NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

Users who are viewing this thread

reignD said:
ko said:
so can I find a mage in narra, yes?
I found magician in Narra・・・・
narraul6.gif

I found magician in Narra,Jelkala,Praven,Sargoth,and Zendar.
y the hell u ride ur horse up there?

I am getting an error on startup it says:

Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf

I have already downloaded the patch. Is there a fix for this?

Pode said:
Meeshka said:
I hit 6, having fire spells line appeared. Then hit T to select the fire type of spells. In the beginning (after first visit to Zendar) I get only Fireball. So After T I hit E and see the square with something firelike appear in the low left above a box with the name of a spell selected. I have some wand (said that made of phoenix feather or smthng?) ready. But when I LClick the only thing I get is that square disappear. Nothing else happens.
You're almost there.  You've now selected the fireball spell.  if you have a wand in your weapon slot and have that wand equipped, you can now L click and cast a fireball.  You may have to hold the L mouse button down for a second for higher power spells, but that's all there is to it.
So I'm having similar sorts of problems to the above - I've stripped my character down to just his Black Staff and some clothing (total encumbrance ~8, all other equipment is in the inventory), talked to the guy at Zendar to get the fireball spell, go find some local brigands (Sea Raiders, unfortunately....) to get into an actual battle, hit 6 (no onscreen response), E (square pops up) and then left-click, and nothing happens. My character just sort of sits there. I've tried this with multiple characters, including a straight-magic history that walked straight to Zendar before doing anything else, and nothing works.

Maybe I need to be loading this with a special loader (say, IronLoader)?

pls someone! i need MODULE_SYSTEM!!!!!

ModuleSystem:
rayfile
search  #new magic begin  in the source code

doesnt work!!!

Sorry, guys, I've been playing around in Age of Machinery and haven't touched this new version yet, so I can't help much.  DarkAnd, if you're one of the first 10 people to try it you can have a copy of my copy of the source rapidshare

doesnt work!!!!!

pls help!!

Frnak said:
Pode said:
Meeshka said:
I hit 6, having fire spells line appeared. Then hit T to select the fire type of spells. In the beginning (after first visit to Zendar) I get only Fireball. So After T I hit E and see the square with something firelike appear in the low left above a box with the name of a spell selected. I have some wand (said that made of phoenix feather or smthng?) ready. But when I LClick the only thing I get is that square disappear. Nothing else happens.
You're almost there.  You've now selected the fireball spell.  if you have a wand in your weapon slot and have that wand equipped, you can now L click and cast a fireball.  You may have to hold the L mouse button down for a second for higher power spells, but that's all there is to it.
So I'm having similar sorts of problems to the above - I've stripped my character down to just his Black Staff and some clothing (total encumbrance ~8, all other equipment is in the inventory), talked to the guy at Zendar to get the fireball spell, go find some local brigands (Sea Raiders, unfortunately....) to get into an actual battle, hit 6 (no onscreen response), E (square pops up) and then left-click, and nothing happens. My character just sort of sits there. I've tried this with multiple characters, including a straight-magic history that walked straight to Zendar before doing anything else, and nothing works.

press keys 6-0 thn pres T keey then E oo chose spel

hjkbangmu said:
Frnak said:
Pode said:
Meeshka said:

press keys 6-0 thn pres T keey then E oo chose spel
I'm pretty sure I said I tried that...

But I did discover the issue. I had to use the number keys at the top of the keyboard and NOT the keypad (my usual go-to for numbers). Numlock on/off seemed to have no effect.

I am loving this mod.  Is there anybody still working on it.  What's the protocol if you want to change some things and share it with people from a mod that seems dead.  I wouldn't want to upset anybody, but it seems a shame to let this die.

This mod is wonderful....Does anybody know if the Undead will eventually upgrade?  I'm on day 200 but no undead have upgraded.

This mod is so wonderful it should be expanded upon.  This is bizarre but I'm enjoying Mount and Blade more than Warbands.

I have a problem, when my character get ice storm, he can no longer earn magic points, no matter how much he casts it, happ Ned with 2 characters already, and I think I need to master it to earn the fire scepter from the magician in sargoth, and learning to summon undead, cause I mastered every spell but that one, and went to every magician, and waited days, ones drunk, the other 2 say stop bothering me, and the last says I have no need of you, oh and the other doesn't think about teaching me, and does the zendar magician teach you anything but fireball

Finally was able to rescue the source code off a decade plus old XP box in the attic. Hosted on Dropbox, so should be good indefinitely. I'll look at porting to Warband but no promises, I'm not at all good at this sort of thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smv81118qt9yius/Magic%20World%20ModuleSystem%20%5B1%5D.rar?dl=0

Ended up spending the day trying to port the source into Warband. I get some compile time errors with the menu and some items that I haven't figured out yet. The resulting module at least runs without crashing, but the magic menus and scripts aren't working.

