New mod title

Users who are viewing this thread

DanAngleland

Grandmaster Knight
Noticed the name change, I'll miss the old one but this new name does define the situation a little more precisely (because of the 'tides' of different invaders trying to rule Sicily). I panicked at first though, when I skimmed down the list of mod with my eyes and couldn't see Battle for Sicily :smile:

When I saw the name change I was cheering like a battle won  :razz:
I remembered the words of nijis...:
nijis said:
I was working on a Northumbria mod with several others, but I think I'll try to use Sicily to do the basic system. After that, other mods should go much quicker. If it works, I was also thinking about a mod based in northern Iraq, during either the 12th pr 13th centuries or during a 16th century Ottoman-Persian standoff, which tackles things like Bedouins and pastoralism, tribal politics, imperial "divide and rule" strategies, desert logistics, mountain fighting, etc. However, this is all some time in the future.
... and thought: this is it - he's going to do a plethora of mods in various settings. Wow!  :smile:

Doing a series is the plan, assuming that I have the time! I'm hoping that the really hard work will be done with the first mod, and if it works like it should, then changing the setting will be relatively simple.

Many thanks to those that suggested names, btw -- I thought that "Empire of the Inland Sea" and "Meridies Northmannorum" were particularly cool. Unfortunately they didn't work for a similarly-named mod series without making the title really long.

nijis said:
Doing a series is the plan, assuming that I have the time! I'm hoping that the really hard work will be done with the first mod, and if it works like it should, then changing the setting will be relatively simple.

That's great, I didnt know you planned to do a series of mods.  Good luck!

Just visiting to say I'm still following your work on this mod(s), Nijis! :grin:

Battle for Sicily was the first mod I played and it kept me nailed to my PC for weeks.
Can't wait to try out whatever you will do for 1.xxx, the idea of having in depth politics, strategy, logistics, etc. in the game is really exciting to me!

DanAngleland said:
I panicked at first though, when I skimmed down the list of mod with my eyes and couldn't see Battle for Sicily :smile:
I panicked in another way. "What the hell, a mod that I don't know of yet? How can that be!", Of course I curiously clicked the the link, to find out it was the Sicily Mod. I have now read the "Progress report as of July 12" and wonder why the hell there's none more recent.

Edit: Holy crap, The mod is for version 0.808. That does it, I am downloading 0.808. I can play The Last Days, A Shield lying on the water and Battle for Sicily. Enough reason to redownload it. Hell yea I am, Right now. But damn, they're downloading slow. 4 Downloads at a time, would mean 100KB/S each but the repository has a limit. ;(

Servitor

Ow my! That was quite a shock!  :eek:

I looked around for the BfS Forums and I couldn't find it! I thought it was gone! Serves me right for not checking it often enough  :roll:

Servitor said:
Edit: Holy crap, The mod is for version 0.808. That does it, I am downloading 0.808. I can play The Last Days, A Shield lying on the water and Battle for Sicily. Enough reason to redownload it. Hell yea I am, Right now. But damn, they're downloading slow. 4 Downloads at a time, would mean 100KB/S each but the repository has a limit. ;(

Man, I wish that mod wasn't dead.

Nijs,

I'm not sure if you're still working on these, however, another mod Sword of Damocles has a lot of the features you want to implement.  Why don't you include that mod into the battle for Sicily just to make your work that much less?

FS

'Sword of Damocles - invasion' mod is based on work in other mods (the invasion feature is not credited but I believe someone else made it also, Mirathei perhaps).
1. Age of Machinery by (kingdom management) by Highlander
2. NNY (No Name Yet) by Geoffrey Ashe (adding patrols and recruiting bandits etc.)
3. Autoloot feature by fisheye
... and some tweaks by theMageLord...

Sword of Damocles:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52131.0.html
Age of Machinery
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48674.0.html
NNY
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51290.0.html

Back
Top Bottom