New messages window

Users who are viewing this thread

FantasyWarrior

Hi all  :grin:

I've always tried to remove the warband message windows, this  :???:
3-8837f5d453.jpg

Without succes, i've just spotted the window corners in user_interface_b.brf but i don't know how to remove the black part with transparency.

please do you have an idea for remove totaly this window ?

And if it's possible i want change the font size and color for something  like this
Fv1w6.jpg

And this
mCzNL.jpg

Thanks in advance  :grin:

Sorry for my english...

Hi produno  :grin:
it's a pleasure!

Yes but where is this transparent black texture ?  :neutral:

I looked everywhere :roll:

The "texture" is not in the user_interface.Brf but maybe in a Brf like material.brf but i cant find it.

FantasyWarrior said:
Hi all  :grin:

I've always tried to remove the warband message windows, this  :???:
3-8837f5d453.jpg

Without succes, i've just spotted the window corners in user_interface_b.brf but i don't know how to remove the black part with transparency.

please do you have an idea for remove totaly this window ?

And if it's possible i want change the font size and color for something  like this
Fv1w6.jpg

And this
mCzNL.jpg

Thanks in advance  :grin:

Sorry for my english...

It's hardcoded. The mesh uses a stretched predefined vertex colored mesh (
Code:
white_mesh
? which is used for everything in the game), plus some specific detail meshes for corners, plus materials. I guess you could remove the semitransparent background with some BRF/shader trickery. But it will disappear for all the tooltips (e.g. the inventory ones), not just in the map.

Text will still be visible (albeit much harder to see... eye strain and all that), but you can minimize the amount of text shown using party flags like
Code:
pf_hide_defenders
(take a look to other stuff in the headers). I guess you could hide some of the
Code:
printf
'd text templates by overriding some of the translation files for the GUI and replacing the strings by whitespace or nulls.

Also, there's a script callback (don't ask me who is it called) for adding extra text in there. So you can remove as much code from it as you deem it acceptable.

Other than that is going to get a bit ridiculous.

--

Apart from that, I could tell you that the bottom bar of the campaign map can be also overridden (mesh/material/shader, not only texture) and you could do fancier stuff like alpha-blending the texture or creating overhangs, or even extending it to avoid cutting the helmet sharply. You know, on that line.

That seems more useful than removing information from tooltips, which are there for obvious reasons, including giving you assurance that the pointer is pointing to the right place. That seems a bit silly until you find out that the collision for parties is a freaking smallish hardcoded box for everything and that the geometry doesn't count.

Thank you Swyter !

Damn it's very interesting, but my english is limited...

hmmm... :mrgreen:

If i have the location of the codes for (if cursor on a npc...start windows, It is at module_presentation ?  :mrgreen: ) i can easily replace it by a sound  :wink: (if cursor on a npc...play sound or call_script)

a script like :
if npc is mercenary : play sound "mercenary greetings"
bards : bard's greetings...

And for soldier on the battle map a sound like "knight at your service", "archer ready"...
And i dont know what is the solution for the window towns infos.

Sorry  :lol:

It is a good start thanks!

Back
Top Bottom