Progress of sorts. Warband port is playable but buggy.

Pure Dark's M&B source code, with an equally old version of autoloot I put in, available here (earlier link may be down since I rearranged my Dropbox):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43470430/Magic%20World%20ModuleSystem%20%5B1%5D.rar

My attempt to port to Warband, as a working(ish) mod with source included, available here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43470430/Temp.rar

The mana, health, and horse health graphics all get weird, there's a CTD if you try to fight the undead, the spell selection interface gets a little wonky cause Warband already uses all those keys, and either my tester isn't high enough level to spawn any magic teachers or they aren't spawning. All that said, casting works and levels up, your companions cast if they're given wands like they're supposed to (so AI casting works), and the weight limit on casting works despite the error messages on startup. It's a solid base from which to ask for help from, so if you want this mod on Warband, help me get it there!

Consolidated all the advice in this thread for easier reference.

1. Added 17 kind of magics, you can find out more by talking to Magic Teacher in Zendar.
2. Added potions, you can buy them from Magic Teacher in Zendar.
3. NPC will also use magic if you equip them with staffs.
4. Added formation system. Press 2 to select infantry, 3 to select archers, 4 to select magicians.
Press X to switch to form formation or dismiss
Press Z to order formation advance by 20 metres
1. All enemies will join each other nearby battles during encounter.
①Cure: Press ctrl to swap to lay on hand, can cure others.
  ②Added a sound effect for fireball spell.
  ③Summon undead: Press and hold LMB to continuously consume mana, release LMB to summon undead, the quantity and quanlity is decided by mana consumed, at a max of 500 , added corresponding undead troops and equipments.
6. Undead armies are weak when they are spawned, but they will grow stronger as time passes:
  ①Every midnight some undead will upgrade to higher tier, and some low tier undead will join;
  ②Once per two midnight, all prisoners captured by undead army will become low tier undead(except player).
  ③As time passes, the amount of undead armies will increase, at a max of 40.
9. You can no longer cast spell when your encumbrance is over 20.(No heavy mage anymore)

Fireball and potion store - Wizard in Zendar in tower.
Support - Praven - Go to the guild master in Praven and theres a wall with a gap. The wizard is in there.
Water - Jelkala - At Jelkala as you go throguh the main gate theres some aldders to your right. Go up them and the wizard is near enoguh straight ahead of you. You have to bring him 40 wines though to get the devastating spell.
Fire - Sargoth - As you enter town go right, keep looking on your left and theres a guy behind a broken wagon thing.
Other - In Narra when you enter town go right, there will be some stairs on the right. Go up them and turn left. Follow it round and there will be like a clothes line in between two houses, walk over it and the guy is stood on the other side of the building.

Press your number, E.G. if you have 3 fire spells press '6'.
When you done that press E.
When you wanna cycle through them press T.
When at required one press Left Mouse Button.
Your spell should be equiped.

Sargoth wizard

Not prerequiremnts but give him 3500 denars and he will teach you searing ray.

Give him an additional 7000 denars and he will give you burning trail

Master searing ray and become a high level mage and he will give you Wall of Fire

Master wall of fire and he will gie you the red scepter (This is important for later. You can either keep the powerful scepter or give it to its rightful owner "Tilgar")

Praven Wizard
Gives you cat's grace, but I think he also gives you bull's grace. Digging through the conversation files he seems to be the same wizard, but it seems like its an "either/or" situation. The difference I think depends on learning Restore Ammo when choosing character background.

He also teaches you cure I believe if you dont already have it.

Master Cure and become an intermediate magician and he'll give you mass cure

Jelkala Wizard

Teaches you wave spell for 40 wines

Teaches you Freezing trail for an additional 20 ales

Narra Wizard

Find 3 of his clan objects which are some kind of magic medal

One will teach you fire shroud, the others teach you Tsunami and Summon undead (not sure if its a choice thing or a certain object thing... he does say there are three objects)

This is also where the Red Scepter comes into play. I believe this is the "Tilgar" the other wizard was talking about because he also mentions something about his clan and he seems to match the spell set. Give him the scepter Initiate chat) and he will teach you Sandstorm, the most powerful spell in the game. So its your choice. Powerful wand or powerful spell. Note: you may have to give the scepter to the Last Wizard (Vaegirs?) because it fits his type a bit more)

Unknown Wizard (Vaegir? Or Narra?)

