NEW Kabuto and Armor For Gekokujo (Final version released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Guys!

First of all i would like to thank you Aruda this amazing pack. I really appreciate your work :smile:.  Also I'm really happy to see how many active guys are here. BIG BROFIST!

On the other hand i have some problems unfortunately :sad:.. I really like these hairy kabutos, they are amazing, but almost works correctly for me.. q.q here is some pictures I would really appreciate if you could help me guys :smile:

kep1.png

kep2.png

Okay I added everything and it seems like it works, but unfortunately cuz of the mod change it changed my helmet to an armor :facepalm:
in Hojo there aren't any of these cool helmets now.. :c I'll check again tomorrow..

679abt4u6d9jr3euk3ok.png

Thanks for help :smile:

Wow :shock: thats new. I didnt receive any bug report like that and i checked the mod myself (i play it myself) there must be something wrong with your itemkinds1.txt be sure to add new item codes to the bottom of the list.

This mod is absolutely great! I wish we would get way more of these. Also, will some of these armors be given to their respective lords? And will you be planning on making some more retainers armors or peasant ones?
And on more question, are the armors designed after lords supposed to be assigned to them? Or should I just use morghs?
Thank you again for making Geko better then it already is!

Grandburger said:
This mod is absolutely great! I wish we would get way more of these. Also, will some of these armors be given to their respective lords? And will you be planning on making some more retainers armors or peasant ones?
And on more question, are the armors designed after lords supposed to be assigned to them? Or should I just use morghs?
Actually im making a submod that contains everything you asked, 100+ new items with edited old ones (from retainer armors to hatamotos and lords), historical appearences of lords, new scenes, ability to select culture and  custom troops for players, new interior, exterior and siege scenes, numerous tweaks and much more.  :grin: also thank you for your kind words, you should check the last 3-4 pages of submod section and screenshots section for screenshots about my submod.

Holy crap thats awesome! Thank you so much for doing this for the community, I've literally been wanting for a very immersive Japanese warring era mod like this, for a very long time! Thank you again Aruda! Now I can save my money and spend lots and lots of more hours on just mount and blade!  :lol:

Aruda said:
Grandburger said:
Actually im making a submod that contains everything you asked, 100+ new items with edited old ones (from retainer armors to hatamotos and lords), historical appearences of lords, new scenes, ability to select culture and  custom troops for players, new interior, exterior and siege scenes, numerous tweaks and much more.  :grin: also thank you for your kind words, you should check the last 3-4 pages of submod section and screenshots section for screenshots about my submod.

Would this include formal wear as well not just armor?  Entire mod needs a make over honestly, though that is a lot of ask of anyone. 

Even some mercenary unique stuff, like Samurai robes with a some segments of armor, but not a full set of armor, like a mercenary likely would have if they couldn't afford, but picked up what they could.  Stuff like that would make even bland units in the game interest. 

Isn't that basically what you get when you mix and match armor pieces anyway? Like a red helmet on a black breastplate with green shoes?

PPQ_Purple said:
Isn't that basically what you get when you mix and match armor pieces anyway? Like a red helmet on a black breastplate with green shoes?
Not quite.  That would be true, if armor segmentation existed on this game, similar to say Bethesda's Fallout 4, which you can wear armor segments over most clothing allowing you to miss match different types/pieces while wearing your normal clothing underneath it if allowed.    Knowing that isn't possible on this game though.

There was actually a scene on The Last Samurai which during the last battle showed an insanely under dressed samurai, wearing his normal robes, but with a bit of armor over top as if he was the poorest warrior on the field, and honestly a nice touch in the film, having at least a few of them not decked out in full armor.  :roll:

Coraline said:
Not quite.  That would be true, if armor segmentation existed on this game, similar to say Bethesda's Fallout 4, which you can wear armor segments over most clothing allowing you to miss match different types/pieces while wearing your normal clothing underneath it if allowed.    Knowing that isn't possible on this game though.

There was actually a scene on The Last Samurai which during the last battle showed an insanely under dressed samurai, wearing his normal robes, but with a bit of armor over top as if he was the poorest warrior on the field, and honestly a nice touch in the film, having at least a few of them not decked out in full armor.  :roll:
Some armor meshes are made out of several sub-meshes. Those can be separated in OpenBRF and then put together without actually merging them which allows for each segment to use its own texture.

P.S Most of phlpp´s models are quite simple and only the pauldrons can be put aside. But Jacobhinds´ are more complex and allow for better mix and match.

can some1 please post their item_kinds1 txt file ? i think im doing mine wrong, i dont understand what tho, when i copy paste the text from the mod file to the original Sugoroku item kinds file add the number 46 then everyone in the inn is naked, i went to see the things in the battlefield and all the soldiers were barefeet with crossbows, clubs, chinese wadaos and so on.

also, im using game version 1.170

Hey there, so I followed the instructions as listed on page 1. It seems that when I get to the part where it says "processing INI" file it crashes, and then it says "unable to load Module/gekokujo/Resources/diversearmorandkabuto.brf". I double checked my module.ini, and at the bottom of the "load_mod_resources" list, I copy and pasted as written. I also followed the instruction for adding the items, into the item_kinds1 and then adding 46 to whatever number I had at the top. Has anyone encountered this issue before and knows how to possibly solve ? Perhaps where I went wrong?

I am currently running the latest version of M&B:Warband which is 1.172

Thanks!

UPDATE: I seemed to of fixed it. In the download, the module.ini file says this

load_mod_resource = diversarmorandkabuto <--- add this the bottom of the "load_mod_resource" list

issue is, the file in question is spelt diversearmorandkabuto, so fixing this typo in my module.ini file to say "load_mod_resource = diversearmorandkabuto" seems to of fixed it.

It seems that i made a spelling mistake in the instructions  :facepalm:, but on the first page of this topic you can find the corrected entry.

Glad you solved the problem. Have fun! :party:

I'm probably after making a tits of this, I did what was instructed to the best of my understanding and ability however whenever I try to boot up gekokujo  it stops working and says "error" as well as saying that it can't get something in the resource folder or something. could someone help me with further instructions or telling me where I went wrong? I'm new to all this sort of thing

I followed the instructions to the best of my understanding and yet the game fails to load (it got to loading the setting and it crashed). Can anyone help please? I probably made mistakes when trying to sort it out

Back
Top Bottom