SP Medieval New Mod: “Europa - 1300 AD” (Updates, see page 39+40)

Should I change the direction of the mod (see page 19 for details)?

• Go for it and God speed!

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • What the hell were you thinking? Shut up and get back to work!

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

hello m8 and fair winds with the mod. It looks like I can spend hours on end in this mod.. I wonder, if U need any help about the Danes? Im from Denmark, and would be more that glad to help. Im making a Mod myself anyway (just have alot of problems with Phython :S ) so info about = ask me.. :smile:

Good luck.

Fiskerlord

Tohtori Kaneli said:
Is there Finland in this Mod?  :roll:

Well, I believe Finland was under the control of Sweden a the time of this mod, so probably not. At least, not as a country. Is the land itself going to be in the mod? There is that possibility.

Soo. The Europe 1200 mod has been released. It´s good mod. Let´s wait for it´s only competition (this mod).  Good luck :wink:

Eh... I don't think the 2 mods are really on the same playing field. This mod's been in development for far longer.

I cant say, because I dont know what exactly this mod contains. It can be longer under construction, but maybe the main creator is too busy to work only on this mod. I dont know. But what I do know, I will love both mods  :wink:  Good competiton is always welcome.

Peacemaker said:
I cant say, because I dont know what exactly this mod contains. It can be longer under construction, but maybe the main creator is too busy to work only on this mod. I dont know. But what I do know, I will love both mods  :wink:  Good competiton is always welcome.

It has some amazingly high-quality models and textures.

Finish this amazing mod please!!!
Are the crowns of Navarra, Aragon and Portugal in this mod? I am not sure if Navarra was ruled by the French King or not at that time, I think it was independent.

Barry_bon_Loyale said:
Kingdoms of Bohemia and Poland
What ? Where did you found this ?

Look at this map:
Polska_1333_-_1370.png

In history Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia weren't together.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for my English.

Continue the work!
This mod will be great!

There is the Republic of Venice (great!),in the other one there is not.

In this period the north of italy was divided in a lot of little nations (almost every city was a different country with different language), they have little military power but great wealth (some years later the artistic rebirth called renaissance started here thanks to this wealth).

Formally possession of the Holy Roman Empire they were independent in deed (Venice was independent in name and in deed and was a former province of the Byzantine Empire in name but not in deed) since 1250.

I think the most important was the city of Florence (with Venice,of course), they invented banks and became the France's main creditor.

For this wealth and its little military power northern italy was the objective of the stronger neighbours but the ability in politics and allegiances of the rulers of the cities allow them to mantain independence for centuries bringing the others finght each other.

Elenmmare said:
Peacemaker said:

It has some amazingly high-quality models and textures.

Thank you for the compliment. 

I am, however, finding it difficult to find time to work on the mod, as I'm working on others as well at the moment. 

Felthorn said:
Finish this amazing mod please!!!
Are the crowns of Navarra, Aragon and Portugal in this mod? I am not sure if Navarra was ruled by the French King or not at that time, I think it was independent.

Aragon and Portugal yes, Navarra, no.  It was a smaller entity at the time and very much tied to/part of the Crown of Castile. 

Insid3 said:
Barry_bon_Loyale said:
Kingdoms of Bohemia and Poland
What ? Where did you found this ?

Look at this map:
Polska_1333_-_1370.png

In history Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia weren't together.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for my English.

Actually, yes they were.

First, the map is 33 years off the mod's date, so it naturally does not reflect the situation in the year 1300. 

Second, Wenceslaus II of Bohemia was King of Bohemia and Poland. 

http://www.answers.com/topic/wenceslaus-ii-of-bohemia

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0851844.html

Wenceslaus II was crowned King of Poland in the year 1300, so he was King of Bohemia and Poland.  That ended at the end of his reign, so naturally it wouldn't be there in 1333. 

Imnotwhatiam said:
Continue the work!
This mod will be great!