Possible person to give the Red Scepter to for Sandstorm because it meets his quest types (going and getting certain items for him)

He wants the Book of Lost Spells and if you get it to him, he will give you Teleport. Apparently King Harlus has the only copy and the way to get it is to capture him (or defeat him in battle? perhaps a dropped item but it does say "Capture" him. Either way, get the book and he'll give you Teleport (side note: which i never seemed to get to work correctly on my file with all spells unlocked)

Horazon's (the support magic mage who teaches Cat's Grace and Bull's Strength) conversation txt is very confusing as it is meshed together. There are three instances where he starts a conversation. The first is where you find him and he says "Hey you found me!". The second is him talking about you mastering cure and it scans for that along with the title "intermediate mage". Now the third which is interesting scans for High Level Mage which doesn't fit into the script of other spells he teaches. He start this conversation with "Hey its been a while" and a line below that he says "I can teach you bull's strength". So I believe the requirement for Bulls Strength is for you to be a high level mage. This makes it quite a dilemma. Put point in strength that will be pretty much wasted later because you get a spell, wait for the spell and sacrifice your strength.

For those of you guys who are complaining about Brennor not responding to you, You need to be a primary mage before he will speak to you. He'll give you Searing Ray for 3500 denars and when you master it + reach High Level Mage, you can get wall of fire. He seems to be the most important mage as he give you the most spells and the red scepter.

AI mages have mana, too. Just you never know how much are left.

Only way I've found (to recruit mages) is to free them from other parties or capture and convert them.

Get the mysterious medal after bringing the ale to the drunk in Jelkala, take the MM to Narra

If you jump out of the tower in Zendar, you can access the tavern and its chest.

I was attacked by bandits in Praven and the wizard helped them and I had to kill him to end the ambush. Lucky for me (and him) he was his old self again when I talked to him later. I guess the problem is that he does not vanish like other people (the traders and guards) when the attack happens.

I helped the undead (one HelGuard survived) and now I can't fight the undead.

Master wave spell and become a Veteran Mage, gives ice storm (You CAN have ice storm and wall of fire it seems... he tells you you can't before you choose to take it, but the other guy will give you the same warning then teach you the other spell anyway)

I finally figured out why some folks get different spells from the Narra wizard in exchange for the mysterious medal.  It depends on which dialog choice you take when he asks you for it.  "yes" gives you fire shroud, "no" gives Tsunami, and "prove it" gives summon undead.  As long as you don't actually learn a spell, you can get the descriptions of each from him and make up your mind, but you can only learn one of them. Tsunami sux.

- When bandits attack you in town the magic teachers is here and attack you too.

- You can learn both wall of fire and ice storm.

- Sandstorm doesn't work(it worked one time for me) and doesn't upgrade.

- Sometime when your mana bar is empty it doesn't fill up anymore. Graphics bug, you can still cast, but the bar doesn't display.

-Undead parties can become very scary if left unchecked long enough. Reports of 5000 hellguards in one group.

I had to use the number keys at the top of the keyboard and NOT the keypad (my usual go-to for numbers). Numlock on/off seemed to have no effect.

Boy is my face red. Source code doesn't help without the textures and so forth, y'all need the complete original mod. Apologies to anyone who tried to make this mod work in the meantime.

Here is a folder with the original mod from Pure Dark, an update called fix, and my source codes for both M&B (working, includes fisheye's original cost based autoloot, I think includes fix) and Warband (buggy mess but runs).
Pode's dropbox folder

If you get the Cat's Grace spell, don't ever waste an attribute point on Dex. Save your skill points until you're in battle, cast Cat's Grace, and level up then. You can hit 10 looting pretty early, and that makes wands a lot easier to pay for.

Thanks to Swyter, it is possible to play this mod in Warband, if you don't mind script errors when you walk around towns and some shader glare. I've not fully tested it, but it works FAR better than the hack attempt I previously made at a port.

Here's what you do

1st — Copy all the files from this mod or unzip MagicWorld1 out of my Dropbox link above into a new Magic World folder in your Warband\Modules folder.

2nd — Copy costumes_a.brf from your original M&B install, \CommonRes folder, to your Warband\CommonRes folder.

3rd — Copy actions.txt and game_variables.txt from your M&B\Modules\Native folder and overwrite the ones in your Warband\Modules\Magic World folder.

Back
Top Bottom