spent the past few days teasing its forum populace with (basically meaningless) hints. I haven't given these much thought (thinking they were probably sequels to Victoria or HOI), before Johan posted today's hint for today's game. Basically, holy ****? I'm guessing it'll still be some sort of strategy game, but this might mean they've developed a completely new engine. I can get behind that, seeing as was hoping EUIV would be something more revolutionary in terms of gameplay since it was their flagship series, when it really turned out to be a vastly improved EUIII.

With the newest (5th) hints, I'd say one is HOI4, while the other one is some sort of Viking fantasty game, as other Pdox forumites have pointed out. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow!

Volkonski said:
If it is HOI4 I do hope they've made it more streamlined and less prone to crashing.

Well, whatever it is, it's the latest iteration of their Clausewitz engine, which is now, as of EUIV, pretty stable IMHO. And they're bound to improve it further with their new games, as they've always done. But yeah, I'm hoping they streamline it too; HOI3 was, even with all the expansions, a mess of mechanics and a horribly cluttered off-putting UI. Right now, Darkest Hour is by far my favourite HOI game, and I hope Paradox will work to change that :razz:

RoboSenshi said:
That's what I wish for but the others are right, it's probably HOI. I hoped they would be starting a new series for a change.

Well, it still might not be. There are some factors pointing towards the idea that both of the titles could be new games.

Now I'm thinking it's some kind of Cold War themed strategy game. Rockets, Espionage, Armstrong? What I see now is a cold war era game with a space race component hence the deep technology tree. Also that thumbnail could be some sort of nuclear launch warning system.

Nope, definitely not a Cold War game, because BL-Logic (the chaps who made the Arsenal of Democracy (fixed up HOI2) game) are making one for Paradox, called East vs West.

Volkonski said:
If it is HOI4 I do hope they've made it more streamlined and less prone to crashing.
Go play HoI2. It still runs nicely and has plenty of mods as well.

Vadermath said:
Nope, definitely not a Cold War game, because BL-Logic (the chaps who made the Arsenal of Democracy (fixed up HOI2) game) are making one for Paradox, called East vs West.
Except it's looking like EvW is facing the Magna Mundi treatment. They are going for some sort of open/public beta with donations or something, and dropping features - multiplayer was the first one to go.

Jhessail said:
Except it's looking like EvW is facing the Magna Mundi treatment. They are going for some sort of open/public beta with donations or something, and dropping features - multiplayer was the first one to go.

You're right Jhess, just read the whole ordeal on their forums. Even so, it seems to me extremely unlikely that they'd choose to make a separate Cold War game, seeing as these 2 unannounced projects have been in development for a while, and this EvW meltdown is a recent thing.

Vadermath said:
You're right Jhess, just read the whole ordeal on their forums. Even so, it seems to me extremely unlikely that they'd choose to make a separate Cold War game, seeing as these 2 unannounced projects have been in development for a while, and this EvW meltdown is a recent thing.
Oh, I agree with you completely! Pdox wouldn't screw their sub-contractor like this, it's not Johan's style. They aren't big enough to pull Activision/EA-level of asshattery :smile: Just wanted to give an heads-up for those who eagerly await EvW.

My personal bet for the "no provinces" idea is that the game would be set in an iron-age setting, on a much lower scale. I don't get how people keep pulling space ideas out for this.

Yeah. Holy ****, I can't believe they made that Nordic game with Clausewitz! It's no Crysis, obviously, but extremely pretty for Paradox! And I still can't wait to see this new HOI4 map.

Oh, and they've announced a CK2 expansion, 'Rajas of India'! They're expanding the map to cover the entirety of India, 300 new provinces, etc! Holy ****!

Back
Top Bottom