New History-Based Anno 1257 Youtube Let's Play as Nicaea

Users who are viewing this thread

Must have missd that info :smile: Not very technical my self regarding this kind of video recording, but thanks anyway :smile:

@Stevehoos Thanks! Yeah, sorry about Saphet. As the series went on I only showed battles that at the time I knew to be different in terrain than what was seen. That was during my push through the Egyptians which I did mostly behind the scenes. If I had known ahead of time I would have been happy to showcase it. The battle scenes in this mod are second to none. Well, Jerusalem was awesome but a little big for my tastes :razz:. The coastal Crusader city, Tyre, was really cool too. Thank you for your hard work, and the rest of the team! I really really hope you all get back together when Bannerlord is released.  :lol:

@Everyone else: The series is complete. It shows in various levels of detail the ascension of a minor noble in the Roman Empire of Nicaea and his adventures through politics, military, land management, marriage, and a healthy dose of tournaments. It shows the Empire growing from being a minor regional power on the decline to restoring the borders of the Eastern Roman Empire - and then some. I like to think of the series in two parts. Part 1 is the first 30 episodes or so and that ends with the conquest of Constantinople, and then part 2 moves a lot faster and covers the recovery of the Empire and ends with the conquest of our ancestral capitol of Rome.

I'm confident enough to say that where Arcade Knight (on here as Plaidrab) does a great job showing off the West and the British Isles, I show off the Near East, Middle East, North Africa, the Balkans, and Italy.

I'm able to go over a lot of actual history, but not nearly as much as I would have liked to. Maybe 20% of the episodes have something history related in them, and they are spread out.

To the modding team: Thank you so much for this amazing mod and making this historical experience possible. Your hard work showed and as you can see from the sheer amount of time I put into it, I had a blast.

-Marcus

Haha, I did the Jerusalem scene too :shock: Don't hate me. :mrgreen: I remember watching episode 51 or so and thinking you were going to run into trouble trying to take the city with the initial force you had. Thanks again, it was good to see someone playing that scene.  :grin: There is also a giant town/market scene in Jerusalem, I made it so big (did not know what I was doing at first :wink:) it caused the mod to crash becasue of the object count.

You should do another play through, Dr.Tomas is poised with another update once the viking DLC gets released. Should be some more fixes. And in the new version you can buy mercenary fighters after you take a town to get a head start on your garrison.

Greetings Marcus Aurelius,

your Let's play will be very interesting to see.

As rp player, I have did in every Warband historical mod the better alter ego that I can: when a mod give me a chance to battle for Orthodox christians, i choice this side, (I'm orthodox christian in real) then in 1257 my alter ego "Ambrosius Pellicano" usually fight for Slav peoples, Bulgaria, Serbia, Rus, and of course Byzantine empire, then I see that our objectives are similar.

I have spent some good time serving the Basileus, and I remember with pleasure these moments.

When I have some free time I will see your Let's play with great pleasure.

- Glory to the Basileus and the new Rome! -

Well, this thread is nearly a year old so it was a bit of a necro, but I wanted to log on and say thank you for your post and I'm glad you're enjoying the series. It seems that, like me, there is something about the Anno 1257 time period that calls to you and makes this particular mod very special. I am not Orthodox myself, but over the years have developed a strong historical interest in the Rhomaioi or Byzantines, and this mod gives the sense of being there fighting for them on the battlefield.

These days, I'm working on a series for another excellent - and about as different from Anno 1257 as you can get - mod called Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth. If you're interested, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM7yEwbhGUoqnZPXuI5Xkk2O3F7CTpEM4

Best,

-Marcus

oh Mother of God...

I know what mod you talk.

I have taken and tried a time, but made me completely lost.

I can "live" very well in Middle Age and Rernaissance, but only in Western, near Eastern, or Middle eastern lands (more or less from Spain to Turkey or Arabic and North-African settings) but when confronted with more far East society, I don't understand anything-there's too far from my usual thought.

My father (died in 2000) was a very great expert of Far east, he usually spent half year in India or other nearby lands, and half year here's in Italy: he knew mor or less 17 languages and  far-eastern indian dialects.

Instead, when I'm confronted with this world, i lose my mind.

I forgot to say that usually I like to be knightly, and intervene in defense of the whole Christianity: a good number of times I have served under Polish and Hungarian kingdoms, Venice, and France.

tell me, where's your character background? Mine is reflecting mostly the real me:

-son of a merchant
-street urchin
-squire
-adventuring: forced to go out of my home.

and when I become very known and strong I point to become a lord but not to have a my own kingdom-I prefer be a lord and gain fiefs, working for bring my side to the victory, after all I will have fame, lands and money the same.

A last notice: for many time I have caressed the dream to do a character with Paladin abilities that was bonded in some way to the famous Charlemagne's 12 Peers: 1257AD or Hispania 1200 are the best mod for realize a character like this. 

It's always fun to roleplay and put some added investment in your character.

In this LP I think (it's been a long time) I went with son of noble, page in noble's court, squire, and for my motivation I often mix them up so it could have been any of them, typically wanderlust. I did it for the martial skills and not really for RP reasons.

While I agree with you that culturally some societies are more familiar than others, the Mount and Blade game mechanics are easily understood, so I could play a game in a western setting, and eastern setting, or a fictional setting like Lord of the Rings and will still be able to play the game and have fun. However, in Suvarnabhumi I definitely play the role of the westerner from across the sea learning to adapt to his new home.

Look, please, this is my horrible sin in 1257, and I will apppoint you as my confessor.

vlcsnap-2011-10-28-09h07m30s242.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-10-28-09h09m38s245.jpg

chiesa1.jpg

These images come fronm a 1989 italian horror movie, The Church in wich at the start these Teutonic knights will destroy a witches nest by sword and fire, beheading, killing and massacring them.

Well, one thing I have did in part, but never ended, was entering in the Teutonic Order and massacre people like these knights in mystic fury, like a sort of Nazi precursor....

yes, sometimes I became a real psicopath killer^^

Guys plz help (ελληνας) my lords disappeared.
When i gave all remaining fiefs to my companions they accepted they left the party but disappeared. They are not in the towns neither somewhere in the map. I have send an admissary to gathet them fora campaign but they are not coming. I have searched everything. Please help!

Back
Top Bottom