NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

Users who are viewing this thread

Pode said:
I get a crash to desktop during the initial opening before the main menu.  I get past loading textures, then crash while loading data.  Did not have this issue with the non-translated version from http://pickup.mofile.com/1814455738908911 instead of the rayfile link in the first post.  So if you're really itching to play this, you can fall back a version and get a partially translated version working

UnRARing one file at a time, I've discovered that the crash is triggered by the new conversations.txt.  I've been able to take the old file from the mofile download and still get the benefit of the new patches (I can tell because my mana bar is overflowing now, and that's new).  I'll try to go through the conversation file and figure out what's making it flake out.

Edit 2: A problem, maybe not the problem, is in this line:
dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 'Fireball'?_Sounds_Good.  55  0
Apparently starting a line of dialog with a single quote mark confuses the code.  Take Fireball out of quotation marks and it runs fine so far

Edit 3: for clarity's sake, the line that works for me now reads:
dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 Fireball?_Sounds_good.  55  0

Yeah the mod has run perfectly after doing that. :grin:

Pode said:
I get a crash to desktop during the initial opening before the main menu.  I get past loading textures, then crash while loading data.  Did not have this issue with the non-translated version from http://pickup.mofile.com/1814455738908911 instead of the rayfile link in the first post.  So if you're really itching to play this, you can fall back a version and get a partially translated version working

UnRARing one file at a time, I've discovered that the crash is triggered by the new conversations.txt.  I've been able to take the old file from the mofile download and still get the benefit of the new patches (I can tell because my mana bar is overflowing now, and that's new).  I'll try to go through the conversation file and figure out what's making it flake out.

Edit 2: A problem, maybe not the problem, is in this line:
dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 'Fireball'?_Sounds_Good.  55  0
Apparently starting a line of dialog with a single quote mark confuses the code.  Take Fireball out of quotation marks and it runs fine so far

Edit 3: for clarity's sake, the line that works for me now reads:
dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 Fireball?_Sounds_good.  55  0
Thank you.
Your quotation, just remove the 'en'  from \Magic World\languages\
But I re-upload mod and ModuleSystem, just re-download it.

暗暗十分 said:
Thank you.

You're most welcome.  It was stopping me from playing your amazing mod, I had to find that glitch.  :cool: Thank you for clearing up the issue with the /en folder.  Deleting that caused all the correct conversation.txt dialog to appear, so it all seems to be working perfectly now.

Shifting over to gameplay advice, in the old thread gamecubetoby has found five mages:
Fireball - Wizard in Zendar in tower.
Cure - Go to the guild master in Praven and theres a wall with a gap. The wizard is in there.
Wave - At Jelkala as you go throguh the main gate theres some aldders to your right. Go up them and the wizard is near enoguh straight ahead of you. You have to bring him 40 wines though to get the devastating spell.
Dunno what spell - Sargoth - As you enter town go right, keep looking on your left and theres a guy behind a broken wagon thing. Although he doesn't talk... he says go away...
Dunno what spell - In Narra when you enter town go right, there will be some stairs. Go up them and turn left. Follow it round and there will be like a clothes line in between two houses, walk over it and the guy is stood on the other side of the building.
My most valuable lesson has been to not press the tab key to end a battle once I've won it.  As long as you're in a scene, your mana recharges, so celebrating a win puts you in better shape for the next fight.  Finally a reason to linger over my beer in the tavern!  The other tip I've found is that the highest power staff is not a wand like the others but an actual polearm, so keep that in mind as you build your wizard up or you'll be spending a lot of time in arenas later trying to boost your polearm proficiency

Well, actually your magic damage has nothing to do with your weapon proficiency, so there's no need to waste your time in arena.  :grin:

Pode said:
暗暗十分 said:
Thank you.

You're most welcome.  It was stopping me from playing your amazing mod, I had to find that glitch.  :cool: Thank you for clearing up the issue with the /en folder.  Deleting that caused all the correct conversation.txt dialog to appear, so it all seems to be working perfectly now.

Shifting over to gameplay advice, in the old thread gamecubetoby has found all(?) five mages:
Fireball - Wizard in Zendar in tower.
Cure - Go to the guild master in Praven and theres a wall with a gap. The wizard is in there.
Wave - At Jelkala as you go throguh the main gate theres some aldders to your right. Go up them and the wizard is near enoguh straight ahead of you. You have to bring him 40 wines though to get the devastating spell.
Dunno what spell - Sargoth - As you enter town go right, keep looking on your left and theres a guy behind a broken wagon thing. Although he doesn't talk... he says go away...
Dunno what spell - In Narra when you enter town go right, there will be some stairs. Go up them and turn left. Follow it round and there will be like a clothes line in between two houses, walk over it and the guy is stood on the other side of the building.
My most valuable lesson has been to not press the tab key to end a battle once I've won it.  As long as you're in a scene, your mana recharges, so celebrating a win puts you in better shape for the next fight.  Finally a reason to linger over my beer in the tavern!  The other tip I've found is that the highest power staff is not a wand like the others but an actual polearm, so keep that in mind as you build your wizard up or you'll be spending a lot of time in arenas later trying to boost your polearm proficiency
OK, but I hope you re-download this mod, because I also fixed a new BUG about 'Fireball' spell.

killop5 said:
暗暗十分, if you have 3 spells in one catogary then how do you cycle between them :razz:?

