New map - 'Dodo Island' 100% Done [3/25, Updated]

Users who are viewing this thread

The only problem I have is it seems like...pretty small. I say this because...when a faction war breaks out it'll be nasty.

Deserath said:
The only problem I have is it seems like...pretty small. I say this because...when a faction war breaks out it'll be nasty.

Hmm, agreed. Would it be possible, if those mountains in the back arn't dong anything special, to add a little more open, non forested area there instead?

Sort of a battleground, if you wish. Just remove a peak or two and make it an open area?

It would look better if you arranged the market stalls into economic class.

For eample, instead of putting all the dresses in one tent, put the poorer quality dresses in a poor area and the flippery dresses in the rich district.

Guys, i think it would require remaking the map from scratch in order to increase it's size.

Or maybe not, i have never modded M&B before.

However, i suggest we give it a try in it's current size. Maybe the smalelr size appeals to the players and makes the map more "active"?

Eragon91 said:
Guys, i think it would require remaking the map from scratch in order to increase it's size.

However, i suggest we give it a try in it's current size. Maybe the smalelr size appeals to the players and makes the map more "active"?

More active or more busy? It must be as big to don't be busy, and as small to don't be non-active. If I make a mistake in this words, sorry ;P. But when on server playing 100-150 players test map is very active.

This map looks really awesome, but I agree with the others that it might be a little too small. Perhaps adding some more islands could give some extra room and reduce the tensions that will likely come between factions? Even a few small islands with maybe houses/mines/villages on them could allow people not to feel the need to kill each other.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:

For eample, instead of putting all the dresses in one tent, put the poorer quality dresses in a poor area and the flippery dresses in the rich district.
super ideas pilgrim!
you are mega mind!

I like new map it looks promising!!!!!!!! i think there willn't be any lag :grin: or little lags :grin: (god damn my old comp) PLS Make more water i think ship battles will be great !! and i have 1 question players will be able to build ships? :grin:

PRAETORIANN said:
I like new map it looks promising!!!!!!!! i think there willn't be any lag :grin: or little lags :grin: (god damn my old comp) PLS Make more water i think ship battles will be great !! and i have 1 question players will be able to build ships? :grin:

Build ships. I am not sure, but I think - no. Players can't build ship. I was engineer many times, I know the best materials combination, etc. but I never show when other players build ship. I think we can't do it.

Deserath said:

Dodo Island is twice bigger than 'Test Map'

Eragon91 said:
Great job :grin:

the town is wonderful and the scenery looks very beautiful with all the addons.

I Can't wait to try it out :grin:

May i suggest adding some practice areas in the castles? I can see into the courtyard of the desert castle, and it seem rather empty.

Add some working practice-dummys & targets,(Can be found in Leroys map and the tutorial)  and perhaps some weak practice weapons? To give the soldiers something to do while waiting for orders 8]

Or perhaps that was planned in the last 20%?

PS: Is there only 1 mine?

Good suggestion. I will considerately do some 'decorations'(like cups, tables, jars,.. etc) after finishing 'important things' (like mines, castles, ambush points.. etc)

Because I consider 'FPS' very carefully.

So, 'decorations'( as you said) will be included in '20%'

Suspicous Pilgrim said:

You know, it is a too annoying thing. For doing that, I have to do make sorts and classify all items. I will make it when I get bored :smile:

Eragon91 said:

It is the largest scene size that Warband system can hold. It looks small, but actually it is really big. I am littlebit concerend that ppl get bored when they realize they should walk a long way :smile:

The Castles just seem really close, have you thought of replacing 1-2 for other RP purposes? Just something that isn't a Castle Faction of War..Make sense at all?

Deserath said:
The Castles just seem really close, have you thought of replacing 1-2 for other RP purposes? Just something that isn't a Castle Faction of War..Make sense at all?
Maybe a monastery/outpost at the top of the highest peak or some such... or a secluded island that can be reached only by ship, which could maybe have a monastery or some other structure on it

Or both!

Back
Top Bottom