There is the Republic of Venice (great!),in the other one there is not.

In this period the north of italy was divided in a lot of little nations (almost every city was a different country with different language), they have little military power but great wealth (some years later the artistic rebirth called renaissance started here thanks to this wealth).

Formally possession of the Holy Roman Empire they were independent in deed (Venice was independent in name and in deed and was a former province of the Byzantine Empire in name but not in deed) since 1250.

I think the most important was the city of Florence (with Venice,of course), they invented banks and became the France's main creditor.

For this wealth and its little military power northern italy was the objective of the stronger neighbours but the ability in politics and allegiances of the rulers of the cities allow them to mantain independence for centuries bringing the others finght each other.

The Republic of Venice was important at the time, and the other most important Italian kingdom from what I could see was Sicily. 

Florence will be present in the mod, even if it's not attached to a kingdom.  Also in Florence will be the famous Florentine who resided there at the time.

I considered adding Genoa, but they will have mercenaries in the mod.  I try not to add factions because I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy, and adding factions means less variety for each faction. 

And your assessment of Northern Italy being an target for larger kingdoms holds very true from what I've read. 

mightywolve said:
Awesome, great keep it up!  :smile:

Thanks.  I will try to keep it up, but with other mods and outside projects, there's been a lot of time juggling going on. 

Wenceslaus II was a king of a 2 territories. Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia, but These Kingdoms were never be like Great Duchy of Lithuania and Kingdom of Poland union. Wenceslaus II neither going to unification Those kingdoms. He going to strengthened the Bohemia, so Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia have this same King, but nothing more...

Hi, just wanted to say that you can't forget about sweden... Freaking vikings ^^  RAPE, PILLAGE!

Mod looks great, keep it up =)

Insid3 said:
Wenceslaus II was a king of a 2 territories. Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia, but These Kingdoms were never be like Great Duchy of Lithuania and Kingdom of Poland union. Wenceslaus II neither going to unification Those kingdoms. He going to strengthened the Bohemia, so Kingdom of Poland and Kingdom of Bohemia have this same King, but nothing more...

Of course, the two kingdoms did not merge in a sole political entity, but the king was the same, and in those times the real power did not rely on countries, states and institutions: the real power was on dynasties and fiefs. The more vassals you had, the more powerful you were, and the king of Poland and Bohemia was obviously very powerful.

Feudalism did not understand of boundaries. Bohemia was just a territorial name. Dynasties grew and fell: the Plantagenets grew, the Hohenstaufen fell, etc. In the time of the Emperor Heinrich, the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire was also king of Sicily; this did not made the two kingdoms the same, but if the king went at war with France, both Germany and Sicily went to war. That's the thing.

Secret Panda said:
Hi, just wanted to say that you can't forget about sweden... Freaking vikings ^^  RAPE, PILLAGE!

Not to mention the Irish.I love playing the Irish due to my families heritage.I'm particularly enjoying pushing the english out of Ireland with my rabble of Irishmen.

EDIT:I forgot to mention that I'm playing the Europe 1200 mod.

avallon said:
nice mod man keep it up

Thanks, I will try. 

Insid3 said:

He was King of both territories, thus Polish lords and dukes swore fealty to him.  It would be inaccurate to have Poland as separate with it's own king besides Wenceslaus.  There was a discussion a few pages back, but in it, it was stated that the Poles will have a separate banner and the lords will be split in half, half Bohemian and half Polish. 

Well said, Cèsar de Quart

Secret Panda said:

As Skot the Sanguine goes on to state, the Swedes were not Vikings at this time.       

Skot the Sanguine said:
By 1300 the Swedes were as western as any other country in Europe.  The viking age ended 300 years earlier.

Famous Florentine...nothing to do with a layered fire would it?

It is indeed to do with a layered fire.  A while ago I found out the Florentine was alive, well, and active during this time period. 

Back
Top Bottom