Press your number, E.G. if you have 3 fire spells press '6'.
When you done that press E.
When you wanna cycle through them press T.
When at required one press Left Mouse Button.
Your spell should be equiped.

How'd you get another spell into the same thing?
I've got in Fire - Fireball
Wave and Freezing - Wave
State magic - Cure and Speed
How get more? The guys i Sargoth and Narra dont talk to me. One says hello then ends the diolog and one says Do't disturb me.
Any ideas?

Ah thanks yes T works  :twisted:

I dunno about that guy ither, I jsut got 3 in support spells, Healing, some cat somthingorother and some other one.

Max.Pain said:
Well, actually your magic damage has nothing to do with your weapon proficiency, so there's no need to waste your time in arena.  :grin:
I thought proficiency with a weapon class also helped with attack speed?  I tend to get mobbed and spend a lot of a fight running backwards trying like hell to get a fireball off between hits
暗暗十分 said:
OK, but I hope you re-download this mod, because I also fixed a new BUG about 'Fireball' spell.
So much for all the textfile tweaks I'd made via TML's list, then.  Oh well, not that bad to redo.

I find it a bit hard to target certain spells. Fireball is ok, but the rail gun is really difficult to aim well. Is it possible to put in a targeting recticle for spells? Of course, maybe my battle mage's problem is he's mounted so he moves too fast.

Also could the stat modifiers be posted for what they do when you choose mage's apprentice/intern and such.

Where do I buy more wands (because I was captured once and lost it) and is it possible to get better wands? Maybe have a wand shop in Zandar?

If these changes are possible in just txt editing, that would be really helpful so we wouldn't have to re-download.

-I'm starting to wonder if you have to capture and convert wizards from AI lord armies. 
-Wands crop up in the arms merchants like other gear, but at very low frequencies, 40 or less out of a typical 100.  There are five levels of wand/staff, better ones increase your mana recharge rate as well as doing more damage.  They're easily the most costly things in the game, though.  Keep a LOT of cash on hand so that you don't miss an opportunity to upgrade.

Spoilers from the dialog file
-Teleport
Xun Bao (who lives where?) will teach you teleport if you bring him the book of lost spells.
Number of mages
There are 10 including the tutorial one in Zendar.  One of them (I think the one in Narra) will never teach you anything.

Ok, i've put this in a few posts now :grin:.

I've so far found 5 mages.

Zendar - In the tower, he'll teach you fireball.

Narra - Go into the town and turn right, go up the staircase and turn left. Follow it round until you get to a dead end and looking at the wall at the dead end look left. You'll see the wizard on top of a building. Walk across the washing line to get to him. Doesn't teach anything, just says 'Hello!'

Sargoth - Go into the town and turn right. Keep an eye out on your left and theres a mini passageway. Go down it and you'll see him. He doesn't teach anything. All he says is 'Do't disturb me!' Also i was at Wercheg once and i ran into a group of bandits ( typical ) and the mage who lives in Sargoth was fighting ageanst me! Weird?!

Jelkala - You'll spawn in the middle of the town, make your way to the entrance and go up the staircase ( Theres a ladder on the staircase but you can walk through it ) and the wizard is pretty much infront of you when you get up. Bring him 40 wine to learn Wave, the water spell.

Praven - Go to the guild master and theres a lil wall with a gap. Go through and talk to wizard. you'll learn Cure, Restock ammunition ( very useful ) and speed.

Anybody know anymore??

Edit : Gonna put every town on here and ill search em for wizards.

Veluca - No wizard.
Jelkala - Wave wizard.
Yalen - To be discovered.
Tihr - No wizard.
Sargoth - Wizard found, nothing to learn.
Wercheg - To be discovered.
Rivacheg - To be discovered.
Reyvadin - To be discovered.
Knudan - To be discovered.
Curaw - To be discovered.
Tulga - To be discovered.
Ichamer - To be discovered.
Halmar - To be discovered.
Narra - Wizard found, nothing to learn.
Praven - State magic wizard.
Dhirim - To be discovered.
Suno - To be discovered.
Uxkhal - To be discovered.
Zendar - Starting wizard, fireball learned.

I am going to do really big checks on the towns which i havn't found a wizard tommorow. Wish me luck!!

If you've been in a town that says 'To be discovered' and found a wizard please post in this thread and i'll add it! :grin:

Thanks.

I've noticed that if cheat mode is on and you use a certain cheat (not sure exactly how or which one is activated) it unlocks all spells. I dont recommend it because you dont practice you dont level your mana up enough to use the high level spells anyway. But just throwing that out there if anyone wants to test out all the fun spells.

I also was able to capture enemy mages like other units from lord armies and eventually recruit them. Never found a tavern or anything like that to recruit from. (btw. Master level mages are over level 50 and dominate. And the mages make besieging a castle really easy if the enemy doesn't have many mages)

I got a problem i downloaded it and put it in modules folder but when i start the game it ain't in the menu (u know the one where u can choose native, ....,....,....)

Back
Top Bottom