OSP Kit Campaign New kingdom management(Module system download post #3)

Users who are viewing this thread

iggorbb,

You mentioned you implemented a different troop tree and I was trying to do the same thing but obviously I made a mistake somewhere as every lord is starting out with only themselves in their army and no one seems to be getting any reinforcements.  I thought I had made all the necessary changes but I must be missing one or more things.

I obviously made changes to module_troops as well as changing module_scripts where the deserter, guard, messenger, etc. appear and module_party_templates where you put in the reinforcements.  I basically just replaced BP's troops with the one I created and the only significant difference is that his troop tree has more options than the one I created.  The names are slightly different as well but it looks like my changes were consistent.  Do you, or anyone else for that matter have any idea where I may have gone astray and prevented every single lord from gaining troops?  Thanks.

Oh I guess two other potentially important changes are, I added some companions and I moved the companions below the pretenders to get rid of KHIPB.  I suppose those could also have caused something to go screwy.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Nord Champion said:
Hey guys, I'm back! I was wondering is everything fixed now?  :cool:

It seems so, or if not it completely fixed it is certainly playable at this point.  If you download the version in post 3 you may want to make the change SPD Phoenix suggests on page 3 I think to remove KHIPB from the game.

I still got problems with scripts I posted, and everyone I asked didnt answered nothing on question I asked about. Still, if you want it I can give whole troop tree to you. It is based on Byzantion troops as in medieval total war.

No I'm not looking for a new troop tree, I am just trying to figure out where I managed to screwed things up in my game.  Everything worked with yours at least as far as lords having troops at the start?  Did you add any new companions? 

As to your question, was it about the Troops that serve as town guards?  Or something else?  With all the competing post last page it was a little hard to follow what was going on.  If it was the town guard thing I thought that was set in module_scripts in the section below, but I could be wrong.  The bold line is the one I thought set the town guard.

(faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),#Kingdom Management Begin 
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_rebel_swordsman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_protector"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_rebel_light_cavalry"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_guardian"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_protector"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),
      (try_end),

If it was the question about companion lords rebelling I have no clue but I though that they were, except for the brief interlude between you promoting them and them appearring, always part of fac_player_supporters_faction, or players_faction, but I really don't understand what the difference is.

After you promoted them to be lords they will briefly join the commoners faction but within 3 days they should join yours. 

Yes, I have 30 companions. I had 50, but I was borred and deleted 20.
Yes, I do have all set in scripts. As I said, they were there, and when I started game tomorow day, they wasnt there, there was Vaeghir lower troops, such as Vaegir footman or skirmisher...
And yes about companions, do they declare war against you in that 3 days period.

Hmm.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Just to be clear when you say that they were there, do you mean in the game or in module_scripts?  If they were in the game then if you made any changes between the time you saw them and they disappeared then try rolling them back. 

I have started making copies of the module each time I make a change so that I can see what is happening with each change.  If you haven't done that yet, you might consider rolling all the way back to the beginning and starting from scratch and implementing only one major change at a time.  That is what I am in the process of doing to try an track down this weird reinforcement problem I've got.  I've seen other post similar issue and most people said to check the party templates module but right now my party templates is the same as the original one for BP, as is the troop tree so I don't think that is the problem.  My only guess now is that the placement of the companions after the pretenders is causing the problem but if that is the case then I am sure KHIPB will come back.  If moving that doesn't fix things then I am rolling back up through the changes to find my last working version and start anew from there.

Erm... they was in game, militia was infront of gates and infront entrance in courtyard, and militia sergeants was infront of prison and castle door. So I taught that maybe this visitor setting was reason for messing my guards.
I have few backups, Ill consider rolling back my actions. I didnt mention that I had rubiks faction restoration, and that caused companions act like that, and my companions are standard ones, right below npc16_kelti.
And I didnt understand which lords had army or whatever, just want to say that I should kick out option to recruit lords like in Highlanders km, I will update it tomorow,other lords are working fine.

Perhaps it is companion placement after pretenders that is the problem.  I never got rid of KHAPB in Revenge of the Berserk.  I just renamed his ingame name and gave him armor.  And I don't have problems with the reinforcements.

As much as I know, if you place some troop right after pretenders, that troop will act and have dialogs just as other pretenders, correct me if I am wrong.
EDIT: You can place companions under #Add extra companions... line but you will have to create whole new dialogs for that and also new strings, now, dialogs can be just copied above #companions line in dialogs but I dont know how to do it in strings.

How to make my companion heroes follow my command without a kingdom and become a lord without any town or castle.

Thanx

Berserker Pride said:
Perhaps it is companion placement after pretenders that is the problem.  I never got rid of KHAPB in Revenge of the Berserk.  I just renamed his ingame name and gave him armor.  And I don't have problems with the reinforcements.

It is the Companion placement.  Moving them below pretenders somehow break them getting troops.  I realized later yesterday it had to be a "heroes" issue since the towns and castles did have garrisons, just the lords did not.

Two questions for you about your changes to KHIPB tuple, I noticed that this new lord is not listed under the faction as a vassal, just as an additional link like a pretender, it is not a big deal I was just wondering if you knew a fix for that.  The other question is I think between adding new companions and giving KHIPB a name I'll need to add additional banners, is that something you had to do too?

iggorbb said:
As much as I know, if you place some troop right after pretenders, that troop will act and have dialogs just as other pretenders, correct me if I am wrong.
EDIT: You can place companions under #Add extra companions... line but you will have to create whole new dialogs for that and also new strings, now, dialogs can be just copied above #companions line in dialogs but I dont know how to do it in strings.

Well you need to modify module constants and change the pretender_end line, among others.  But it is irrelevant now since I can confirm that moving the npc's is the cause of the problem I was seeing.  Just to be clear I moved the whole block of npc's from npc_1 to the last one I added.

You would need new banners yes.  Unless your mod has lords of one kingdom all use the kingdom banner like Revenge of the Berserk does.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was just about to modify my last post because I was reviewing dzorro's post back on page 9 and was getting the same error.  Not a problem as I was planning on adding banners anyway

For the sake of my sanity I opted to go with the one banner per faction as well.

Thanks again, and great work on this.

I updated script. I found that this script was not reason for problems I had, so it is safe to use if you like.

I attempted to use this Kit. actually I used the Module System download (This one http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7A4NZWIP). This is what I did.

1) I ran the Module System with no errors.
2) I created a character to test and see how the kingdom management would work and to see what options there were.
3) I then took over a castle with out being a vassal.
4) I went and got a companion. I noticed there were no options in dialog so I took him all the way to level 22 (Not one time was I ever given the option to add to his leadership but I could boost all other attributes) I did this because I remember reading in this string that all companion had to have a certain leadership rating.

I still have no other options then I did before with native. No matter what screen I go to or who i talk to.

I looked in the troop trees just to see if there was an additional faction for the player and there was. So I do know that it was compiled. but how to actually use it is beyond me.

It is hardcoded that leadership can't be increased for npc's.  The new value is charisma higher than 15.  I will take a look at that module system though and see if there is a separate issue.

Back
Top Bottom