New movie trailers

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
Clam thyself. I was just messing around. Herodotus believed that Scythians spoke the scythian language(σκυθιστὶ - in the Scythian manner). In book 4, I think. In those days, there was very little realization of nation and nationalistic concepts as we know them today.

3A tribe of wandering Scythians separated itself from the rest, and escaped into Median territory. This was then ruled by Cyaxares, son of Phraortes, son of Deioces. Cyaxares at first treated the Scythians kindly, as suppliants for his mercy; and, as he had a high regard for them, he entrusted boys to their tutelage to be taught their language and the skill of archery.
http://perseus.uchicago.edu/perseus-cgi/citequery3.pl?dbname=GreekTexts&getid=1&query=Hdt.%201.74.2

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature02029?message=remove&lang=en
Languages, like genes, provide vital clues about human history1,2. The origin of the Indo-European language family is “the most intensively studied, yet still most recalcitrant, problem of historical linguistics”3. Numerous genetic studies of Indo-European origins have also produced inconclusive results4,5,6.

Phylogenetic tree of Indo-Iranian languages shows that all those dialects were united at that time.

"The Turks living east of Tanais formerly called massagetae" "Theophanes byzantinus, frag. Hist. IV. page: 270"

It does not make sense that Cyaxares asks Scythians to teach their language to Medes because according to above information and currently accepted hypothesis, Medes should be speaking the same language as Scythians.

Nope I am not convinced. The only relation between Scythians and Indo-Iranians is... well merely Homo-Sapienic as far as we can see. And they both had access to gold. Not to forget that many of their descendants played Prince of Persia at once point in their life.  Indo European speakers even in Iran are a minority. They are a small established nation with high culture. The Scythians were  part of a huge confederation consisting of even Germanic and Slavic people which was part of second Turk Khaganate.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
that's very nice, sweety, you can go back to huffing paint now.

? I knew you were a believer.

First coronavirus, now Nazis. Tom Hanks can handle everything.
The scenes on the ship were filmed on the museum ship USS Kidd from 1942. Perfect.
I assume the rest is mostly CGI, but it looks nice.
Anyone read the novel (The Good Shepherd)?

Asimov's Foundation series is being made into a TV show

OH MAMA!

fiestas-infantiles_1.gif

Back
Top Bottom