NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

Users who are viewing this thread

The_Assassin-275 said:
I got a problem i downloaded it and put it in modules folder but when i start the game it ain't in the menu (u know the one where u can choose native, ....,....,....)
make sure you can find the module info folder in the folder you put in there.

scootar said:
The_Assassin-275 said:
I got a problem i downloaded it and put it in modules folder but when i start the game it ain't in the menu (u know the one where u can choose native, ....,....,....)
make sure you can find the module info folder in the folder you put in there.
o lol forgot that part works now ty alot :grin: :grin:

omg new prob already lol
so i use e select fire ball by clicking but then pressing t doesn't cast it  :???: what am i doing wrong?
my keys are on default if that matters

The_Assassin-275 said:
omg new prob already lol
so i use e select fire ball by clicking but then pressing t doesn't cast it  :???: what am i doing wrong?
All you need to do is to click left mouse button.

GH176 said:
The_Assassin-275 said:
omg new prob already lol
my char just slashes his sword  :???:

The_Assassin-275 said:
GH176 said:
The_Assassin-275 said:
omg new prob already lol
my char just slashes his sword  :???:
You need a magic wand tp cast a spell......
you can buy it at the weapon shop,or you can just make a new character.

So is it supposed to look like native???

Can you give me the basics of this mod, like magic controls etc, and also where do I go to 'learn spells'.?

Thanks guys!

Familyguy1 said:

Can you give me the basics of this mod, like magic controls etc, and also where do I go to 'learn spells'.?

Thanks guys!

did you even read this thread that your posting in?  most controls and places to learn spells are listed in this thread.

erock25 said:
Familyguy1 said:

Thanks guys!

did you even read this thread that your posting in?  most controls and places to learn spells are listed in this thread.

Yes I have, It would be nice for someone to compose everything into one post so people can distinctly look and find everything they need.

Familyguy1 said:
erock25 said:
Familyguy1 said:

Thanks guys!

Yes I have, It would be nice for someone to compose everything into one post so people can distinctly look and find everything they need.
Everyone go play for 3 days come back and spam what you have learn some one, hopefully, will compile that

Cat's grace OWNS.  I keep waiting for it to fade away, and it doesn't.  I think it's a permanent +40 :shock: to agility.  If Bull's Strength does the same later, I'm never putting another point in either of them.

Its probably untill you get knocked unconsious or something, but then again, I have noticed that it has not gone away on my character, used it to max out my agility abilities without having to add points into agil (so i can run fast now without having to max out agility first).

Anyone know if intelligence adds to mana regen or mana pool?

Alright... I tried to get the unlock all spells cheat thingy to work again, but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Talked to random mages, recruited/upgraded fully mages of both types, used cheats like no other to level up and teleport and all of the others, but I couldn't get the spells to unlock like before. Oh well... Lucky save i guess?

Once again, my ending questions:
Anyone know how much you have to cast a spell to upgrade?
How long does it take the potions to regen for purchase? (leveling up spells takes forever without them)
Is there any way to increase mana regen to a higher rate? (rather have that then potions because being a mage is hard in the game since you have mana restrictions and the other AI mages don't)
How many spells casts does it take to level?

Find the old thread, i've posted instructions there.
EDIT: Found it

Here it is, the walkthrough
1. Buy the wand (for those who haven't)
2. Go to Zendar.
3. Talk to the guy in the tower, much of the dialogue is broken, but i used the dialogue files to find out what it was suppose to say.
4. Talk to him about magic.
5. You have now learned the spell Fireball. (there is no visible indication to that, so you will notice it in battle)
6. Go to battle with a few looters (for a start, just for practice)
7. Equip the wand.
8. Press 6, and you should see a message Fire spells
9. Press E, and in the lower left corner the Fireball icon should appear.
10. While the icon is there, left click.
11. The spell should now selected (it will appear in the previously empty box, as seen in the fireball screenshot on page 1
12. Now use the left mouse button to cast the spell
To get other spells, find other mages hidden in towns. I mean really hidden, for one i had to climb on rooftops (like assassins creed) talk to them, maybe do a task, and the spell is yours. The more u use the spells, your magic level will go up and your spells will upgrade automatically.

