New Mod Announcement: Bronze And Blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Kvedulf

Sergeant Knight
I have begun working on my own mod.  It will be an as historically accurate as possible representation of Bronze Age Greece and the Near East.  It will, by final release, a full modification of Native.  However, as I have only just begun working on the mod and have never modded before, first release will be something closer to the TPW demo.  I did want to postpone my announcement until I had something to show, but I decided to make my announcement now.

As of typing this, I have renamed the first 5 factions, added another 11, completely restructured the Helladic troop trees and begun customising the troop trees to specific factions.  I will update this post as I continue working.

I have plans and concepts that I want to place in my mod, but I've decided not to state them here until I have determined what my own, personal coding limitations and capabilities are.

Now, this is where I need you.  Yes, you!  While I do have developing coding skills, and very basic modelling skills, my texture creating abilities are sub-par.  What I really want is people to provide me with models and textures for my mod.  This website is a good start for references: http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/index.htm .

I know that people here have a pretty dim view on people announcing mods and having nothing to show that they are doing work, but that's because I have only just started and not done any modelling/texturing.

Thanks for reading and please be gentle :grin:

Hey, I wanted to make this! :grin:

No, not really. But I was thinking about such a mod. Good luck to you.

(looking forward to the factions, I'm really curious how you managed to scramble 16 of them :smile:)

At the moment, my focus is on Greece itself.  The sixteen factions are based around the list of Greek ships in the Illiad.  The kings and most of the lords are also characters from the Illiad and Odyssey.  So, for example, I have Ithaka led by Odysseus, Mykene led by Agamemnon and Argos led by Diomedes.  The troop tree is pretty extensive but considering that they're all Mycenaeans, 14 of the factions use the same base tree with slight factional differences.  I won't add the Cycladic, Cretan, Trojan or Hittite factions I want until I work out what I'm doing with ocean crossing and naval combat.

In terms of mod feel, I want it to feel something like a Bronze Age version of Lords of War.  I may have to give it a course language and adult themes warning :grin:

Kvedulf said:
I won't add the Cycladic, Cretan, Trojan or Hittite factions I want until I work out what I'm doing with ocean crossing and naval combat.

Troy and the rest of Asia Minor is way down the track.  I need to finish troops first.  And equipment, characters,  mercenaries, NPCs, certain scripts I want to implement, a map, new dialogue, new scenes and thousands of things I probably haven't even thought of yet.  And I have to do research on everything.

But rest assured, when it is implemented, the city of Troy will be something special.  Hopefully...

I'm happy to see another mod about my favourite age in development :smile:
Somehow this age has all the cool weapons and armour 'n such as the dark ages, imo, are rather boring and lack the variety of shapes and colours.

Good luck and pm me if you need me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom