New movie trailers

Users who are viewing this thread

HoJu said:
The Outlaw King was pretty good, this looks crap. Why two Robert the Bruce films in a year? Do they want to make him a new Robin Hood or something?
Agreed. I loved Outlaw King. It's a fantastic Netflix film and really stands out from their crowd of average films.

That looks really entertaining Adorno, I hope it will be available in UK cinemas. I like the bit of what I call stereotypical 'Scandanavian English' when he says "I am about to be throwing up"  :lol:.

It's a movie, not a series, but doesn't look half bad. Between The Outlaw King and this Netflix may become a niche for decent historical films, who knows.

Well, historical is a big word. It's a mix of Shakespeare's King Henry plays.
So it's likely a fictional Medieval England loosely based on themes and the brilliant scripts of Shakespeare.
The lineup of actors is nice. And with trebuchets, you can't go wrong.

DanAngleland said:
That looks really entertaining Adorno, I hope it will be available in UK cinemas. I like the bit of what I call stereotypical 'Scandanavian English' when he says "I am about to be throwing up"  :lol:.
'Scandanavian English' is almost as comical as British English.

Adorno said:
Well, historical is a big word. It's a mix of Shakespeare's King Henry plays.
So it's likely a fictional Medieval England loosely based on themes and the brilliant scripts of Shakespeare.
Good enough for me.

Ah yes, The King, or as I like to call it,
knUBtOQ.jpg

TheLoneWolf1 said:
This is an upcoming netflix series I am waiting for, I liked the overall vibe of the trailer.

I find it a bit odd.  It's Shakespeare's narrative (which is fictional and doesn't resemble the real Henry V) but without his beautiful prose.  I'm all for more Shakepeare, on the other hand would totally welcome an historically accurate version (like Hella Haasse's) but this is neither.
Plus, Henry used cannon at the siege of Harfleur, not trebuchets.  Otherwise I don't know what siege that's meant to be given the film's likely timeline.

Back
Top Bottom