when i find teh wizarards (only found one)
they only say "do´t disturb me" :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry:
What do i do wrong?(maybe it´s just brennor that is ****** Up)

sidewinder99 said:
when i find teh wizarards (only found one)
they only say "do´t disturb me" :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry:
What do i do wrong?(maybe it´s just brennor that is ****** Up)

Nothing's wrong with him, you just have to meet certain requirements for him to talk to you (become high enough mage, master a certain spell, etc)

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Alright guys I have a nice bonus for all of you. I give you the information to get all the spells and what you have to do! :grin:
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Fireball
Everyone knows to talk to the mage in zendar

Sargoth Wizard
Not prerequiremnts but give him 3500 denars and he will teach you searing ray.

Give him an additional 7000 denars and he will give you burning trail

Master searing ray and become a high level mage and he will give you Wall of Fire

Master wall of fire and he will gie you the red scepter (This is important for later. You can either keep the powerful scepter or give it to its rightful owner "Tilgar")

Praven
Gives you cat's grace, but I think he also gives you bull's grace. Digging through the conversation files he seems to be the same wizard, but it seems like its an "either/or" situation. The difference I think depends on learning Restore Ammo when choosing character background.

He also teaches you cure I believe if you dont already have it.

Master Cure and become an intermediate magician and he'll give you mass cure

Jelkala Wizard
Teaches you wave spell for 40 wines

Teaches you Freezing trail for an additional 20 ales

Master wave spel and become a Veteran Mage, gives ice storm (You CANNOT have ice storm and wall of fire it seems... he tells you this before you choose to take it)

What I believe to be the Narra Wizard (talks about Clan... so i think its him)
Find 3 of his clan objects which are some kind of magic medal

One will teach you fire shroud, the others teach you Tsunami and Summon undead (not sure if its a choice thing or a certain object thing... he does say there are three objects)

This is also where the Red Scepter comes into play. I believe this is the "Tilgar" the other wizard was talking about because he also mentions something about his clan and he seems to match the spell set. Give him the scepter Initiate chat) and he will teach you Sandstorm, the most powerful spell in the game. So its your choice. Powerful wand or powerful spell. Note: you may have to give the scepter to the Last Wizard (Vaegirs?) because it fits his type a bit more)

Last Wizard (not sure where he is or who it is. Perhaps the Vaegirs capital because its the only faction left)
Possible person to give the Red Scepter to for Sandstorm because it meets his quest types (going and getting certain items for him)

He wants the Book of Lost Spells and if you get it to him, he will give you Teleport. Apparently King Harlus has the only copy and the way to get it is to capture him (or defeat him in battle? perhaps a dropped item but it does say "Capture" him. Either way, get the book and he'll give you Teleport (side note: which i never seemed to get to work correctly on my file with all spells unlocked)

hope all of those help! It seems like the Nords give Fire Spells, Swanian Does Support, Rhodoks do water, Kherit do special spells and Vaegirs do Teleport,possibly sandstorm.

please pardon my note form when writing. I was tired and didn't feel like using perfect grammar because I was just reading off my notes when figuring this out.

here is a cleaned up version of the Conversation Txt if you guys want to analyze it as well. It is not in order, but you can kind of figure out which mage is talking by their previous requirements and what they say. BTW, I did remove the txt for what they say if you tell them you don't want to learn the spell.

Warning: Its VERY long (lots of txt)
Hey!{reg3?young girl:young boy}!
...Do I know you?
I have never seen you before. What's your name?
My name is {playername}. So, what is it?
Don't worry, {playername}.I just want to ask you something. Do you want to learn spells?
Of course!
OK,I'm a teacher of magic. I can tell you lots of things about magic. And,I will teach you a spell, 'Fireball'.
Fireball? Sounds Good.
Now, let me teach you how to cast 'Fireball'.
Well,I think I got it. Thank you. But I also want to know something more about magic.

... {playername}. It seems that I've underestimated you... You've mastered Wall of Fire in such a short time... It seems that you are my ideal disciple..
...All right. If you think so, I don't mind to be your disciple...
That depends on my will, and sorry, I have no interest on being your disciple! Good Bye!
...Very well... ^a long time ago... I made a mistake... I was too young to be wise... ^I envied him, he has a noble lineage, his family could give him everything he wants, high grade magic scrolls, legendary magic wands... no matter how hard I try, I can't match with him... ^it was a night, only me and him in his home, then he had something to do and left, when I sat aside the fireplace waiting for him... ^accidently I rose my head and saw the legendary wand, which every fire wizard had dreamt of, the Red Kindle Sceptre hanging on wall... When I noticed, I was standing lonely in a field, with the Red Kindle Sceptre in my hand... I can't believe what I have done! I stole the Red Kindle Sceptre! From my best friend! From then on I dare not to visit him again... His name is Tilgar...
Now, I'm giving you the Red Kindle Sceptre, now it's yours... Either find Tilgar and return it to him, or you can keep it to yourself, it's your choice.
... I have to think it over...

{reg3?Girl:Boy}!Haha!If I'm right, you've mastered Searing ray already! And you are now a High-level Magician!
What's the matter?
Your magic talent amazed me, I can't ruin such a genius just because my lust, I'm teaching my special spell - Wall of Fire!
What's so special about this spell?
I know that there are no such thing as free lunch in this land, just tell me what do you want.
Wall of Fire has a big area of effect, is that enough? Well, don't say that I didn't warn you, you can't learn Ice Storm anymore after learning this spell.
You are right, there are some presrequsitions, but since I'm telling you this, it means that you've already met them -- Master Searing ray and become a High-level Magician. Now, listen to me...
What the... A miser like you taught this to me free? Anyway, thank you.
Enough, just go before I change my mind!

Hey! Who's there? 
Well, whom do I look like?
Un, a beggar? 
What? Are you pissing me? I am the only Magic Expert in Nord and you call me a beggar?
Well, that's not my fault, it's that your dressing style a little too, un, misguiding. Let's talk something else, ok? If you are a Mage, then what's your favorite spell?  100  0
Ahh! That's it! My favorite spell is the powerful Searing Ray!
What's so special about this Searing Ray?
Can you teach me the Searing Ray?
The Searing Ray can create a straight burning ray, and damage all enemies close to this line.
Got it?
Huh... I really should not teach you that... But I'm quite short of money right now, if you can pay me 3500 denars then I might think about it.
All right... Here is your 3500 denars... Now teach me!
Don't be haste, let me count it first... 100... 200... ... 3400... 3500... Enough. All right, listen, it's not that difficult...
That's all? OK,  I think I got it... I'm leaving now...

Hey! Got any denars?
Hey! {reg3?Girl:Boy}! Good to see you!
Huh? Geezer, what's it this time?
What did you call me? Geezer? ha! I was out of luck and kept losing bets these days, and lost all the 3500 denars from you... I was thinking about sell... teaching you another spell just right now, but you showed me no respect... Hell, I'll simply pass that idea...
Nonono! As a famous magician on this land and the one I respect most, you will excuse me for a little joke, right?
Huh, if I'm not short of money right now, I won't bother speaking to you... OK, make it short, give me 7000 denars and I'll teach you the Burning Trail spell.
0 What does the Burning Trail do?
The Burning Trail spell will create a burning sphere around your feet, and make your trail burn - as well as those who dare to step on it. And this spell can be activate and deactivated at will, no need to cost a lot of mana at one time, the mana it costs depends on the time the spell is activated. Almost the same with Freezing Trail.
Here's your 7000 denars.
Let me count... Well, you are alacritous enough, I'm teaching you now
All right, that's it. I'm going! ... What a profitter... My 7000 denars... 

Stop bothering me!
You must had mastered Wave spell...
Yup! What's the matter?
Very well, I was looking for one talented enough to succeed my special spell - Ice storm, you will do...
What's so special about the Ice Strom?
What kind of wine do you want this time...
I don't want to hurt your feelings, but why should I learn your spell? I'm going.
Massive damaging area. And one more thing, you can't learn Wall of Fire anymore after learning this spell, think about it...
The requiement is mastering Wave spell and become a Veteran Mage, apparently you've already achieved that...
Really? Thank you~
No need, now go, I'm gonna have a drink...

Hey! {reg3?Girl:Boy}!
Hey! {reg3?Girl:Boy}! Did you change your mind?
Why are you here... What do you want?
Why I'm here is none of your bussiness, but I've got something interesting for you! Do you want to learn a water spell?
Really? That doesn't sound like a free lunch, just tell me what do you want.
You've got that? Huh, my only little hobby is to have a drink, so if you can bring me 40 wines, I'll teach you a water spell - Wave! You don't have to bring them all once, you can bring them in batches.
What's special about this Wave spell?
Alright, just wait here...
40 wines? You are even worse than a looter!
The Wave spell can create a sustaining wave, damaging any enemy close to it.
Hey! {reg3?Girl:Boy}! Did you bring those wines? You still own me {reg6} wines!
I brought {reg5} wines.

Very well, you've brought them all, now I'll teach you the Wave spell!
Very well, keep going!
Un, well, goodbye!

Hey! {reg3?Girl:Boy}! Do you want to learn a new spell?
Just tell me what do you want this time.
Haha, it's always pleasant to speak with a smart one. I miss Ale's taste a little now, so if you bring me 20 Ales once, I'll teach you the Freezing Trail spell.
What's special about this Freezing Trail spell?
The Freezing Trail spell creates a freezing sphere under your feet, freezing your trail and anyone who dares to step on it. And you can activate and deactive it at will, no need to cost a big amount of mana at once, though it will constantly consume mana while it's activated. Almost the same as Buring Trail.
Haha! I knew you won't disappoint me. Well, listen... ^OK, now go! Oh wait, take this with you... Nonono, don't ask anything, don't say anything, just remember it will be useful... If you are lucky enough, you may... Now go...
Stop... bothering me... I'm not drunk... I'm not... Zzzzzz...

Hey! You found me!
Hey!{playername}, did you master the Cure spell? Did you reach the title I've asked?
Hey! It's been a while, right?

... Yes?
I can teach you Bull's strength.
What the hell is Bull's strength?
Well, just teach me now
The Bull's strength spell can temporally increase your strength on the battlefield
OK, got it? Then go now!

Huh... What kind of magic are you at home in?
Oh ~ , I'm a master of supporting magic.
Can you teach me them now?
It seems that you know the Cure spell, come back when you've mastered Cure and become a Intermediate Magician, Then I'll teach you the mass Cure. Now I'll teach you the Cat's Grace, which can temporally increase your agility on the battlefield.
It seems that you know the Cure and the Ammunition Restoration spell, come back when you've mastered Cure and become a Intermediate Magician, Then I'll teach you the mass Cure. Now I'll teach you the Cat's Grace, which can temporally increase your agility on the battlefield.
Since it seems that you never learned supporting magic, Now I'll teach you the Cat's Grace and the Cure spell, come back when you've mastered Cure and become a Intermediate Magician, Then I'll teach you the mass Cure.
Alright... got it, I'm leaving.
dCat's grace? Increase agility? Ok, knowing more won't hurt.
That's awesome! Teach me now!
OK... You may go now, and better start practicing the Cure at once, remember that you can learn the Mass Cure once you've mastered the Cure!
Haha, you got it! You are smart to learn it in such a short time! Now get practicing with the Cure, the earlier you master it, the earlier you can learn Mass Cure!
Teach the Mass Cure now!

Alright, listen, there's not much difference between Cure and Mass Cure...
Is that all? Well, I'm going.

Stop bothering me... 
Hey! Are you still ignoring me?
... Wait! I sense something belongs to my clan on you! Hand it to me!
What? Oh, I got a mysterious medal recently... Is this it?
I think you must have mistaken, I've got nothing interesting recently...
Ah! That's it! It's one of the three lost treasures of my clan! Can... Can you return it to me? A long time ago, one of my servant thought it was junk and discarded it...
Of course, it's yours now.
I don't care whose it was, since it's in my hand now, it's mine now!
How can you prove that it's yours?
Thank you! Thank you for find it for me, as a recompense, let me teach you a high level fire spell - Fire Shroud.
You... Well, if you return it to me, I will teach you a high level water spell - Tsunami.
I... I can't prove it... But if you can return it to me, I can teach you a long-lost spell - Summon Undead.

What's this Fire Shroud?
Great! Teach me now!

What's this Tsunami?
Great! Teach me now!

Summon Undead? What's that?
Great! Teach me now!

The real summon spell has been lost. There were Divine summon spells as well as Dark summon spells, but they are all lost, only my clan kept a record of low level dark summon spell - Summon Undead, which can only summon 7 undead at one time, but it is said that the most strong dark summon spell can summon the most powerful creature from hell - Dracolich, while a top-level divine summon spell can summon a Angel of Valor.
... Alright, give it to me!

Tsunami is a powerful spell, though the same type as the Wave spell, it's far more powerful, can create a man-tall wave.

Fire Shroud spell creates a shroud of fire around your body and protects you, damaging all who dares to approach you.

Here you are, I'm going.
Wait! You had the Miracle Medal, it seems that you have some talent, maybe you can find other lost treasures of my clan too! Now I beg of you, if you come across them, please return them to me, I promise you will not be disappointed!
Then what are they? 
... One is The Book of Lost Spells... You don't need to care about the other now, just come to me after you've got The Book of Lost spell. And one thing, how the scroll is lost is not important, the important thing is, it's in King Harlus's hands, so there's no way I can take it back, that's the same to you now, you've got to get enough bargaining chip first, catch him as a prisoner, for example...
Got it. Wait for my good news, I'm going now
Hey! Did you get The Book of Lost Spells? I have to warn you, there's noway you could understand it.
I took it from King Harlus by chance...
Great! Now give it to me!
You've got enough bargaining chip, do you?
Huh... Since it carries important secrects, I'm gonna keep it to myself, sorry, but I'm leaving...
Oh... Of course, this time I'm gonna teach you another lost spell -- one of the dimensional spells, Teleport!
What's this Teleport?
Huh... seems good enough. Alright, that's a deal.
I think... This dagger works better to me... No deal, I'm going.
Teleport allows you to travel through cracks of dimension, moving front 20 metres in 1 second, especially useful when being surrounded.
Well, you've got it, now can you return my dagger?
Here you are. There's one more left right? What's that? Maybe I can find it for you too.
... If it come back to me, that might means he's dead, that's not I want... ^That's nothing to do with you, now go
... Alright... If you say so...

Yes?
This... Red Kindle Sceptre... Is it yours
Nothing...
How... How did you get it? You know Brennor? how's him now?
He's ok, he... told me to return this to you... here...
Very well... he's still not changed...
Since he had chosen you, this wand, it's yours now...
Wait! What? You ... give it to me? Isn't this your clan's lost treasure?
To my clan, yes. Alright, no more question, this is your reward, a high level earth spell - Sandstorm... ^The Sandstorm is the most powerful existing spell, but it costs the most mana too.
... I got it...

Hey! There you are! You are a magictian right? Teach me magic! Just tell me what do you want!
Go... There's nothing I need from you...

Back
Top Bottom